• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

On a different note, Antonio Brown looking to be released by the Raiders. 2 questions:

1) What was the fine for?
2) Any chance the Redskins may try to get him?
1. Basically for being a dick head.
2. Hell no!

Edit: More likely the Raiders grab Davis if he's available.

On a different note, Antonio Brown looking to be released by the Raiders. 2 questions:

1) What was the fine for?
2) Any chance the Redskins may try to get him?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

@Ax said it best. But to add to it, he was fined for not showing up for work and then getting into a shouting match with the GM, who people say is a good GM. Clearly not if he signed Brown, but people in the league at least like him.

I'd say there is no way they should sign him. You don't want a guy who refused to show up for work. They already are dealing with that with a guy they all like. Additionally, if he was yelling at a GM people say is good and people like, imagine what it will be like with Bruce Allen.

Having said that, I'm preparing myself for the inevitable that they have signed up to a fully guaranteed contract.

The Raiders are stupid.They don't want to pay Mack or Cooper who are under 30 and then trade for the 32 year old Brown who is in no condition mentally to play in the league right now.

Gruden is an anachronism.

Football has passed him by in 10 years and he is clearly struggling as both HC and Team President as well as shadow GM.

Belichick would never touch Brown in his current state.

Brown is not a guy you win a championship with, he is a guy that helps take your team down.

The Steelers must be laughing now.

Everyone was wondering how Pittsburgh could survive without Brown and Bell.

They head into 2019 with Conner and Schuster being very productive players on their rookie deals.

That's what happens when you draft well.

McCloughan took Doctson in Round 1 while the Steelers got Schuster in Round 2.

The Saints got Thomas in Round 2.

But Belichick is at the head of the class.

When guys are all about the money he gets rid of them.

The Patriots won 2 Super Bowls since letting Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones go when they tried to hold the team up for big money deals.

I can see Allen and Snyder sitting in their little Cube of Suck at the Park asking each other if they should pull the trigger

On a related Reed note...

Yup...it was a BS hit by the Falcon defenser.

Did I just read Brown to the Patriots?

EDIT: Yes. Yes I did.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27561787/brown-agrees-deal-patriots

T

Belichick would never touch Brown in his current state.

Brown is not a guy you win a championship with, he is a guy that helps take your team down.

The Steelers must be laughing now.

The Patriots won 2 Super Bowls since letting Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones go when they tried to hold the team up for big money deals.

I dont know if the steelers are laughing but i bet they are glad they dont have to defend him this week.
Patriots would have won superbowls with or without those guys

Hopefully the pats get investigated for tampering this smells fishy

Good morning Redskins fans.

The picture you see in your mind is of angst, and trepidation. A product of far too many years of disappointment. Where results failed, miserably, to meet expectation.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to free your mind of fear, doubt, and low expectation.
Expose your psyche to the risk of hope.
Embrace the possibility of success.
Kick back, grab your favorite drink.
And cheer on our Washington Redskins to a week 1 victory against hated rival, the Filthadelphia Eeekles.

As always, if I, or any of my fellow Redskins faithful are captured by fear, or killed by memories of the past, the rest of us will still love you.

This thought will never self destruct.

HTTR

FOOTBALL!!!!!

WTH? Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but didn't expect this.

Wow... so your preseason starter now considered #4 ? Is Norval that butthurt over Perine being cut?

I've about had my fill of the DC sports media,along with the national.

The whole AP inactive story is the press stirring up bologna for clicks and for basically despising the Redskins.

The real story should be why an injured player is taking up a roster spot instead of being on IR or waived with an injury settlement.(McCoy)

Redskins need to watch Gruden.

He obviously has some frustrations built up over the team's decision to move on from some of his former favorites like Perine and Doctson.

His decision to keep McCoy active when he isn't physically capable of playing is pig-headed.

The Redskins should have put him on IR and Gruden could have brought him back during the season if he was ready to play.

Instead, the Redskins now have to maneuver around injuries by releasing potentially productive players to keep to 53 if PS moves must be made.

The move for Holtz makes no sense to me.

Why release Davis if the projection is Reed will be back in Week 2?

The Redskins can't go with 2 tight ends for one game???

This to me is close to roster construction malpractice and we haven't even fired the first shot of the season yet.

If it were me I am not going to hold myself hostage to the health of McCoy and Reed.

If they can't play by Week 4 they need to go on IR or be released.

Guice is coming back from an injury he was only cleared for less than 2 weeks ago.

If he goes down in the first quarter against the Eagles is Gruden really going to count on 190 pound Chris Thompson to carry the ball?

Smallwood has been here less than a week.

Seems to me the smart play is to have Peterson and Smallwood active and to have gone with 2 tight ends against the Eagles.

But Gruden hasn't proven to me he can be counted on to make the smart move.

The other point of contention here is Gruden's insistence he can only have 3 running backs active.

Where is that set in stone?

Most teams have 4 active
For just the injury contingency mentioned above.

You supposedly have backup OL that play multiple positions.

So maybe you go with 2 there instead of 3.

But in any case you don't just assume Guice is going to be ‘fine' health wise and in re productivity in his first NFL start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.