• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Yeah, nuke the whole thing.

Every player that wouldn't too adversely affect the cap is available for trade bait in the offseason.

Scrap the 3-4 for all eternity.

Firing Allen is optional. He hired Gruden, so that alone is worthy of being fired.
However, you'll never convince me that an Andy Reid wouldn't have had us in, or seriously contending for the playoffs, in every one of the last 5 years.

Snyder is going nowhere. So forget that ignorance.

Right now, I'm hoping Cleveland doesn't keep Williams. We need a hard ass defensive coach. Most of our best young players are on defense. We need to play to our strength. As weak as it may seem right now. It would also allow Snyder to correct one of his past mistakes.

Lord knows he could use some positive mojo.

Ax, I'm all for bringing GW back into the mix if Cleveland doesn't retain him (unlikely), however, I don't think Gruden is gone at the end of the year, the craziness of injuries this year has probably saved him which is unfortunate because he just doesn't have it at the hc level.

Ax, I'm all for bringing GW back into the mix if Cleveland doesn't retain him (unlikely), however, I don't think Gruden is gone at the end of the year, the craziness of injuries this year has probably saved him which is unfortunate because he just doesn't have it at the hc level.

Oh, I fully agree he likely stays. But it's a mistake. Just postponing the inevitable. He's a terrible head coach.

Terrible.

Right now, I'm hoping Cleveland doesn't keep Williams. We need a hard ass defensive coach. Most of our best young players are on defense. We need to play to our strength. As weak as it may seem right now. It would also allow Snyder to correct one of his past mistakes.

I think GW would rather have gangrenous genitals than darken the doorways along Loudoun County Parkway again.

Oh I'm sure GW would have to swallow a large amount of pride to walk back into the fray here after what most expected would've been him taking over the reigns after Gibbs. I think the only reason he didn't get the job then was ego, ( we can discuss whether Snyder's ego then brought us Zorn) after bounty gate etc. I'd think his ego isn't quite as ballooned as it used to be.

I think if Snyder approached him in the right way, Williams would at least consider the offer.

I really thought Manusky as a former Gibbs Redskin was going to bring discipline and accountability to the defense.

This unit despite being healthy for most of the season, and adding two players mid year in Stacy McGhee and Clinton Dix, has been a distinct disappointment.

Offenses regularly are able to get their #1 option involved and productive against us and we seem unable to make any adjustments.

Manusky's comments about having to lighten things up at practice because most NFL players have shorter attention spans shows what kind of Marx Brothers act we have been running.

No standards or expectations.

Anyone think Bill Belichick laughs through practice when guys are dropping balls and failing to execute basic assignments?

Once again we have aimed low with this coaching staff.

Gruden like Norv is a coordinator but not a head coach.

Since Bruce Allen made these hires as GM and Team President he needs to go first.

As expected when he was hired Bruce did a credible job in sorting out the team's cap issues and problems with dead money, but in terms of coaches and personnel he is the same disaster he was in Tampa.

Most give him credit for the success Tampa had but don't realize Randy McKay was the GM that went out and got Sapp, Lynch, Barber, etc and won the SB.

Allen was hired 2 years later and oversaw the decay of that core of players while being unable to replace them and keep the team competitive.

I have been a fan for over 50 years. I've never seen it his bad. For the first time I have lost interest in football. I am still a Redskins fan, just no interest in watching. I've been through some lean years, but recently it has gotten worse.

Now I watch to see how we will lose. I watch to see what will cause the deer in headlights look for Gruden.

I am tired of watching a mediocre product each and every week. I feel for all of us Redskins fans. This is a shame.

Now I will use my favorite 2 words pertaining to the Redskins in recent years..."next year"

I really thought Manusky as a former Gibbs Redskin was going to bring discipline and accountability to the defense.

This unit despite being healthy for most of the season, and adding two players mid year in Stacy McGhee and Clinton Dix, has been a distinct disappointment.

Offenses regularly are able to get their #1 option involved and productive against us and we seem unable to make any adjustments.

Just a comment on the decline of the defense. Have to think offensive lack of production and inability to sustain drives has a little to do with it. During the first half of the season, we were playing effective ball control offense and winning the TOP battle. With all of the OL injuries, that hasn't been the case in 6 weeks. This defense may not be injury-plagued, but it's definitely tired and beat up. I'm not making excuses as that dynamic is in play all over the league. But I don't think you can separate the effectiveness of the offense and defense as they directly impact each other.

I hear you on the Manusky stuff but I also think you may be making more out of it than is there. It was a stupid comment to make, but it's not like there's not a basis for it. It did give an 'inmates are running the asylum' impression, and didn't need to be said. Despite the decline of the defense, I like our defensive staff.

Unfortunately, I think we're going to once again blow it all up and these guys will all be gone.

I have been a fan for over 50 years. I've never seen it his bad. For the first time I have lost interest in football. I am still a Redskins fan, just no interest in watching. I've been through some lean years, but recently it has gotten worse.

Now I watch to see how we will lose. I watch to see what will cause the deer in headlights look for Gruden.

I am tired of watching a mediocre product each and every week. I feel for all of us Redskins fans. This is a shame.

Now I will use my favorite 2 words pertaining to the Redskins in recent years..."next year"

I think we're all with you brother. I don't know about never seeing it this bad though. Remember the 'fan card' movement (think that was just prior to the end of the Zorn era?). It's been this bad. I think what you're reflecting though is that maybe fans have never been this fatigued with rooting for a failure of a franchise.

Fed Ex will be empty - and I mean empty - next year. It's going to be ugly.

JP Finlay talked about the cost of firing Gruden and Asst Coaches. So we save money keeping him, but lose money with loss of fans, poor merchandise sales, and a half empty stadium. Something has to give.

I agree the problem is who would want to work for Snyder with his track record? Only thing that makes us attractive is there are only 32 NFL Head Coach positions and we're one of them.

JP Finlay talked about the cost of firing Gruden and Asst Coaches. So we save money keeping him, but lose money with loss of fans, poor merchandise sales, and a half empty stadium. Something has to give.

I agree the problem is who would want to work for Snyder with his track record? Only thing that makes us attractive is there are only 32 NFL Head Coach positions and we're one of them.

Snyder paid Mike Shanahan to stay at home for a year. I don't know if he'd do that again but he's showing signs he's pretty restless right now. And yes - who would want to come here - that's always the problem.

Dan Snyder saves or loses money, no one else. The cost of the staff doesn't fall on the cap, so I really couldn't care less about his bottom line. He'll be losing more than anything else with a stadium that's only a third full next season... and half of those seats are taken by fans of opposing fanbases.

Gruden is a loser. In part because he so believes in his vaunted system, that he refuses to tailor things to the players he has. He'll be forced to now. But he doesn't have a clue as to how.

With an All-Madden roster, it's never going to be more than a 50/50 shot at winning with Gruden.
He only gets 25,000 miles on 50,000 mile tires.
His 6 packs only have 5 beers in them.
His yard stick only measures two and a half feet.
He can't squeeze blood out of blood.

In thinking who would want to coach here I thought of something interesting.

Would a HC prospect want to go to Green Bay and deal with the diva that is Aaron Rodgers or come here with Allen and Snyder?

Go to Green Bay and you may be Rodger's puppet. Come here and have the usual Redskins drama.

Dan Snyder saves or loses money, no one else. The cost of the staff doesn't fall on the cap, so I really couldn't care less about his bottom line. He'll be losing more than anything else with a stadium that's only a third full next season... and half of those seats are taken by fans of opposing fanbases.

That is my point. I don't care about his bottom line, but he does. I think he needs to do something to re-energize the fan base. Thing is he capable of doing this?

That is my point. I don't care about his bottom line, but he does. I think he needs to do something to re-energize the fan base. Thing is he capable of doing this?

Not... really...

Attachments

• 1F68A068-E0E0-4E4D-ADD5-55B5D2D3D8B6.jpg
    1F68A068-E0E0-4E4D-ADD5-55B5D2D3D8B6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.