• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

As much as I'd like to bring in GW I cant see snyder admitting he f'd up after Gibbs retired, plus Gruden seems safe regardless whose available for at least one more season

Torrian Gray has been fired. So Skins will have a new DB coach at a minimum.

Rumored to have hosted Bowles although what that was about remains unclear...

No confirmation that Manusky is gone though - at least that I've seen. Are you guys really that sold on Todd Bowles?

Meeting with someone without a specific role discussed and without anyone fired at the time.....is that normal business? Sort of feels like hiring your coach before you have your GM.

Kitchens was just named HC of the Browns. That likely puts Gregg Williams in play. Personally, although they've supposedly 'mended fences', I don't see Gregg ever forgiving Snyder for dissing him in favor of Jim effing Zorn. I see little chance we could lure him back to the DC role here. And I don't blame Williams at all for that.

Well, my hope was for Gruden to get fired 5 minutes after the clock ran out against the iggles. And, for the Browns to hire someone else as head coach, and Snyder correcting a mistake by hiring GW as head coach. And I think he would have taken it. With certain conditions.

It would be wrong to do it now. After telling Gruden you buy the injury excuse for EVERYTHING.
And, no way in hell GW comes back as DC.

Meeting with someone without a specific role discussed and without anyone fired at the time.....is that normal business? Sort of feels like hiring your coach before you have your GM.

We don't know that happened brother. Some reporter reports it - with the ubiquitous 'I'm told...'

Well, my hope was for Gruden to get fired 5 minutes after the clock ran out against the iggles. And, for the Browns to hire someone else as head coach, and Snyder correcting a mistake by hiring GW as head coach. And I think he would have taken it. With certain conditions.

It would be wrong to do it now. After telling Gruden you buy the injury excuse for EVERYTHING.
And, no way in hell GW comes back as DC.

Honestly - who the hell cares about 'wrong'? If GW were agreeable, and you really believe he can be the HC to get this team out of the quagmire, a broken promise to Jay Gruden is inconsequential. I don't think there's any way it happens, but I'd have little problem with it if it did.

'The situation has changed' is the only explanation required.

Well, I think part of the reason Gruden wasn't fired is because Snyder is trying to prove he's not the hot head, fire the coach every other year, that his former reputation warranted. It would all come raining back down if he pulled the move now.

As it is, if Gruden continues to fail, and gets fired after next season, no one can legitimately say he wasn't given every chance to succeed.

Well, except for those laying the groundwork of an excuse that nobody could win under Snyder and Allen.
Which is total BS.

As much as I'd like to bring in GW I cant see snyder admitting he f'd up after Gibbs retired, plus Gruden seems safe regardless whose available for at least one more season

This is so Redskins isn't it! :highly_amused:

Too much change?

If anything Snyder is being for criticized for allowing Bruce Allen and his picked coach Gruden to continue to operate in a vacuum where lack of performance always seems to have an excuse.

Allen and Gruden together are among the most senior GM/HC combos in the league.

This is really beginning to feel like the Norv years all over again.

Shit - Falcons just announced they've signed Ben Kotwica as their ST coach - wtf?

I am thinking there's a bigger house cleaning going on than we know about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redskins front office misdirection in re the status of the team staff departures?

Bruce Allen is a total clown.

We were supposed to get rid of the BAD coaches ...

Well, except for those laying the groundwork of an excuse that nobody could win under Snyder and Allen.
Which is total BS.

I agree. Other than 20 years (come this May) of confirming evidence there is no reason to think so!

Some on twitter are saying that alot of assistants are tired of the circus and want out.

If that's true...in the words of Sam Beckett: "Oh boy....."

Some on twitter are saying that alot of assistants are tired of the circus and want out.

If that's true...in the words of Sam Beckett: "Oh boy....."

That sounds like a stretch to me. Honestly DP - 90% of what's said on Twitter is people spewing and airing their frustrations. That fits the 'toxic organization' and 'dysfunctional culture' narrative. I'm not saying it's not a toxic organization with a dysfunctional culture :) But that doesn't mean good coaches would just bail... I think it's more likely they've had advanced warning of big changes coming. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Gregg Williams is the same guy that let a bunch of talent go after the 05 season then wanted Adam Archuleta, let antonio pierce go and replaced him with highway 55. I think the main telling thing was that Gibbs didn't endorse him or Al Saunders after he retired.

I also think if Gibbs knew of bounty gate which did happen here also he would have fired him on the spot.
The same thing that every coach and coordinators gets accused of here Gregg did round hole square peg. To a degree that has to be true because you can't adjust a defense and allow 11 guys to free lance. He took it to far.
Rumour has it he wanted full control of player acquisitions while we all didn't want bunny to have Gregg didn't need it either.

Remember 2006 and our safeties and cornerbacks coaches arguing over who was in charge? I imagine the same thing would have happened if he had became head coach

Gregg Williams is the same guy that let a bunch of talent go after the 05 season then wanted Adam Archuleta, let antonio pierce go and replaced him with highway 55. I think the main telling thing was that Gibbs didn't endorse him or Al Saunders after he retired.

I also think if Gibbs knew of bounty gate which did happen here also he would have fired him on the spot.
The same thing that every coach and coordinators gets accused of here Gregg did round hole square peg. To a degree that has to be true because you can't adjust a defense and allow 11 guys to free lance. He took it to far.
Rumour has it he wanted full control of player acquisitions while we all didn't want bunny to have Gregg didn't need it either.

Remember 2006 and our safeties and cornerbacks coaches arguing over who was in charge? I imagine the same thing would have happened if he had became head coach
So there's no chance Gregg has grown as a coach since he's been here right? I mean, he does have a Superbowl ring that his defense was a part of.

THE DUDE WON IN CLEVELAND.

Freaking Cleveland. That's a feat in and of itself.

He's not coming here because that would require Dan to admit he was wrong. It would also require Jay to agree to have a coach on his team that is better than him. That ain't happening either.

So here we are...a thousand miles from nowhere.........

Last edited:
So there's no chance Gregg has grown as a coach since he's been here right? I mean, he does have a Superbowl ring that his defense was a part of.

THE DUDE WON IN CLEVELAND.

Freaking Cleveland. That's a feat in and of itself.

He's not coming here because that would require Dan to admit he was wrong. It would also require Jay to agree to have a coach on his team that is better than him. That ain't happening either.

So here we are...a thousand miles from nowhere.........

why was Dan wrong? Why wasn't he hired full time in Cleveland? I think Freddie kitchens had more to do with the record than Williams.

Gibbs didn't even endorse him that should say something

Because most owners and NFL executives do not like guys who speak their mind and tell the truth.

Mike Zimmer was blackballed for years before being eventually hired by Minny because the word was he rubbed folks the wrong way by telling it how it is.

Williams is the same way. Redskins fans may snicker and mock but he was the last defensive coordinator here that could actually get players to execute a good scheme here.

Who knows what Joe's motives were for not recommending Gregg? He couldn't get out of Ashburn fast enough.

why was Dan wrong? Why wasn't he hired full time in Cleveland? I think Freddie kitchens had more to do with the record than Williams.

Gibbs didn't even endorse him that should say something

I don't know where that comes from, but even the Compost says the opposite.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/26/AR2008012602356.html

My guess? He was more honest and blunt with Vinny than anyone ever had been and Kindergarten Ninja didn't like it.

People repeat stuff often enough it becomes fact. GW was a lot different guy from Gibbs in almost every way but I don't buy into the notion that Gibbs sabotaged his chances. Hiring an outsider who didn't even apply for the head coaching job was an absolute slap in the face and something Gibbs would never have been a proponent of imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.