• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I might be watching on regular season Sundays, but one thing will be different. I will not fall for the hype of offseason aquisitions, training camp, preseason, etc. I won't even fall for the hype if we start out strong. Considering we started 5-2 this year.
I won't believe the hype til we put in 16 games that guarantees us a playoff spot.

At some point, it bears examining whether we as Redskin fans have some psychoses of our own! I know full well how badly this organization has been run since JKC departed the scene. And while I play more Sunday golf than previously, I'll still sneak some peaks - force of habit?

In my defense, psychologically speaking, when I see the signals, I'm outta there a lot faster now.

You callin me crazy ???

:)

LOL!

Saying we all need to have our heads examined! This team has basically never been top tier since 1991. We're going on 18 years now. Wow!!!!

Does spot in high relief just how unique Joe Gibbs, his coaches and Bobby Beathard truly were.

LOL!

Saying we all need to have our heads examined! This team has basically never been top tier since 1991. We're going on 18 years now. Wow!!!!

Does spot in high relief just how unique Joe Gibbs, his coaches and Bobby Beathard truly were.

Funny how people make fun of Norv Turner, but he is the only Redskin coach besides Gibbs, with a playoff win, in the last 27 years.

LOL!

Crazy and apparently unable to do math... 28 years LOL!!!

Oh well, I'm looking forward to watching my team for the last time this season, come Sunday.
Hoping for a victory. Knowing none of it is my doing, or in my control. All I can do is root for my team. Or stop watching football.
I'll not stop.

Got big enough nuts to handle whatever happens.

Got excited there for a sec ... then focused on "business office."

Makes sense. The one thing we HAVE done well the last 25 years is make money. Better fire the people responsible quick, so they'll stop making the "football ops" people look bad.

Brian Lafemina... ? Wasn't he one of the new folks who “got it?”

Basically, they got rid of the people who actually make decisions on what the Redskins do well... which is make money. The people who make the middling (at best) coaching and on-the-field decisions are all still gainfully employed.

Bruce must have the same dossier that Lava, TyPo, Perine and many others have had possession of one time or another to keep them safe from release.

Damn you Brian Lafemina for ruining another season. DAMN YOU!!!

What I want to know is who ultimately fired them. If this is Bruce's way of killing the heads of the Five Families in order to consolidate power, then there's truly no hope because that means Danny allows it.

Last edited:
Bruce Allen is Rasputin reincarnated.

We won't be rid of him until the House of Snyder falls.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lafemina wanted Bruce out. Lafemina & his crew now are gone less than eight months after being hired. This is the "Baptism of Fire" at the end of The Godfather. Bruce is Michael Corleone. He ain't going nowhere. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a></p>— Al Galdi (@AlGaldi) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlGaldi/status/1078028260087349248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ha! Al stole my Godfather reference!!!

It's closest thing I can think and Danny allows it. This franchise is ****ed until Snyder dies or sells the team.

Donovan McNabb.

The trade of a mountain of draft picks to get RGIII.

The hiring of personal connection Scot McCloughan as GM and then his ouster.

The hiring of Jay Gruden who is now on his fourth defensive coordinator once again based on a personal relationship with the Gruden clan.

The trade of picks in 2014 to allow Dallas to move up and take one of the best pass rushers in the league in DeMarcus Lawrence.

Yep, Bruce Allen has built his reputation.......one failure at a time 🙈

For the past couple of days I have been thinking about taking my son to his 1st NFL football game. I was going to go ahead and splurge, get 2 dream seat tickets near my friend who is a security guard in the EZ, and go with no expectations...and very few people in the stands.

This FO shakeup, killing off the heads of the 5 families and all, has me wondering if it's even worth it to take my son to what should be a good game to take him for his first.

We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.