• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

And yet one wonders if we'v hit absolute rock bottom yet. Something inside me says "No"

No we haven't. Everything said and done - the defense has improved from the dregs/complete joke it was just a few short years ago. So there's that. It has further to go, but at least not everythung is FUBAR.

In short, BruDan have the defense to undercut over time.

Sneaky! You changed it on me. When I posted my comment there was nothing but empty space/white form on your post.

So...rumors are swirling that Gregg Williams is visiting Redskins Park this week. I thought he was already hired in NY?

Jsteelz
‏

@jsteelznskins
Following Following @jsteelznskins
More
Tomorrow will be a big day but no news is good news in this case so far regarding Gregg Williams. He has not signed a deal and is set to meet with Skins this week
7:27 PM - 13 Jan 2019

So...rumors are swirling that Gregg Williams is visiting Redskins Park this week. I thought he was already hired in NY?

If true is he here for Manusky's job or Jay's? Interesting news there

Not making light of it, but the Fecals suffered a large number of injuries this past season all the way through yesterday. Yet, somehow, they managed to get into and progress in the playoffs. Good coaching.

I don't agree.

Gutting the roster in 2019 and going younger allows us to set ourselves up with one of the top picks in 2020 when the quarterback class is expected to be much more robust than in 2019.

And that will coincide with working off Alex Smith's cap hit.

I'm not saying that we soldier on and go for a competitive 2019.

What I'm saying is that we only have 11 draft picks, and $20 million in cap room to use in FA. We can't turn over a complete team with that.

If we gut the team what are we going to replace them with? In our position you're simply looking at equivalent level talent, you're not going to suddenly outfit the team with bluechippers across the board.

Let's say those number above allow us to turn over 50% of the team (optimistically) then we're still talking about 20-25 players that have to stay on the payroll.
Which do you pick and choose to stay?

Def Secondary NEEDS a desperate overhaul. Let Norman go and get some youth in.
The O Line has given us trouble the last two years health wise. Spend some drafts and money there.
It's clear that we're going to need a QB sooner rather than later.
Our RB position is shaky at best. AP is old. Guice unproven and coming off injury. CT too brittle maybe.
We need impact Linebackers.

With the fluctuation of the Oline and the QB position, We is the least of our issues and hence why I suspect (and agree) that we just roll them over and let them show us something next year.

Not making light of it, but the Fecals suffered a large number of injuries this past season all the way through yesterday. Yet, somehow, they managed to get into and progress in the playoffs. Good coaching.

I said it at the beginning of the season, and it still holds true, IMHO.

Coaching, is our weakest link. Has been since Gibbs1, or 2.0.
It's worse than Snyder.
It's worse than Bruce.
It's worse than the roster's talent level.

After hearing some other fans over the last few weeks, they have changed my mind to hang in there despite the disaster of keeping Bruce for another year.

I will watch and buy minor merch like keychains and lanyards, I reserve my jersey buying until we get in the playoffs.

I feel ashamed to have wanted to abandon the team due to a stupid decision from the front office. I will keep my hopes up for something good to come out of 2019

I also heard Jim Zorn is being interviewed after GW's visit!

No...you didn't. And I posted a resource that has been credible over the years, so your snark displays ignorance.

They're inter-connected. BruDan and before hired the coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
No...you didn't. And I posted a resource that has been credible over the years, so your snark displays ignorance.

You didn't get the joke obviously. Who did Snyder hire after GW was fired?

btw....my comment had nothing to do with you. I was reflecting on what happened to Williams before and how that might impact his mindset back in Reskins Park - i.e., by implication it was about Snyder. Best to run things to ground sometimes my friend before assuming the worst.

Lighten up Francis. I take everything you post seriously and approach it respectfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're inter-connected. BruDan and before hired the coaches.

. A0D35F07-76C1-4D3F-9476-26C9C7ECD866.png.

My point in saying we can move on from some vets is that we haven't been getting stellar performances out of nunber of guys. Their release would open up cap space we need.

I don't know that moving on from Preston Smith, Jordan Reed or Josh Norman costs us that much if we are smart in the draft and in bargain free agency.

So what kind of message does this send to our currently still employed Defensive Coordinator if we're meeting with Gregg? Seems kind of bush league to keep Manusky employed while you actively interview other coaches. Wow....hard to believe why coaches from other teams don't want to drop everything to coach here.

So what kind of message does this send to our currently still employed Defensive Coordinator if we're meeting with Gregg? Seems kind of bush league to keep Manusky employed while you actively interview other coaches. Wow....hard to believe why coaches from other teams don't want to drop everything to coach here.

We've talked about that...,it's shitty. I even said I'd take the financial loss to give this front office a big FU as I walked out the building if I were Manusky.

I'm always late the the party....

You can say "he's making a lot of money" but I'm with ya man. They could mail me my last check.

Please listen to yesterday's podcast from Sheehan from the 24 minute point to the 29 minute point. It refers to the very strange meeting that Wade Phillips had with Jay when he interviewed for the D coordinator.

https://thekevinsheehanshow.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.