• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Antonio Brown to the Redskins would just be another in the long list of transactions made under Dan Snyder that generate false hope for Redskins fans. From a team and culture building standpoint, it's wrong on so many levels. A move to get Brown to me is nothing more than a desperate attempt to fill all those empty seats we saw all season at FedEx.

At the end of the day, if reports are true that the Raiders are involved in bidding for Brown, then they might very well save us from ourselves. With three first round picks, they ultimately have way more ammunition to land him. We've heard Doug talk about how their isn't much interest in our side in parting with picks. I just don't see how parting with a veteran player from this roster in exchange for Brown would be attractive to Pittsburgh. If anything, outside of high picks they'll want young guys on the rise. We saw how well that went over when letting Kendall Fuller depart last year.

Let's stand pay. I honestly think that nine picks if used properly can help our Washington Redskins more long term than a circus performer like Brown.

People refer to Schefter as if he's the word of God. He's better than most...but we need to remember he's a journalist and a) isn't always right, or b) provides no context. 'Expressed interest' could be a phone call where the Skins offered a 5th rounder.

So the latest buzz if there is any validity to the rumours is that the Redskins are openly interested in Josh Rosen. I personally would be fine with bringing him in. He was highly regarded a year ago in a draft that featured an overall much stronger QB class compared to 2019, and if the Cards give up on the guy, would be coming in here with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Those would all be plusses for us, not to mention that he'd have a bit of NFL experience under his belt to draw on.

Where I'm a bit thrown off and confused is with some of the chatter regarding the compensation it would take to land Rosen. If the Cards are openly shopping this guy and want to rid of him before free agency opens, do they really have any leverage? Interest on their part to shop him a) indicates they are drafting Murray and b) is admission on their part that they aren't high on the guy in the first place. If anything, to me acquiring Rosen should be something teams could accomplish at a fairly reasonable price. I suppose the problem becomes if a bidding war ensues among multiple teams. I get that. That being all said, if the Cards hitch onto Kyler Murray's bandwagon, I believe teams would be silly to even consider trading 1sts for Rosen. He would be nice to add, but in a responsible fashion. Under no circumstance should Arizona be the one walking away in a Rosen deal as the team who appears to be the trade winner.

...I suppose the problem becomes if a bidding war ensues among multiple teams. I get that. That being all said, if the Cards hitch onto Kyler Murray's bandwagon, I believe teams would be silly to even consider trading 1sts for Rosen. He would be nice to add, but in a responsible fashion. Under no circumstance should Arizona be the one walking away in a Rosen deal as the team who appears to be the trade winner.

I would think a 3rd round pick would be enough, but you never know.

I keep hearing the Redskins are ever more increasingly in the mix for Josh Rosen. While I like it, I don't understand why the Redskins aren't in the talks about Nick Foles.

I keep hearing the Redskins are ever more increasingly in the mix for Josh Rosen. While I like it, I don't understand why the Redskins aren't in the talks about Nick Foles.

We could not afford Foles.
Rosen will have his Rookie Contract for 3 more years. Much more affordable.

Hell I think a 3rd is too high for Rosen. Maybe it's just me but this guy does not impress much.

No comparison in one regard - Rosen is 21 guys. 21! An unproven 21 but man, he is talented, cheap, and young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but Norv Gruden has turned lots of so-so QB's into pro bowl caliber...….Oh wait. Wrong guy.

He's never won squat with any QB.

Let the next coach pick his own QB.

Hell I think a 3rd is too high for Rosen. Maybe it's just me but this guy does not impress much.

That's insane Win. He can make every NFL throw and that is a rare thing. He was running for his life behind the Cards crap OL - not to mention being a rook and having his OC fired mid-season. Look up Peyton Manning's assessment of him.

I don't want to give up our first for him, but it wouldn't be an unreasonable move either.

Yeah, but Norv Gruden has turned lots of so-so QB's into pro bowl caliber...….Oh wait. Wrong guy.

He's never done squat with a QB.

Let the next coach pick his own QB.

So Jay Gruden gets zero credit in Kirk Cousins development? Say what you will about Cousins deficits but the guy is a highly productive QB who himself credits Gruden for his success.

No comparison in one regard - Rosen is 21 guys. 21! An unproven 21 but man, he is talented, cheap, and young.

Dude, I am so on board the Josh Rosen for a 3rd round pick.

In addition to the several advantages of going the Rosen route, you also have to consider the following...there are some highly touted QB prospects expected to be available in the coming seasons. Acquiring Josh for a day two pick does not put you out of the mix in terms of potentially pursuing a highly rated QB in the next two drafts. After all, he had a failed first season in Arizona, and would be coming in here for a prove it season.

In the event that you hypothetically pursued a Foles or drafted someone at 15, you would be more reluctant to try and nab a high end QB prospect in the 2020 or 2021 draft and invest so heavily in the position.

Rosen gives you some upside for 2019, something to be somewhat intrigued by as a fan, and best of all, does not tie your hands as an organization moving forward if he comes in at a smart price.

What I'm seeing is happy feet and hardly any arm strength. With solid coaching from Rat he may be effective enough, that's if we keep hammering picks on defense and get him some sure handed wr's. That's pretty much true for 99% of qb's though.

You guys break down mechanics and what not's much further than I do, but he looks like a younger Colt to me. Here's his UCLA highlights which he has time on many of the throws. But, even with better blocking he's not able to drive a ball on the sideline routes and deep ball looks very meh.

If we clear up contracts, like BB and others have mentioned we can, we can afford him. No one is going to give him the money that Cousins got, but he is likely a 28 million a year QB, and that's fine. It's what the going rate is right now.

If this FO thinks we can win in the short run, which it sounds like they believe...this is the move, but they better make it a long term deal with easy outs.

If we clear up contracts, like BB and others have mentioned we can, we can afford him. No one is going to give him the money that Cousins got, but he is likely a 28 million a year QB, and that's fine. It's what the going rate is right now.

If this FO thinks we can win in the short run, which it sounds like they believe...this is the move, but they better make it a long term deal with easy outs.

Clearing up cap room needs to happen regardless.
They are not going to tie up around 60 Million in quarterback money, for each of the next 2 years.
No chance.

So Jay Gruden gets zero credit in Kirk Cousins development? Say what you will about Cousins deficits but the guy is a highly productive QB who himself credits Gruden for his success.

Well, I immediately rephrased my statement, but not fast enough, as you quoted the original.

Gruden hasn't WON anything, with any QB. He's benched every QB he's had here. He's gotten zero loyalty from anyone but Colt.
He's a failure, to date. I hope for better this season.
I expect more of the same.

Well, I immediately rephrased my statement, but not fast enough, as you quoted the original.

Gruden hasn't WON anything, with any QB. He's benched every QB he's had here. He's gotten zero loyalty from anyone but Colt.
He's a failure, to date. I hope for better this season.
I expect more of the same.

He benched Griffin - because he was awful. He benched Kirk because he was throwing INTs in bunches. Both were positive decisions. Surprised you'd have a problem with him not coddling his QB. I think players almost universally like and respect Gruden. If that's not the case, I must've missed a bunch of guys throwing him under the bus.

Yeah - he hasn't won, not nearly enough. But that wasn't the argument you were making :)

What I'm seeing is happy feet and hardly any arm strength. With solid coaching from Rat he may be effective enough, that's if we keep hammering picks on defense and get him some sure handed wr's. That's pretty much true for 99% of qb's though.

You guys break down mechanics and what not's much further than I do, but he looks like a younger Colt to me. Here's his UCLA highlights which he has time on many of the throws. But, even with better blocking he's not able to drive a ball on the sideline routes and deep ball looks very meh.

He doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough, and he makes up for 'just average' arm strength by throwing one of the tightest spirals you'll see, with almost perfect mechanics and footwork. He is very accurate, and he probably throws the best fade I've ever seen a young QB throw :) Biggest gripes on Rosen are that he stands in and waits until the last minute to throw, which makes him prone to sacks (and he had shoulder/hand injuries in college and at least one major concussion). He has a little bit of Jay Cutler in him, as he'll try and make a throw occasionally that he shouldn't. And he really is a pure pocket passer, doesn't take off much and when he does isn't very accurate. If I were going to compare him to someone, it would be Eli Manning. Colt? I don't get the comparison. He's bigger, a far better passer, and his draft position reflects the difference.

And btw - where the hell is Brother @Bulldog ?? I'd really like to know what he thinks about the possibility of Rosen in B&G?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.