• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

A-ha. The 'ol "they got lucky" defense.....come on brother, I thought only opposing fans used that defense :)

Truth hurts.

I'd like for you to show what adjustments were made in regards to slowing down the Chargers O.

Was it...not even once,sacking Rivers?

Or maybe it was letting Woodhead get 8 yards a catch?

Or was it letting Keenan Allen run uncovered for the last 5 minutes of the game?

The Chargers pulled a Norv and we got the fortunate result from it.

As currently coached and constructed, this defense couldn't stop UVA.

I think it was more impressive what we did to Rivers at the 1, than it was un-impressive, what happened earlier on the drive.
It's a classic example of a glass, that's half-full

Or a classic example of this:
chubb-set_2142209c.jpg

I actually think most of us admire his tenacity Mike. I mean, except Dead Money :)

This is a time when I wish I could be like Dorothy in Wizard of OZ. I could click my heels 3 times, repeat there is no place like home, and wake up to see this season has just been a bad dream.

Damn...day 2 after the game and still pissed.

Fear still has the fire burning where others(myself included) have but a flickering pilot light.

Can't really get all Rah Rah when the defense comes out this season missing tackles left and right like this is their introduction to football.

The Chargers win just proves that there are opponents out there that can reach Redskin-level ineptness and on those occasions, we have just as good a chance to pull out a win as anybody.

Some of you really get weird at times. Some of you really get wired at times.

Not sure that I really have a point here, but I've been wanting to use those two lines for four years and it seemed like the perfect time.

(@#&$(*@#&$(*@#&$(*@#&$(*@#&$(*#@&$(*!&@#(*!@&#(*!@&$(*!@&$(*!@$&#!@(*#&!@(*#&!@(*#&!@(*$&#@)(%&*@#)$%*&@!)(#$*&!@)($*&!@)($*&@!)$(*!@&$)(@!*&$)(!@*$&)(@!#&@)(!$*&#@*$^@#*%^$*&%^@*$&^%#@*&%^#*$&^)!(@*#&)!(@*&$)!%^&%(^!*(%&^@!)($*!@&_)(#*&@!)(%$&^!@)%(&^!@)($#*&)(!@#*&!@)(#&!@)(#*!^&%&*#@^%(@#

(*!#&@%()!*@&$)%(@*&#)(!@*&#)(!@&#)(!@*&$%)#^%*(&@$#^%(*@#&$)(*!&)$(!@(*#!_@$_)*&@!#%)(&!@)(*$&#@!()#&*_@!)*$&()*#&$%)@(*#&^%&*$^%&*@$!&*@#^%&*@!%#*&!^@%#&*!@^#%(*!@&^$()*!@&$)(*&!@)($*!@&$(!@)$*&)!@$

So if I get a copy of the compiler does it print out "Hello world!", solve systems of partial differential equations, translate Farsi, or what? :uhoh:

I mean, I love the optimism, but the Vikings were by far the easiest out left on the schedule.

I sure hope they prove me wrong, but stick a fork in these Redskins...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is a week to week league for most teams. We played Green Bay and they were a tough opponent as Aaron Rodgers shredded us. Now the Eagles are playing the Packers a few weeks later and with the injury to Rodgers the Packers look eminently beatable.

We don't know what the teams on our schedule are going to look like weeks from now.

We could very well beat Kansas City, the Bills almost did that last week before shooting themselves in the foot.

But your overall point that the Redskins have not inspired confidence because of their inconsistency is spot on.

You can't count on this team to do anything well from one game to the next.

Get out there and enjoy life today boys.... you've earned it.

When you want to argue about whether your way of earning it is better than my way of earning it... we'll still be here.

The Eagles are favored by 3 1/2 next weekend.

Man I wish I could sneak into practice & Mike would give me one series to play around with lineups.

Not too much different on Offense but I'd like to see a series where Compton takes the RT spot....moving Polumbus to RG...then put Leribus at C. I believe Tyler at G works much better than Chester...he run blocks well and would have way less shuffling to do.

On Defense I would slide Rak into the middle on passing downs. He has 1 move and a bull rush is exactly what's needed from the NT. Jackson takes Rak's spot over and try a series alternating Kerrigan & Reed at MLB beside Riley. Ryan's olb would now be Tapp or Cofield.

We all know the team is what it is until April so at least see what ya got. IMO none if these are drastic changes either.

Last edited:
After that type of loss to that caliber of team...I just can't bring myself to be positive about this team. Looking back at the draft, in which Shanahan drafted 17 more running backs instead of addressing the needs of this roster...I just can't bring myself to be positive about this team. Looking ahead at the rest of the division, with Philly finding its legs, Dallas with a couple games on us, and the Giants getting back their starting RB from injury and having won 3 in a row...I just can't bring myself to think we've got a chance at the division (outside of a mathematical one).

For the rest of the season, I will be hoping and praying for one thing, and one thing only - that Griffin stays healthy. Because...well, I don't even want to think that way. :|

you know what may be making this feel worse than we all think it should? a little subtle fact about our redskins that you may have forgotten about (i did, though I'm sure most haven't)

this is the 3rd year in a row we've started 3-6
:\

After that type of loss to that caliber of team...I just can't bring myself to be positive about this team. Looking back at the draft, in which Shanahan drafted 17 more running backs instead of addressing the needs of this roster...I just can't bring myself to be positive about this team. Looking ahead at the rest of the division, with Philly finding its legs, Dallas with a couple games on us, and the Giants getting back their starting RB from injury and having won 3 in a row...I just can't bring myself to think we've got a chance at the division (outside of a mathematical one).

For the rest of the season, I will be hoping and praying for one thing, and one thing only - that Griffin stays healthy. Because...well, I don't even want to think that way. :|

This.

All that matters is that RG3 stays healthy this season. And he'll get an entire offseason to actually practice and learn.

After you watch a team like the Saints, Broncos or Seattle, it's pretty obvious that we have a ton of work to do to think about a SB.

This.

All that matters is that RG3 stays healthy this season. And he'll get an entire offseason to actually practice and learn.

After you watch a team like the Saints, Broncos or Seattle, it's pretty obvious that we have a ton of work to do to think about a SB.

think about a SB?
i'd like to consistently make the playoffs first :\

There is that "magic" in there somewhere though, the same magic that lead us to going 7-1 down the stretch last year and taking the division. The difference between us and the Saints is, however, the Saints have a down week and their team is slightly worse and they might lose. We have a bad week, and we can't stop the 1-7 Vikings with Matt Cassel at the helm. Our inconsistency is mind-blowing.

If Kerrigan catches that pick and takes it back for 6, I think we win that game. Good teams don't have to focus on one player making a ridiculously difficult play between good and bad outcomes, because there are any number of them to choose from.

Yeah, lots of If's to this season.

Good teams also don't have to rely on magic to save their season. :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.