• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Only hope for this team is if Dan walks in today like...

9F84416D-B6F8-4312-BD38-C2DCB1D22F6F.jpeg

Snyder seems to resent other NFL teams and their operations, acting as if he is a jilted senior who couldn't find a date to the prom and holds himself outside the group.

With that type of attitude it's not surprising he won't put in place a traditional power structure and chose an established FO executive.

It will mean having to admit wahat he has done up until now has been nothing but a failed experiment.

I'm curious how you come to this conclusion. It may be correct, I have no idea. But where does Snyder put himself in the public space to gender these observations. I never see much of anything from his mouth directly. Maybe because I'm not local?

I'm just saying that pronouncing ‘He doesn't care!' Sounds a lot like what kids say when out in timeout ... ‘You don't love me!'

He may not have a clue how to fix it, he may be a total prick of a ruthless businessman. But I don't believe that ‘he doesn't care'. I've seen his face while watching bad performances too many times to believe it.

I find it very interesting that he brought Gibbs in. The most cynical look at that as some bone to throw what few fans were watching. But I actually think he's looking for help/advice from one of the few men he trusts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boone: can't agree. It's an incredible dis-service to Joe Gibbs. Gibbs has reached a stage in life where he should be relaxing and enjoying time with family. Not un-effing a mess Dan Snyder cannot fix. Just another signal on how inept, selfish and out of touch the boy who would be king truly is.

Yes - remember. I am only referring to him ‘not caring' about having a successful team on the field. I think he wants that a lot more than fans want to believe. There's a difference between being inept, failing, and what one ‘wants'.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I'm guessing that whatever he did as a brand new owner may not define his entire being for the rest of his life.

My question for you guys would be - if Snyder is the sub-human he's made out to be, why does Saint Joe continue to maintain contact, reportedly even a friendship with him?

That either makes Gibbs stupid, naive, or a hypocrite. Or maybe there's more to it all than we want to consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. It means Joe Gibbs remains loyal to the franchise. Cmon now Boone - that's obvious.

DS must go. He's inept and a failure. Guarantee you he fires similar. Time for the fans to fire Dan Snyder; take him to court for gross incompetence! burn his effigy prior to every game; sneak in banners that belittle him; protest in front of his home every day; sell his likeness in demeaning cartoons on every block in DC.

Just get rid of him. We should care about his feelings as much as he cares about all his firings.

Fan, he isn't going anywhere.

Conservative estimates have him making over $200 million this last season. Why would he think anything is wrong?

If you're making $200 million in a year...….there's absolutely nothing wrong with your business.

There are two choices:

1) Stop going to games and just absolutely destroy him in the press. Hope that he moves the team out of town. Then get a replacement team within another year. Probably a team the Chargers.

2) Seriously hope...or spend money and hire.....either prostitutes to seduce him, or an undercover accomplice who will record him saying amazingly racist remarks that could possibly lead to a forced sale like what happened in the NBA.

That's really it. There's no chance in hell of him voluntarily selling anything.

Fan, he isn't going anywhere.

Conservative estimates have him making over $200 million this last season. Why would he think anything is wrong?

If you're making $200 million in a year...….there's absolutely nothing wrong with your business.

There are two choices:

1) Stop going to games and just absolutely destroy him in the press. Hope that he moves the team out of town. Then get a replacement team within another year. Probably a team the Chargers.

2) Seriously hope...or spend money and hire.....either prostitutes to seduce him, or an undercover accomplice who will record him saying amazingly racist remarks that could possibly lead to a forced sale like what happened in the NBA.

That's really it. There's no chance in hell of him voluntarily selling anything.

A multi-pronged approach can work.

DS does not strike me as the most courageous guy on the block.

What does he claim to love the most? The Redskins. What has he proved singularly adept at destroying? The Redskins.

DS is one person. Everyone has a breaking point. Whether it is worth our time and effort to single-mindedly move him to abandon his lifelong dream of ruining this franchise is another matter. While I'd like to see him gone, there are much bigger fish to fry these days.

I, for one, can get by without the Redskins. I'll rue the day, but there are plenty other interesting things to do with my time. The DSs of the world will always be what they are - known commodities with no special call on loyalty, respect or love. Guarantee you he cares about his reputation in the community.

I'm looking at this from across the pond, and although Snyder may be a ruthless businessman, he is responsible for people and their feelings. The players have feelings, the fans have feelings and the front office staff have feelings, none of which Dan Snyder seems to consider when making his decisions.

Notice how when the team wins, he wins but when the team loses, it's everyone except him that's at fault?

No offense McD, but I hope you're wrong. That would be a fate worse than death IMO.

I, for one, can get by without the Redskins.

Not sure I can, but it's becoming ever more painfully apparent that I may have to try...

Dude, I'm another who can get by without the Redskins. With time difference and all, an early kick-off meant, for me, an early Monday morning start. I used to either get up and follow the game, or stay up and follow the game. Either way it would make a mess of the rest of the day. Now, I just sleep right through and check the scores when I am ready. I expect a loss so the result is of no surprise (except when we win!), and I have my Monday back.

Not at all. It means Joe Gibbs remains loyal to the franchise. Cmon now Boone - that's obvious.

DS must go. He's inept and a failure. Guarantee you he fires similar. Time for the fans to fire Dan Snyder; take him to court for gross incompetence! burn his effigy prior to every game; sneak in banners that belittle him; protest in front of his home every day; sell his likeness in demeaning cartoons on every block in DC.

Just get rid of him. We should care about his feelings as much as he cares about all his firings.

Snowflake much?

Snyder just needs to get lucky choosing a head coach.

His first choice was his best. Never should have fired Schotty.

All the rest, including our current loser, have been the wrong choice.

Snyder's not going anywhere. It's shocking to see some of the...…...drivel, concerning him.

Suck it up, or move along.

Business sucks. People get fired. When the business I worked at was getting sold, the new owner to be came in and assured us we'd all be retained.. How naïve can you be. That's more about keeping the employees working for the existing owner then anything else. People get fired. New owners first activity was to replace the existing staff with his own. There's no way to sugar coat it or make those outgoing happy about it. It just is what it is.

We can all agree that the buck stops at the top. The failings of this team are Snyder's failings. But I think it is abundantly obvious he's a fan as much as any and hates to lose. Even if you don't think he's a fan, losing negatively affects the money the team makes. People with his kind of money don't think "hey, i made 200 million even though we sucked. Even though I'd have made more if we won, I don't care cause I still made 200 million". No way, no how. Not how the rich think.

What Snyder is, is an inept football team owner. He's not some sinister malcontent, or the devil, without any care about the state of the team. We're so quick to say such heinous things about people when things don't go the way we want. I'm certainly guilty of it. But it doesn't really accomplish anything.

This team will succeed if Snyder ever lucks into a competent GM. That's it. He's never selling the team. Nothing the fans do or say is going to change that. Sucks to be invested so much into something you really have zero control over.

This team will succeed if Snyder ever lucks into a competent GM. That's it. He's never selling the team. Nothing the fans do or say is going to change that. Sucks to be invested so much into something you really have zero control over.

Which he will never do. As for saying bad things about him, if they're accurate...they're warranted. My sister delivered packages to his doorstep just about every day for almost 8 years, she knows from first hand experience the temperature of that house...she was never comfortable, never felt like Dan Snyder was a good guy.

The only entity that is going to 'remove' Dan Snyder is the NFL and that is never going to occur, barring him being convicted as a pedophile or being caught on tape beating his wife or chairing a KKK meeting. So just stop.

Gibbs is smart and Gibbs wouldn't associate with someone who has zero redeeming qualities. That's my belief.

I'm not defending Snyder and I'm not a fan. I'm simply responding to the statement that 'he doesn't care' and 'hasn't tried'. I don't believe either of those statements hold any water.

PS - apologize for the edited out insult. I wish Snyder would just sell it all and go away in shame too. But it's not happening. But I believe in human redemption - and Snyder, contrary to public opinion, is human. It's not impossible that he figures it out and that we bring in a real football GM and find success.

Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Which he will never do. As for saying bad things about him, if they're accurate...they're warranted. My sister delivered packages to his doorstep just about every day for almost 8 years, she knows from first hand experience the temperature of that house...she was never comfortable, never felt like Dan Snyder was a good guy.

She 'was never comfortable'??? What in the hell does that mean? Was the living room kept at 65 degrees at all times? Did Dan storm in routinely yelling 'who is this stranger in our home!'? Was his wife rude and failed to lavish attention on the delivery person?

I really want to know...

Snyder only seems comfortable surrrounded by people who nod their head in agreement on cue when he is speaking.

Bruce Allen should be gone not because he is caustic with the media but because all of the immediate failures since 2010 can be laid at his front door.

He made the trade for McNabb and the one for Griffin.

He hired both MCCloughan and Jay Gruden based on prior relationships to older brother Jon Gruden.

Bruce also vetoed trading Cousins in 2016 at the draft to Cleveland or SF.

He was also the one who came out and all but guaranteed that Cousins contract would be negotiated and he would be a Redskin moving forward.

Then of course he was the one that refused to use draft resources in 2016 or 2017 to select a young qb to develop to hedge the team's bets with Cousins.

And THAT caused the team to end up giving Alex Smith $70M in guarantees when we were negotiating against ourselves.

She 'was never comfortable'??? What in the hell does that mean? Was the living room kept at 65 degrees at all times? Did Dan storm in routinely yelling 'who is this stranger in our home!'? Was his wife rude and failed to lavish attention on the delivery person?

I really want to know...

It means that whenever she went to that house, there was a negative vibe. She was not sure if she'd be yelled at, treated with disdain and disrespect for being a mere peasant, or complete indifference directed her way. She learned to say **** it, because she's a tough broad, but they were rarely, if ever, nice to her.

You can call her a mere delivery person, but many on her route loved her. She even became a house sitter for a handful of them because she became a part of their family. This was not the norm, but many knew her name, and treated her with respect, some inviting her into their home.

With Snyder, it was the exact opposite at his house. He never said hello to her in 8 years...remember John, she was at his house 3-5 times a week for 7 or 8 years. I don't know about you, but I have a good relationship with my mailman, and the regular FedEx and UPS delivery guys to my house.

Snowflake much?

Not at all my man.

Some folks accept fate. Others make things happen - if we have to get down to brass tacks here.

I don't hate Snyder. I see him for what he is - an inept owner who has taken the fans to the cleaners for nearly two decades now. That he "cares" when the team loses or he is a fanboy is irrelevant. Results matter where I work. Accountability is still a valued metric - in some quarters.

Some folks chose to fight. Some roll over and lift their haunches.

There's a lot of power in numbers. Coupled to a good strategy..anything can happen.

But, I guess most are comfortable with a play-off presence or two every 10 years. Many seem not to care that a proud franchise, one associated with excellence, is now a laughing stock of the NFL.

He markets a product that serves us - not the other way around. He also lives off the capitalized wealth that previous owners produced and the NFL skillfully marketed for decades. What, in the end, has he accomplished since assuming ownership? He markets the past but can't create a present or a future. There's no there there...to be blunt. The statute of limitations has run out on OJT.

What does the man stand for? What has he imprinted on this franchise? What is it about who he is that makes anyone think success is around the corner? After all these years, I don't see it. By all means educate me if I have missed critical signals, neglected key virtues or misconstrued events as something other than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone just hear Scott Van Pelt on ESPN? His take on today's Washington team. Saying that if DS doesn't see yet that the fan base is giving up then he should look at our last game - Philly fans filled the stadium. I won't move on to another team, I'll just stop watching the No Fun League altogether. BUT The Browns look very promising...

Well, it can be inferred the ownership/FO believe this year was an aberration, a snake bitten sequence of misfortune from start to end; that the core is there - the stepping stone to future success. The fans just need to eke out another year of patient, forgiving expectation. Personal decision for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.