• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That would require some semblance of reality. This guy is detached from reality.

On a another topic, Grant Paulsen is suggesting we not fire Gruden because of the number of teams that will be hiring new coaches. Umm...as it stands, there is the same number of coaching positions available as the average of 7 each year. By his logic, Gruden should never get fired.

It is amazing that he is viewed as a great businessman. The reason I would do the public apology, would not only be out of guilt to the fan base, but it would help business. I think he stinks as a businessman.

Sorry - but I think the idea that Snyder ‘doesn't care' is pretty presumptuous. It sucks being a Skins fan and has for awhile. He may be a terrible owner. But none of us knows him or what he ‘feels'. You want to believe he is some cartoon character, Dr. Evil, whatever, but the truth is he's human and so I doubt it's quite as simple as pissed off fans make it out to be. And I'm no Dan Snyder fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember that letter I posted years ago that was addressed to Skins employees when he bought the team? That right there is a pretty good indication that he doesn't give a sheeee ite about people. I honestly believe he has come to a point where just making money is good enough for him.

I find it very interesting that he brought Gibbs in. The most cynical look at that as some bone to throw what few fans were watching. But I actually think he's looking for help/advice from one of the few men he trusts.

He didn't even let Gibbs have the control that he said he would when he came back the second time. You can't tell me Gibbs, a man that built his Super Bowl champs around the O-Line, didn't want to draft not one high tier lineman the whole four years he was here for 2.0.

Remember that letter I posted years ago that was addressed to Skins employees when he bought the team? That right there is a pretty good indication that he doesn't give a sheeee ite about people. I honestly believe he has come to a point where just making money is good enough for him.

Yes - remember. I am only referring to him ‘not caring' about having a successful team on the field. I think he wants that a lot more than fans want to believe. There's a difference between being inept, failing, and what one ‘wants'.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I'm guessing that whatever he did as a brand new owner may not define his entire being for the rest of his life.

My question for you guys would be - if Snyder is the sub-human he's made out to be, why does Saint Joe continue to maintain contact, reportedly even a friendship with him?

That either makes Gibbs stupid, naive, or a hypocrite. Or maybe there's more to it all than we want to consider?

He didn't even let Gibbs have the control that he said he would when he came back the second time. You can't tell me Gibbs, a man that built his Super Bowl champs around the O-Line, didn't want to draft not one high tier lineman the whole four years he was here for 2.0.

That's just total speculation ... and it wasn't Gibbs who was responsible for finding great talent even during the Super Bowl years, was it?

That would require some semblance of reality. This guy is detached from reality.

On a another topic, Grant Paulsen is suggesting we not fire Gruden because of the number of teams that will be hiring new coaches. Umm...as it stands, there is the same number of coaching positions available as the average of 7 each year. By his logic, Gruden should never get fired.

I would fire Grant Paulsen immediately.

My question for you guys would be - if Snyder is the sub-human he's made out to be, why does Saint Joe continue to maintain contact, reportedly even a friendship with him?

One thing I'll say about Gibbs, he's a far better man than I am. Whatever is going on between them, no one here knows. It also obviously has no bearing on the team because Snyder learned a grand total of zero from the four years Gibbs was in that office every single day or their “friendship” of the ten years since.

I am not upset Gruden has not been fired. Yet.

If you are doing things the right way you announce the hiring of a new GM first and let him decide Gruden's fate.

What if we find out Gruden wanted to move out of the 3-4 and wanted to hire another DC but was overruled by Allen?

What if Allen was the one that ordered Gruden to play Doctson even when it was apparent Josh is not a starter in this league at the present time?

There is enough there with Gruden that we DO know about to give one pause about bringing him back - clock management, intensity of practices and camp, suiting scheme to talent a la Peterson in the shotgun, etc.

Does anyone understand why Bruce appears to be the only person on earth who can negotiate a new stadium deal?

I see a lot of people claiming that this is the main reason why he is employed. But can't a lot of people do the same thing? I don't get it.

When I look at the state of the team, after the season is now done and the passionate frustration of week to week ups and downs has lulled, the entire debacle lies on Allen's shoulders. Assuming he truly has control, and there's nothing I've seen or heard to show otherwise. Gruden is by no means perfect, but he's been stuck with a situation for which no coach would succeed. Could he have done better? Possibly, but when you have a shit ton of players who are either hurt, or simply can't execute, failure is assured. Yesterday's game was a perfect example. Tons of plays simply missed due to player ineptitude. The running game is another example. We've blasted Gruden for the poor running game, but get a back with talent and all the sudden you have a functional running game. I was calling for Grudens head during the season, but really that was just frustration borne of expecting a coach to make something out of the shit pile he's dealing with. With a competent GM, Gruden would field a competitive team. I'm not sure he could take one over the hump, but realistically he hasn't had one that any coach could. So it's as much an unknown as it would be with any first time head coach.

Snyder has saddled himself with a GM who can't GM, but to fire him means a total rebuild. I think that just like us, he'd like to see stability at the team level. It's clear you can't have constant coaching upheaval and ever be successful. It's a total fubar.

As far as Snyder goes, I think he's largely a poor football business man. He has a terrible feel on the fanbase. He makes hires that have to be mostly because of how he thinks it will appease the fan base. He keeps trying to dip into the well of the past because he simply doesn't have the skills to look forward and be inventive.

Yes - remember. I am only referring to him ‘not caring' about having a successful team on the field. I think he wants that a lot more than fans want to believe. There's a difference between being inept, failing, and what one ‘wants'.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I'm guessing that whatever he did as a brand new owner may not define his entire being for the rest of his life.

That either makes Gibbs stupid, naive, or a hypocrite. Or maybe there's more to it all than we want to consider?

Gibbs is naive.

Does anyone understand why Bruce appears to be the only person on earth who can negotiate a new stadium deal?

He's not...the spot they're likely going to go with, which is in the process of being permitted, sells itself to the region. Yes, his political connections might help, but they are in VA mores than Maryland. The only thing VA will be involved with is infrastructure at that location. Bruce has local connections, but mostly NoVa connections. he has less influence in Maryland.

There are politicians all over the place up there with connections in either state. I know about his brother, but I've never accepted this as a valid excuse.

There isn't a region in the country with more political players...….it's insane that there's some unwritten rule that only Bruce can negotiate a new stadium deal successfully.

I just asked Rick Snider the same question. His response, fwiw:

First, the owner is an introvert who can't do it himself. Second, he doesn't have a big inner circle so he sticks with Bruce. Third, Bruce has the patience to deal with politicians. Fourth, sure there are others but Snyder doesn't know them.

Snyder has had 20 years to figure it out.

He has tried to do a lot of things going the unconventional route from targeting over 30 free agents to then signing restricted free agents and giving up picks to finally trading the team's immediate future for the Griffin pick.

How about looking at how the Steelers, Patriots and others that have been consistently successful go about it?

Snyder seems to resent other NFL teams and their operations, acting as if he is a jilted senior who couldn't find a date to the prom and holds himself outside the group.

With that type of attitude it's not surprising he won't put in place a traditional power structure and chose an established FO executive.

It will mean having to admit wahat he has done up until now has been nothing but a failed experiment.

It's already been reported that Snyder was surprised at fan reaction from every level when Brian Lafemina was canned last week. That's not someone in-touch with... well... anything to do with the team. It's hard to defend that he does care, considering how he has run this team. It does make me appreciate Gibbs 2.0 all the more, going to the playoffs twice in four years (one of those weeks after a teammate was murdered), considering he had to work with that cesspool of ownership and management.

Truth. Shows he good he was, doesn't it?

I hate Tom Cruise for introducing Dan Snyder to David Miscavage!

I see a lot of people claiming that this is the main reason why he is employed. But can't a lot of people do the same thing? I don't get it.

Look at it this way, has anyone ever seen Bruce in the same place simultaneously with the Antichrist? Starting to make sense now

Gruden is holding a press conference at 3 pm.

For his sake, I hope he's resigning for a better opportunity.

But I doubt that's the case.

As festering an pus-oozing as this FO, ownership and management are, Gruden will never get a HC opportunity in this league again. He has had more than long enough to show he's absolutely incapable of growth and/or flexibility.

As festering an pus-oozing as this FO, ownership and management are, Gruden will never get a HC opportunity in this league again. He has had more than long enough to show he's absolutely incapable of growth and/or flexibility.

He'd have one in five seconds at some garbage dump like the Jets or Cardinals. They may be as bad as we are though. You could probably add Cincy to that list as well.

It's interesting that they're bringing him out for the PC instead of Bruce.

Ever since that last Bruce press conference, he seems to be avoiding any questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 10, Members: 1, Guests: 9)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.