• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Better footwork, better offensive line support :)

Might also help if we see Haskins with our starting OL.

I think until our starting line can prove that they can protect whoever the QB is, Keenum is the designated crash test dummy.

I think Penn who made the pro bowl in 2017 is going to be OK in pass pro on the outside and better than that in the run game as he is known as a great drive blocker.

Where I have the real concern is with Flowers. He was gifted the left guard job based on almost ZERO reps at the position. Given he never played there before, that raises a LOT of red flags.

Wes Martin started 45-50 games at OG in college and seemingly was coming along and projects to being a starter in the NFL.

Why not get him started now?

Those whiffs by Flowers and the penalty at the goal line that nullified the touchdown are enough to convince me that there is no value in starting Ereck strictly because he has NFL experience.

His NFL experience so far has been as a failure.

I don't think we'll really know if it will be Flowers, or Martin, until kickoff opening day.

Why not let the Eagles prepare for Flowers, and hit'em with a curve ball right off the bat?

I think Penn who made the pro bowl in 2017 is going to be OK in pass pro on the outside and better than that in the run game as he is known as a great drive blocker.

Where I have the real concern is with Flowers. He was gifted the left guard job based on almost ZERO reps at the position. Given he never played there before, that raises a LOT of red flags.

Wes Martin started 45-50 games at OG in college and seemingly was coming along and projects to being a starter in the NFL.

Why not get him started now?

Those whiffs by Flowers and the penalty at the goal line that nullified the touchdown are enough to convince me that there is no value in starting Ereck strictly because he has NFL experience.

His NFL experience so far has been as a failure.

I don't think I've ever seen a supposed tackle-caliber player that was moved to guard, and STILL can't play. He may well be uncoachable. Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better footwork, better offensive line support :)

Might also help if we see Haskins with our starting OL.

All the more reason to draft the kid some stud o-linemen in the spring. I believe if Haskins is afforded a solid pocket he can pick a defense apart with his arm strength alone. I also believe he could do so without first round wr's as well. Basically if the team provides the kid with a young/talented o-line and a few sticky handed wr's our offense improves dramatically, like best in decades improves.

If nobody else can tell I'm pretty excited for the possibilities with this kid, so BruDan better not **** this up for us

Cravens gets a visit from The Turk, cut by Broncos.

Cravens and RGIII continue to take parting shots at the Redskins organization but neither player by their play on the field has shown the team to be mistaken about them.

Both players have been backups on other teams and really have not made a case they are capable of more.

Skins fill final roster spot - for now.

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That's what I heard from a league source a few weeks ago. Basically when the team found out about Trent's medical scare, Dan Snyder immediately got involved and made sure Trent found the best doctor. <a href="https://t.co/cUsTtyPqt0">https://t.co/cUsTtyPqt0</a></p>— Erin Hawksworth (@ErinHawksworth) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErinHawksworth/status/1168594568159420416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't get it either. I really don't.

My pet theory is that this is exclusively a Gruden thing: only Colt fully "understands" the nuances of Jay's offense and can make the right reads and decisions; hence, sink or swim with his guy. The rest of us, of course, know that Colt has backup written all over him.

Still not sure why Colt is on the roster - he could be parked until healthy and then brought back.

Well, let's hope the new coach next season is onboard with Haskins.

Gruden's offense is his Achilles heel.

In today's game where players change teams and rookies are expected to come in and play right away, Gruden is a dinosaur running a system that evidently takes 3-4 years to learn.

No one has time to wait 3-4 years to get a new qb up and running in the league.

Joe Gibbs was perhaps the pioneer in tailoring scheme to player and making transitions, even within season successful.

He got guys on the field and producing.

It's inconceivable to me that in 2019 we are dealing with this kind of issue.

Last year, Harbaugh changed his offense in mid-season for Lamar Jackson,a rookie.

We need to move on from Jay in 2020.

Look ... Gruden hasn't been good enough. But doesn't the describe exactly what he did last year? We've never been a run first team prior to that. In fact the previous big gripe about Gruden was failing to commit to a running game. What did he do with AP on the roster last year?

And when we had a QB who was a capable passer, we put up major passing yards.

Gruden is deservedly on the hot seat but I don't think ‘failing to adjust his scheme to the available talent' is the primary reason.

The fact remains though that Gruden is still fighting for a 32 year old career backup who can't walk without a limp as one of his 53.

That speaks volumes.

It's amusing to note but I recall even when Kirk was throwing for yardage there were times when Gruden looked exasperated after games because ‘we left a lot out on the field' in re what the offense provided for (according to him).

The contradiction with Gruden is that he is a perfectionist at quarterback while allowing backs, receivers and OL to underperform and keeping them around nonetheless.

So, he is reluctant to take any ‘chances' in getting qbs on the field quickly despite modern wisdom that a qb today starts and learns from starting rather than by sitting on the bench.

You know the start of the season is near when the Post starts rolling out Snyder hit pieces this morning....

The fact remains though that Gruden is still fighting for a 32 year old career backup who can't walk without a limp as one of his 53.

That speaks volumes.

It's amusing to note but I recall even when Kirk was throwing for yardage there were times when Gruden looked exasperated after games because ‘we left a lot out on the field' in re what the offense provided for (according to him).

The contradiction with Gruden is that he is a perfectionist at quarterback while allowing backs, receivers and OL to underperform and keeping them around nonetheless.

So, he is reluctant to take any ‘chances' in getting qbs on the field quickly despite modern wisdom that a qb today starts and learns from starting rather than by sitting on the bench.

That's a fair assessment. I would've started the Dwayne Haskins era immediately. There's literally nothing to lose unless you think his psyche is going to get permanently damaged with some early struggles (I don't). Not sure why Gruden is so cautious in a year where he's reportedly playing for his job?

You know the start of the season is near when the Post starts rolling out Snyder hit pieces this morning....

I thought that one was pretty favorable to Snyder. At least it cited some that were optimistic.

What I can't understand is why Bruce still has a job. How much clearer can it get?

Today, the Cowboys just signed L Collins to a 5 year deal. Not only didn't we risk a 7th round pick on him for some unknown reason, but we're about to get nothing in return for Trent Williams to boot.

Sign RG3 for that last season. Get nothing for Cousins. Get nothing for Trent.

And next year? Morgan Moses has his contract come up. What are the odds of Bruce f'ing that up too? 99.999999999%?

The Cowboys get Amari Cooper and L Collins. We lose Trent Williams and Morgan Moses on deck.

No one can win like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.