• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We HAVE to replace the staff this offseason, both sides of the ball. At this point is there anyone that thinks Jay can get it done?

If Dan doesn't get a solid GM in place there's no hope for the future, hovering just above or below 8-8 will be the best we can hope for. The next GM has got to have the nards to tell Dan STFU on occasion too.

A new/disciplined staff can get this current roster to 10-6 imho. One that emphasizes accountability is what's needed.

Probably going to be Gibbs in some capacity because Snyder feels that's the best way to get fans to buy into the org.

I will never NOT cheer for Joe Gibbs. But the move would be flat and reek of desperation. His class alone wold be beneficial, so bringing him in can never be bad. But that doesn't mean it's good.

Same ol same ol if that's the plan.

Good to see you up here brother. (It's BRD on a re-roll lol) I don't believe JG wants anything more to do with the dumpster fire that we've become. Hell, that we've BEEN. At least I hope he doesn't. I'm with you, he will always have my undying respect and support, but I wouldn't want any of what's happening over there now to get on him. I mean, that kinda stuff doesn't ever wash off.

We HAVE to replace the staff this offseason, both sides of the ball. At this point is there anyone that thinks Jay can get it done?

If Dan doesn't get a solid GM in place there's no hope for the future, hovering just above or below 8-8 will be the best we can hope for. The next GM has got to have the nards to tell Dan STFU on occasion too.

A new/disciplined staff can get this current roster to 10-6 imho. One that emphasizes accountability is what's needed.

Didn't Dan just fire a bunch of people who dared to suggest the on-the-field product was the reason no one came to games? As long as he owns the team, it's screwed.

Question for the gang: who is our strength and conditioning coach, and how do you think he's doing? It seems like going on three seasons now we've just been decimated by injuries. I know that's a fact of life for all NFL teams, but it seems extreme in our case. In the absence of an actual curse lol, I have to wonder if the breakdown might be related to poor training in the offseason. Thoughts?

Question for the gang: who is our strength and conditioning coach, and how do you think he's doing? It seems like going on three seasons now we've just been decimated by injuries. I know that's a fact of life for all NFL teams, but it seems extreme in our case. In the absence of an actual curse lol, I have to wonder if the breakdown might be related to poor training in the offseason. Thoughts?

You'd think Dan would look at the IR listing for the last few years and at minimum consider it. Id also like to see an audit on the field crew personnel, injury treatment team, nutritionist and any other non coaching individual that directly affects the health of the team.

Just got home and turned on the tube. Then turned it off.

Day um.

Not unexpected, but daaaaay um

Now they have Sudfield taking a turn on the whore, aka redskins team.

Jesus. Can't see the game out here, thank goodness, but looking at the box score and stats I cannot believe how badly we are getting our asses kicked. By a division rival we can play spoiler to. I fear this might not be rock bottom, but it is probably the lowest point for this franchise that I can remember. Scary thing is, it's gonna get worse before it even has a chance to get better. I will never switch allegiance to another team, that's not how I'm wired...but I can now see a point at which I just turn off the spigot and cease to be a fan. That is something I never foresaw in my most disturbing nightmares.

Does Alabama have a coordinator who's ready to take over NFL responsibilities?

Well, that's it boys and girls. The end of a miserable season and no light at the end of the tunnel since Ding and Dong are apparently coming back next year.

Eat shit Dan Snyder, for ruining my team.

BTW, I think you'll be getting a late Christmas present here this week.

I send this from the heart

https://mydv.store/collections/prank-gifts

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we make it to 100 yards offense if Tress Way's Pass is subtracted?

The Redskins have to completely rebuild their skill position core on offense.

We need a younger passer.

We need a CAPABLE backup to Guice if he returns at 100% in 2019.

We need a true two way TE that can stay on the field in all situations as a blocker and receiver.

We need a lead #1 receiver. We probably need a #2 as well.

I can buy the argument Crowder can be productive returning to the slot role but I am not paying him big money in free agency.

Doctson needs to go. He is here now because he was a high draft pick not because he has really shown us consistent NFL production.

They have babied him and protected him but going into Year 4 it's time to smell the coffee.

At best Doctson is a guy you pin as the #3 or #4 receiver who you send deep on long yardage downs.

But he doesn't have the hands or instincts to be a focal point of an offense.

Who in the H would want to work for DS? Not meaning to be mean-spirited, but empirically, DS is a loser. It's obvious he cannot attract best of breed to come here on principle - only as short-term rentals at premium rates.

The best fans can do is boycott. Stay away from the games. Don't buy the merchandise. Don't support a new stadium - make an organization turned inside out the precondition for any taxpayer funded support. Make life painful for DS. Don't accept a pointless effort like bringing in Joe Gibbs in his fading years - when he should be home with his family and friends enjoying life, not teaching DS how to function as a successful adult.

The Redskins have to completely rebuild their skill position core on offense.

We need a younger passer.

We need a CAPABLE backup to Guice if he returns at 100% in 2019.

We need a true two way TE that can stay on the field in all situations as a blocker and receiver.

We need a lead #1 receiver. We probably need a #2 as well.

I can buy the argument Crowder can be productive returning to the slot role but I am not paying him big money in free agency.

Doctson needs to go. He is here now because he was a high draft pick not because he has really shown us consistent NFL production.

They have babied him and protected him but going into Year 4 it's time to smell the coffee.

At best Doctson is a guy you pin as the #3 or #4 receiver who you send deep on long yardage downs.

But he doesn't have the hands or instincts to be a focal point of an offense.

And find a capable coach/staff. Today's game highlighted another rather obvious state - opposing teams always seem to anticipate and defense our next offensive play-call. Similarly, opposing staffs seem adept at finding the weaknesses in our defense and methodically exploiting them. Game after game after game.

I really don't know what planet this FO/ownership and roster live on. Every year we are fed the same mush: there's talent here! We can be a good, play-off level team. And every year reality bears out the deeper truth.

Yep, it's going to be hard.

Shanahan was promised roster control and Snyder/Allen meddled by making the Griffin trade and giving up a generation of draft picks.

McCloughan was brought in by Allen as a savior then Allen turned around and savaged him on the way out.

Who in the H would want to work for DS? Not meaning to be mean-spirited, but empirically, DS is a loser. It's obvious he cannot attract best of breed to come here on principle - only as short-term rentals at premium rates.

The best fans can do is boycott. Stay away from the games. Don't buy the merchandise. Don't support a new stadium - make an organization turned inside out the precondition for any taxpayer funded support. Make life painful for DS. Don't accept a pointless effort like bringing in Joe Gibbs in his fading years - when he should be home with his family and friends enjoying life, not teaching DS how to function as a successful adult.

Yeah, even though DS makes his money off his FedEx deals and all, fans really need to stay away from the stadium next year. It's just too bad that the NFL doesn't have an owners clause that allows the NFL to take control of the team if you demonstrate a years long suck streak as an owner.

Maybe DS is trying to pull a "Major League" deal, where the team sucks so bad the NFL will allow him to move it.

Only thing I can figure

It's tough on any defense when the other team has the ball for 40 minutes and your offense is 3-11 for 31 yards through the air through 3 quarters.

At one point the Redskins had 2 first downs to the Eagles' 21.

And one of those first downs was via penalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.