• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Here's Sua Craven's 2 cents on the redskin medical staff handling of his issues, whatever they are/were. Choosing to take with a grain of salt but who really knows these things.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...lleges-team-mishandled-injuries-withheld-info

Grain of salt?

I don't know Win - thinking maybe it should be a couple of tons of Morton's?

Cravens is a major flake. This is the guy that after being highly drafted and supported by the Redskins, out of the blue begins wondering if he wants to play at all. Nevermind if it put the team that drafted him in a lurch or not. And it wasn't the first such flake out he'd had. He's lucky there was another NFL team willing to give him a chance.

That guy has about as much credibility as Bill Clinton about now.

There are lots of guys on this team who AREN'T flakes, whose opinions/feedback should be beyond reproach, and/or don't have an ax to grind - none of whom seem to have an issue with the Skins training and medical staff.

Ryan Kerrigan
Jonathan Allen
Josh Norman
Vernon Davis
Derrius Guice
Colt McCoy
Jordan Reed
Chris Thompson
Alex Smith

Pretty sure if there were some huge systemic organizational issue - we'd be hearing about it.

Unless one believes those kinds of guys are shy, gutless, or selfish.

Last edited:
Grain of salt?

I don't know Win - thinking maybe it should be a couple of tons of Morton's?

Cravens is a major flake. This is the guy that after being highly drafted and supported by the Redskins, out of the blue begins wondering if he wants to play at all. Nevermind if it put the team that drafted him in a lurch or not. And it wasn't the first such flake out he'd had. He's lucky there was another NFL team willing to give him a chance.

That guy has about as much credibility as Bill Clinton about now.

There are lots of guys on this team who AREN'T flakes, whose opinions/feedback should be beyond reproach, and/or don't have an ax to grind - none of whom seem to have an issue with the Skins training and medical staff.

Ryan Kerrigan
Jonathan Allen
Josh Norman
Vernon Davis
Derrius Guice
Colt McCoy
Jordan Reed
Chris Thompson
Alex Smith

Pretty sure if there were some huge systemic organizational issue - we'd be hearing about it.

Unless one believes those kinds of guys are shy, gutless, or selfish.

Yeah the grain of salt was just the obligatory disclaimer, lol. I kinda remember the mystery illness he was stating back when he was on the team, & nobody knew wtf it actually was as that. Thank goodness our drafts are trending better and away from head cases (fingers crossed).

Yeah the grain of salt was just the obligatory disclaimer, lol. I kinda remember the mystery illness he was stating back when he was on the team, & nobody knew wtf it actually was as that. Thank goodness our drafts are trending better and away from head cases (fingers crossed).

I love you and respect you. Please don't think I'm beating on you. But there's this whole industry feeding the idea that the Redskins are uniquely dysfunctional - hell - borderline evil.

I don't buy it.

99% of the shit the media puts out there related to the Skins is true of every other NFL franchise.

That's all I'm saying.

If the Redskins medical and training staff were comprised of a bunch of Snyder/Devil worshipers, I feel confident we'd be hearing about it from someone beyond Trent Williams and Sua Cravens. I could be wrong. That's just my feeling about it.

Wasn't the medical staff and our recent injury woes looked at by an impartial investigative crew and NOTHING was found to be a problem?

I'm with Boone on this, for sure.

I love you and respect you. Please don't think I'm beating on you. But there's this whole industry feeding the idea that the Redskins are uniquely dysfunctional - hell - borderline evil.

I don't buy it.

99% of the shit the media puts out there related to the Skins is true of every other NFL franchise.

That's all I'm saying.

If the Redskins medical and training staff were comprised of a bunch of Snyder/Devil worshipers, I feel confident we'd be hearing about it from someone beyond Trent Williams and Sua Cravens. I could be wrong. That's just my feeling about it.

It's all good brother, never thought that for a minute. The majority of media driven stories, regardless of network are bs imo anyways, but that's another thread topic.

If I link an article to the site it's always an fyi thing in case anyone else missed a story. Snyder and the FO deserve their share of ridicule, especially from back in the day. However, medical treatment is taken extremely seriously nowadays and I cannot fathom ANY team tossing a players health to the wayside to save $. My "guess" is Cravens couldn't prove his case in litigation so he does the hip new thing of players blasting their former team via social media.

For the record I believe the team was/is on the correct side dealing with Trent and Cravens. Both of these guys are much more immature than what I initially gave them credit for. Nothing more than the 'use the media as leverage' when they have no leg to stand on otherwise.

Many times it's difficult to convey through posts but the ONLY thread I'm ever posting while in a somber mood is the Celebrity Death Thread. Otherwise I'm usually in great spirits. And the only bully's around here are Goal and K ;-)

So Sua Cravens believes - that when you stop showing up for work an employer should still provide insurance and a paycheck to you - no that's called business kid, moron.

Here's the interesting thing and maybe it's because I'm nowhere near the home market, other than an initial blurb on ESPN, the only thing I've read about the TW situation has been articles and tweets posted here. I'd wager I think some of what is going on here is that the Redskins always had that "off-season story" for the past few years, first the RG3 scenario, then capt happy feet cousins scenario, well discussing Alex Smith's broken leg isn't sexy so let's run with TW trying to extort some additional cash. I just don't buy into the hype with this situation regarding "the medical staff".

Cravens is never going to let his trade/departure from the Redskins go, because it made him look gutless. And if an NFL player or other professional athlete can't live something down with his peers it's the feeling that he quit on his team when they needed him.

The way I remember it Cravens was a guy that was not going to play unless he was absolutely 100%, he was made of glass.

But what he failed to do during that second training camp was to level with the coaches about his concerns regarding concussions and then make a sound career decision based on that.

He went through the the motions and there were comments about him going less than 100% in training.

Then right before the season he bailed on the team just as he did in college and went home and was placed on the left/camp list.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Might get to see a few more starters for a few plays.

As for the young guys, Holcomb, McKinzy, Sweat, and Moreland are targeted interests on defense.
Christian, Martin, McClaurin, Cam Sims, and of course The Kid, on offense.

Most importantly, no injuries.

A lot of this feels like Trent looking for leverage in getting a trade or an extension, and Cravens jumping on a bandwagon. *shrugs*

I don't doubt there are issues at hand that have our players lacking a full, simple recovery. There are simply too many of them to be coincidence.

With that said, I am starting to believe Williams realizes he's never going to win a Super Bowl or be a contender, here. Trade him to the Dolphins and let him play out his career in that hell.

This first drive of the game is among the most embarrassing displays of officiating I have seen in 50 years of watching the NFL. I mean Jesus Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol and justice is served.

Bad calls against us?

Did Cincy come out running no huddle on our D?

6:48 in the 1st quarter and there's 6 penalties called already?

The refs are not only calling everything remotely possible, they've been calling stuff that was just flat wrong. At least on the first drive.

Would like to see us execute a bit better on special teams. This game should easily 10-0, if not 14-0.

It's all good. They are definitely not in midseason form as of the first quarter of the second preseason game. Shocking!

They're playing hard. I like the organization on defense so far and just the overall feel of confidence. Got to start paying attention to details now.

Special teams play tonight is downright awful thus far. Too many beers had at the JP Finlay podcast it appears.

Watching through espn's box score is a pain in the rear, appreciate the updates guys.

How's the starting o-line looking?

Tell me Manusky's calling a vanilla defense and Finley isn't carving our 1's up

Edit: Oh well it's preseason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.