• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That graphic was no doubt reviewed by multiple people. No way in hell it's an accident imho. Fox should apologize on the broadcast although it'll be meaningless - because someone thought the exclusion was warranted.

I get that 'it's just a poster'. But it's still an impossible to defend and disrespectful omission.

EXACTLY. I happen to work in marketing. And you best believe that it was reviewed MULTIPLE times by many people. Esp for major national roll-out. Hard to believe that it was "missed" during the review process. This is not an intern making a flyer for the office potluck. Major slap in the face.

eh. As Boone and others like to say - winning cures almost everything.

Skins need to take names and kick arse. The chic/PC part of this (anti-Redskins team name, anti-DS undercurrent) will just have to be accepted for what it is. Win and you're always in the conversation. Sound familiar?

we really need Jeremy Sprinkle to stand up and stake his claim to a spot on the field for this team.

this is Year 3 and he has been in the 'program' long enough.

with Reed in concussion protocol again, a productive Sprinkle would help this offense out tremendously.

At 255 one would think the coaches have worked with him enough that he is more than a passable blocker at this point.

if he isn't ready to step on the field for visible reps in 2019 he should not have made the final roster.

Last night's Packers/Bears game was for all intents and purposes a preseason game. There was more rust out there on Rodgers and Trubisky than a '85 pickup truck :biggrin:

I don't think you can say anything definitive about Trubisky. if you didn't know his reputation and past performance you would say that Rodgers was an average quarterback in the NFL.

As in the preseason, the defenses were ahead of the offenses in this game.

It was a sloppy game to watch with all of the penalties and drops.

That's why the NFL should go to 2 preseason games where the roster players play and then start the regular season.

One QB piloted his team to the NFC Title game.

The other looked like he just took up the game recently.

I think some of you sell Keenum short. Is he a world beater?

No.

Could he manage a game with the aid of a good defense and a running game?

I think so. He did it once already in Minny.

If I were Jay i'd hang that damn poster all over the place. Print smaller versions and have one in every players locker while much larger ones go in the weight and meeting rooms. Remind them of diss every single day until the team starts playing with hate.

On gameday work them into a berserker like state right before kickoff then unleash the hounds

Henry,

Did you watch him last night?

No, but in my four decades of watching NFL football one thing I can safely say is the first week of the season reveals almost nothing about the rest of the season.

Week One is particularly wacky. Its why we have a good shot of winning on Sunday. :)

Keenum had a nice season a few years ago. That was, in my opinion, a pretty big outlier. He's a career backup who is playing caretaker for a rookie this year.

The kid from the Bears is an up-and-coming, young talented kid who was a pro-bowl alternate and led his team to 12-4 his second year in the league last year. That doesn't all go away after one bad Week One game.

Straight-up, if someone offered me either guy for the rest of the season right now, I'd take Trubisky in a second, and I could be wrong but I suspect every single GM in the league would as well.

But hey, I hope you're right. Maybe Keenum is the next Rich Gannon. It would be nice for a guy like that to land in our laps for a change.

Well, Gruden believes he has the best system devised by mortal man. And the only thing that's kept us from going undefeated during his entire reign, is because every QB he's had here, has just been to dumb run that system, as he designed it.

Okay, hyperbole aside, as an ex Pee-Wee League QB, he does have a QB friendly system. Who knows, it may fit Case perfectly. Let's all hope so.

But I'm with Diesel. I think a lot of people are selling him short.

The man's bringing home a W from Philly on Sunday.

That's why the NFL should go to 2 preseason games where the roster players play and then start the regular season.

So the opening day product is dreadful because no one meaningful plays,for the most part, during the preseason.

So the solution is to basically eliminate preseason totally?

Gotta be a better way......

So the opening day product is dreadful because no one meaningful plays,for the most part, during the preseason.

So the solution is to basically eliminate preseason totally?

Gotta be a better way......

What the owners (and likely players since they are paid more) want is to transition some preseason games into regular season games. I don't see it happening, but ya never know.

As it is, to me it seems the politics on the next CBA are heating to the point that the entire game is gonna change. The vets are taking money from the rooks - big time - and the owners are taking money from everyone: really big time. Admittedly, I'm not tracking the specifics of these new contracts folks like Elliot are receiving. I do know this, these contracts should be like mine - you don't perform you can be fired at will with separation pay only. The NFL, for many reasons (mostly internal), is eventually going to implode: too much money, societal moves against "violent" games, a product that is less interesting each year as the rules continually change, players becoming politicians/SJWs, fewer identifiable long-term stars, teams without sustainable identities/higher roster turn-overs, concussion impacts, smuck ownerships, fewer parents growing players from an early age, and on.

Let's talk Jordan Reed for a moment.

The start of a new season just a day away and he we all are again wondering whether or not Reed will be on the field at 1 pm Sunday.

I do not know why this club insists on being dependent on this guy? I understand when he's "right" ,he's a helluva talent.

But how often is that? And as a coach, why is your offense built around his availability? Also, why has there been no move to find his replacement in the draft?

"The best attribute a player can have is availability"- Gregg Williams

Jordan Reed does not possess that attribute and frankly, I've grown tired of the team being held up by that.

repost deleted due to odd "reply too short" message.

That's something on your end brother. Clear your browser cache and see if that takes care of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's talk Jordan Reed for a moment.

The start of a new season just a day away and he we all are again wondering whether or not Reed will be on the field at 1 pm Sunday.

I do not know why this club insists on being dependent on this guy? I understand when he's "right" ,he's a helluva talent.

But how often is that? And as a coach, why is your offense built around his availability? Also, why has there been no move to find his replacement in the draft?

"The best attribute a player can have is availability"- Gregg Williams

Jordan Reed does not possess that attribute and frankly, I've grown tired of the team being held up by that.

Hard to argue. Here's the thing ... a truly healthy Jordan Reed for 12 games is better than just about anyone else (and certainly better than anyone on our roster) for a full season.

Problem we have is that we don't know how good he'll be when he's missing time and coming off injury or whether we can even get that many games out of him.

I think it's time to see what we have in Sprinkle by giving him extended playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a related Reed note...

I frequently don't understand this team's decision-making ...

Same here Boone. Either IR McCoy or let him go. He wastes just as much of our time as Reed does.

On a different note, Antonio Brown looking to be released by the Raiders. 2 questions:

1) What was the fine for?
2) Any chance the Redskins may try to get him?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.