• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Agreed. Half of the former NFL players I see commenting on games and teams don't seem to be up to speed on the rosters and play of the current game.

If that's the case, you can imagine how UNINFORMED a lot of these desk jockeys are on the radio that are just trying to stir up controversy so people call in angry and ready for a fight, which raises ratings.

I'll confess that sometimes it's the snarky, smug, ‘I have all the answers' tone of a lot of the negative press given by Redskins coverage folks (not just by Czaban who I find a likeable guy in general) that sets me off. There are some balanced fair guys (I'd put Keim, JP Finley, Lake Lewis and others in this category) who do a great job and are hardly overly positive. But other media ‘experts' like a Grant Paulsen, Mike Wise, LaCanfora, ‘The Junkies', etc... seize on every opportunity to demonize and take obvious joy in preaching the most negative takes possible. It gets old.

The ridiculously one-sided pass these folks have given Trent Williams while throwing the entire medical staff and team physician staff under the bus (even calling for mass firings) is just the most recent example.

It results in what amounts to total conjecture being widely embraced as ‘fact' by a ton of sports fans.

I think sports media needs to be held to a higher standard but I'm cynical enough to know it will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I fall in line with the over-arching sentiment in your post - especially when the hidden political agendas influence commentary (see Al Galdi/Baldi).

I was staking myself to what Henry just posted - and an internal notion of a statute of limitations for "successful" owner.

In the event, it is the beginning of a new season and I understand some of the other motivations in play.

It would ne nice to kick the arses of a division opponent - especially the team that smacked us around like baby seals on a Monday night fiasco not so long ago still in the corner of my memory.

Vis Czaban, I would point out the format of his show may escape attention: he has foils on his "team" who offer differnt perspectives and there are many interviews with beat folks who know the team as well as national pundits. Of course he has a personna - it's been succesful enough to vault him into the headliner with others linked to his success (at least in the short-run) along for the ride.

So, I fall in line with the over-arching sentiment in your post - especially when the hidden political agendas influence commentary (see Al Galdi/Baldi).

I was staking myself to what Henry just posted - and an internal notion of a statute of limitations for "successful" owner.

In the event, it is the beginning of a new season and I understand some of the other motivations in play.

It would ne nice to kick the arses of a division opponent - especially the team that smacked us around like baby seals on a Monday night fiasco not so long ago still in the corner of my memory.

My argument wasn't with you or Henry - only the way Czaban stayed his case.

The problem with a guy like Czaban is that he's created a persona and if he doesn't do his shtick, then no one listens. A lot of guys are like that. I used to listen to his show and I could take him in doses. There were times I just had to turn it off because I got tired of the latest dead horse being beat.

As far as knowledge of teams and situations, national sports guys are the worst. I was driving back from Georgia this weekend and I'm pretty sure it was ESPN was doing their football preview. Whoever was hosting did the breakdown of the NFC East. He spent about 30 seconds on the Redskins saying they would be terrible like every year. No mention of how they led the NFC East last year for half the season. And he said that the Redskins are letting Trent Williams twist in the wind because they are a bad franchise. As we all argue, the Redskins are a bad franchise and we just argue how bad. But clearly he had zero clue about the Trent Williams situation. Wouldn't it only take 5 seconds of research to know Williams is under contract and decided on his own not to show up?

Watching Bears/Packers tonight and for some reason, I don't feel so bad about our offense anymore........

If you want to get an idea of how little respect we are getting, here's Exhibit A) ...

If you want to get an idea of how little respect we are getting, here's Exhibit A) ...

Maybe we're about to get our own poster? *hopeful smile*

Or maybe Trent Williams is holding out from the poster too?

This is ridiculous though. And I can't believe this isn't somehow deliberate. The other 31 teams are represented.

Maybe we're about to get our own poster? *hopeful smile*

Or maybe Trent Williams is holding out from the poster too?

This is ridiculous though. And I can't believe this isn't somehow deliberate. The other 31 teams are represented.

I'm sure it's an oversight by the network (maybe the low level person who drew it did it intentionally), but it's a marketing mistake that is really dumb. The Redskins are scheduled to play on Fox 12 times this year. I'm sure that's as high as any other team because it means just a few primetime games. If you are the marketing department, how do you miss including a team that will mean millions of eyeballs on your own network? If they had missed an AFC team that is on Fox maybe 2 or 3 times, yeah no big deal. But that's not the case here.

It was pointed out that there are two Falcons on the graphic. Are the Falcons really that cool?

Anyway, yeah, Fox can go spit.

Somewhere at the Fox offices...

Exec: What we need is a graphic to represent the new season!

Graffix guy: What do you have in mind?

Exec: I'm thinking a collection of players. Maybe one from each team. Fan them out all over the graphic, make it look exciting!

Graffix guy: No problem, I can do that.

**Some time later**

Graffix guy: All done.

Exec: Looks good. I'm seeing... 1, 2, 3.... yup 32 players on there. You get one of each team?

Graffix guy: Well... no... mostly, but I decided to go with two Falcons instead of putting a Redskin on there. That ok?

Exec: No Redskins at all?

Graffix guy: Nope. Couldn't think of one.

Exec: Not Trent Willams?

Graffix Guy: Holdout.

Exec: Ryan Kerrigan?

Graffix Guy: Nah, not flashy enough.

Exec: Ok, what about that new Quarterback they've got?

Graffix Guy: Case Keenum?

Exec: Lord no, no one's interesting in him. No, the young kid...

Graffix Guy: Oh, Dwayne Haskins!

Exec: Yeah that's the one.

Graffix Guy: Yeah he might not play this year.

Exec: Jordan Reed?

Graffix Guy: I thought about it, but we'll look like idiots if he retires due to this concussion. I mean we already had to replace Andrew Luck. Time and money boss!

Exec: Okay, forget Reed. What about Peterson?

Graffix Guy: Rumour is he might be inactive on game days.

Exec: Seriously?

Graffix Guy: *shrugs*

Exec: Well who's left?

Graffix Guy: I don't know... does it matter? They're gonna finish 0-16 this year anyway.

Exec: What? Worse than the Dolphins? AND the Giants?

Graffix Guy: That's what I hear.

Exec: Well... fair enough then. It'll be fine, just run with it.

That graphic was no doubt reviewed by multiple people. No way in hell it's an accident imho. Fox should apologize on the broadcast although it'll be meaningless - because someone thought the exclusion was warranted.

I get that 'it's just a poster'. But it's still an impossible to defend and disrespectful omission.

Pronounced Pigskin Pathological Prognosticating Pettiness?

Do you feel better or worse about our defense? Both defenses were amazing.

Case Keemun is a better QB than Mitchell Trubisky.

I'm actually excited to see the defense this year. Every coach tells you “It starts up front” and that is a bedrock fundamental IMO, one that I believe they have covered.

lol if that doesn't tell you something about the Skins of the last couple decades nothing will. Hopefully someone will post this poster in the Skins locker room.

Case Keemun is a better QB than Mitchell Trubisky.

I'm actually excited to see the defense this year. Every coach tells you “It starts up front” and that is a bedrock fundamental IMO, one that I believe they have covered.

We'll see. I like our defense as well. But it's different from what I saw last night. Ours is built more on raw power. What I saw last night was speed and quickness and some power. Hope we see better LB play this year. Anywho, it was fun watchng dominant defense in an otherwise boring game last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.