• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's tough on any defense when the other team has the ball for 40 minutes and your offense is 3-11 for 31 yards through the air through 3 quarters.

At one point the Redskins had 2 first downs to the Eagles' 21.

And one of those first downs was via penalty.

Agree on the whole. That said, early on the same ole problems manifested themselves - especially the inability of our LBs to pass cover and the DC's inability to anticipate the next playcall with the correct defense.

The injury excuse may hold on offense - but not defense. In my book, the defense has been ok. Better than the last few absymal years, but certainly not dominant. So, yea, it would make a big difference to have an offense that can achieve somehthing grander than negative yardage, but I never found this defense to be top tier. It has two quality linemen from AL and, I will concede, Ioannidus was a significant loss. But the rest of the defense? meh.

The only way we're going to attract talented FA's and coaches is if Dan hires a competent GM that's respected in the league. That's "if" said GM is willing to work for DS.

Whoever that mystery GM is i suspect there'll be a contract clause that bars DS from, well everything while he works in maroon n black.

The only way we're going to attract talented FA's and coaches is if Dan hires a competent GM that's respected in the league. That's "if" said GM is willing to work for DS.

Whoever that mystery GM is i suspect there'll be a contract clause that bars DS from, well everything while he works in maroon n black.

lmao! Just had a thought - wouldn't it be a riot if Parcells or someone of his stature agreed to take the GM role if guaranteed unimpeded control?

Won't happen. Imagine you are the owner. You may even realize you don't have a clue - but would you relinquish control? It's your baby, your money afterall. It's easier to market former Redskins who are willing to be used or need some bucks!

I see this as a one step back to promote two steps forward situation. DS has to incur some real economic pain before change will arrive. Kinda happened once before - which itself is an adumbration that my idea/advice has no lasting power!

What this organization needs to learn more than anything else is there is no such thing as the quick fix 😾

We have in turn traded for a has been Donovan McNabb, dealt a generation of picks for Griffin and then turned around and dealt player and pick for a 34 year old Smith and guaranteed him way too much money on a sign and trade contract.

We need to learn from these mistakes and look to the successful teams like Pittsburgh, New England, Green Bay, Seattle and now Kansas City in just keeping their picks and making the best selections they found in players named Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson and Patrick Mahomes.

None of these players were top 5 picks and the teams that drafted them didn't have to make herky jerky panic moves to acquire them.

Do the research, believe in your people and make the picks.

Snyder has to learn the best moves will be the ones he doesn't author.

Let the football people do their jobs.

Bruce Allen has a football name but is not a football guy, he is a finance guy.

Time for that to be recognized.

24 - 0

At home.

To a division rival with nearly the same record.

Let that sink in.

24 - 0

Yeah...

I posted a reply to 'the team is committed to doing everything right!', and with that I replied 'until game time then the team does as it pleases.' Looks like I was correct in my reply! 24-0 against the Eagles in the last game of the year, and at home. I wonder how many left early and won't be back?

The headline you need to look for is 'Snyder sells Redskins, Gruden and Allen fired.'.

BTW, welcome to 2019.

Dan Snyder is one year older than me. That probably means that as long as he is making money from his FedEx deals and whatever other schemes he has going on, we're probably looking at at least 20 more years of his ownership. That's how long we're gonna suck, because for the last 20 years he has been the one constant in all of this. And it's apparent that he no longer cares about winning, that he no longer feels shame or embarrassment, because if the sea of green in FedEx Field last night didn't do anything to motivate him to look around and make changes, nothing will. If inviting Joe Gibbs up to watch that embarrassment didn't motivate him to make changes, real football changes, then nothing will. As long as his ass is making money, it appears nothing else matters to him.

That was gunna be my next question. How did Fedex Field look with all the green?

I'm guessing more lush than the field itself.

Snyder can't look at that yesterday and still be in-denial about the state of the fanbase.

Sorry - but I think the idea that Snyder ‘doesn't care' is pretty presumptuous. It sucks being a Skins fan and has for awhile. He may be a terrible owner. But none of us knows him or what he ‘feels'. You want to believe he is some cartoon character, Dr. Evil, whatever, but the truth is he's human and so I doubt it's quite as simple as pissed off fans make it out to be. And I'm no Dan Snyder fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - but I think the idea that Snyder ‘doesn't care' is pretty presumptuous. It sucks being a Skins fan and has for awhile. He may be a terrible owner. But none of us knows him or what he ‘feels'. You want to believe he is some cartoon character, Dr. Evil, whatever, but the truth is he's human and so I doubt it's quite as simple as pissed off fans make it out to be. And I'm no Dan Snyder fan.

It's already been reported that Snyder was surprised at fan reaction from every level when Brian Lafemina was canned last week. That's not someone in-touch with... well... anything to do with the team. It's hard to defend that he does care, considering how he has run this team. It does make me appreciate Gibbs 2.0 all the more, going to the playoffs twice in four years (one of those weeks after a teammate was murdered), considering he had to work with that cesspool of ownership and management.

My sister used to deliver packages to his house on a daily basis, from what she has told me...cartoon character Dr. Evil isn't a stretch.

I'm just saying that pronouncing ‘He doesn't care!' Sounds a lot like what kids say when out in timeout ... ‘You don't love me!'

He may not have a clue how to fix it, he may be a total prick of a ruthless businessman. But I don't believe that ‘he doesn't care'. I've seen his face while watching bad performances too many times to believe it.

I find it very interesting that he brought Gibbs in. The most cynical look at that as some bone to throw what few fans were watching. But I actually think he's looking for help/advice from one of the few men he trusts.

I find it very interesting that he brought Gibbs in. The most cynical look at that as some bone to throw what few fans were watching. But I actually think he's looking for help/advice from one of the few men he trusts.

He didn't learn ten years ago. Why would now be different. He last week fired the only people in the FO structure who were giving it to him straight and didn't even give them an entire year. The on-field product is why fans don't show and ratings are down. You can't fix attendance by lowering prices at Johnny Rockets, so Bruce won his little pissing contest. Huzzah! What new can Joe possibly tell Dan? Even then, what will he actually change? He has chased out almost anyone of value and honesty and even his Coach has shown zero signs of growth in his handful of years here.

The team is short on talent, has no QB prospects (yesterday showed why Josh Johnson has been out of the league) and again hovered around .500 just enough to get a so-so first-rounder, not a game-breaker. The only potential one they have on Offense is coming off a torn ACL.

If I was Dan Snyder, I would publicly apologize for what a terrible job I have done as the owner, and that although I do not plan on selling the team, I am promising to create a functional organization that produces a results and has clear accountability.

If I was Dan Snyder, I would publicly apologize for what a terrible job I have done as the owner, and that although I do not plan on selling the team, I am promising to create a functional organization that produces a results and has clear accountability.

That would require some semblance of reality. This guy is detached from reality.

On a another topic, Grant Paulsen is suggesting we not fire Gruden because of the number of teams that will be hiring new coaches. Umm...as it stands, there is the same number of coaching positions available as the average of 7 each year. By his logic, Gruden should never get fired.

That would require some semblance of reality. This guy is detached from reality.

On a another topic, Grant Paulsen is suggesting we not fire Gruden because of the number of teams that will be hiring new coaches. Umm...as it stands, there is the same number of coaching positions available as the average of 7 each year. By his logic, Gruden should never get fired.

Grant was just shell-shocked that His Precious turned out to be exactly who people thought he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.