• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

On the team's inactive list tonight, they couldn't even spell Perine's name correctly.

It does make you wonder if they're all drunks.

It's honestly amazing how Bruce remains employed anywhere--let alone at a professional sports team.

It's spelled correctly in the official release. Btw - it's Rick Snider :)

His first name is incorrectly spelled as Sajame, unless it's been updated.

Maybe it's a small detail to some, but it's pretty pathetic. With your job potentially on the line, and after the "Kurt" nonsense, it just seems like something that should be correct.

It's pathetic to see the team misspell Samaje's name.

@burgundyburner

His first name is incorrectly spelled as Sajame, unless it's been corrected.

Maybe it's a small detail to some, but it's pretty pathetic.

It's pathetic to see the team misspell Samaje's name.

@burgundyburner

Official list sent out to media was correct. Kind of a silly discussion - so I'll bow out.

So what you guys are saying is no Mike McCarthy. Am I reading that right?

Guess my expectations have been set pretty low.

There's a few lists going around for the next projected HC's. I kinda like the sound of either....JOHN DEFILIPPO, VIKINGS OC

Or

ERIC BIENIEMY, CHIEFS OC

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/21/n...elippo-mcdaniels-riley-saban-condoleezza-rice

Suppose the biggest question is do we promote Schaeffer (sp) or someone within or start from scratch with a new GM.
Jay can call ineffective plays with John for all I care, and take Bruce with him

C'mon dudes. into the game chat. I'm all alone down here. I need someone to commiserate with during the game. :)

A-yup. Looked eerily similar, but one spot instead of two.

If Swearinger thought home-field fan support was bad before, he ain't seen nothin' yet.

Another season in the books gang!

We're on a 26+ year roll....a roll from hell.

Suck it Bruce

Worst coaching staff in the league.

The Bingo caller was as good as Norval 2.0.

5 minutes after the regular season ends, BLOW IT UP!!!

Gruden is a loser. He has no ****ing clue what he's doing.

I am not upset...we are who we are. I think the thought of going with 2 QB's last year, letting the Eagles steal Sudfeld was one of the biggest mistakes we've made in the past 2 years, not great but good enough to look better than McCoy and Sanchez...just another in a long line under the current leadership structure. I knew tonight would be the ultimate decider for the rest of the season. We had a full 11 days to get ready for this game, and if it weren't for a 96 yard TD run by the old man, tonight could have been even uglier.

I don't care what anyone says about injuries, the way this team came out against the Fecals tonight was poor. We just did not look ready. Why? I over estimated the talent could be better than the coaching allows them. We're not a poor team, we're just not a good team because of poor coaching.

McD5...sorry buddy, but your boy is not going to win a Super Bowl...he's not the 2nd coming of Joe Gibbs as you described him. 5 years later he is just about as average a head coach as I've ever seen. No imagination, looks like the game has passed him by.

If Gruden is not fired at the end of this season, I'm going to probably stop watching football again.

I'm with you on Gruden El, this fool is not going to get better in any fashion. We've seen his coaching peak and it's time to move dafuq on.

Already hunting for his replacement

This quote from Gruden kinda pisses me off a little...

This is something that you can never really prepare for...
- Jay Gruden on losing yet another QB to a broken leg.

Bullshit!

Letting Nate Sudfeld get plucked off the practice squad is preparation against this...not going into a season with just 2 QB's and not even someone on the PS.

He's blaming...not accepting responsibility.

I dunno, I can see the logic.

While carrying 3 QB's is the norm really in the NFL, I think Gruden's thinking (and that of the FO) had been skewed by two things...

a) We hadn't even used McCoy for years. Cousins had been bulletproof. What were the chances we'd ever get to a third string QB?

b) With the amount of injuries we'd had last year all over other areas of the roster, that spot would be more useful providing depth elsewhere.

c) You can't predict TWO broken legs on random fluke plays.

Not agreeing, just saying that I see the logic.

The flaw here is that....

a) Alex Smith isn't Kirk Cousins. Smith did a full 16 games last year, but before that... 2011, and before that 2006.

b) Not at least keeping a QB on the practice squad! That was the biggie in my eyes.

I guess though maybe at that point you're logic is... is a guy off the practice squad going to fair any better than an experienced QB we pluck off the street? *shrugs*

Who knows.

But unless Sanchez does something extraordinary we're done for the year. :(
I thought with Colt we had a chance, and he looked like he was settling in. I think he was 4 of 4 for 50 yards prior to the injury. It's a shame we'll never get to see if he could have brought us home. His injury just deflated the whole team.

And as this is the RANDOM REDSKINS THOUGHTS thread... here's something random.

Back in 2010, my brother travelled to New York on Holiday. I asked him if while he was there he could get me a Football shirt as the import duties on stuff from the NFL shop was crazy high. He did indeed bring me a shirt back, but thought it would be funny to troll me by bringing back a Jets shirt.

So I have in my wardrobe a 2010 Jets Sanchez shirt... Which was the year he led the Jets to the AFC Championship game against the Steelers.

So... my question is... is this a good omen?

Worst coaching staff in the league.

The Bingo caller was as good as Norval 2.0.

5 minutes after the regular season ends, BLOW IT UP!!!

Gruden is a loser. He has no ****ing clue what he's doing.

Manusky has to go ASAFP. Whether it's the scheme or lack of ability to adjust, he has to go. I don't care about this “Well... we don't really spend much time in a base 3-4,” the 3-4 has to go. Period. Napalm it. Team doesn't have the ILB's to get it done and the coaches can't seem to scheme properly, anyway, regardless who's back there, from day one of trying it. I'm sick of watching teams run all over this D and random TE's having career days, but last night Philly could have gotten 200 yards in just screen plays. The scheme sucks.

Norval has to go at season's end. You already know what you're getting from him and it's not gonna' be any better than this. No leadership, no preparation, no adjustments and you can script every single thing that happens with this team. If I can do it from my couch even before the game starts, the opposition has already won.

This quote from Gruden kinda pisses me off a little...

- Jay Gruden on losing yet another QB to a broken leg.

Bullshit!

Letting Nate Sudfeld get plucked off the practice squad is preparation against this...not going into a season with just 2 QB's and not even someone on the PS.

He's blaming...not accepting responsibility.

His answer to everything is “I don't know”. You are the freaking head coach. It's your job to have a plan. And that is his biggest problem, he never has another plan. Just like when Smith got hurt. After the Dallas game he said “McCoy didn't have much reps with the 1s”. He's been the QB for what, 5 years here. How could you never once have prepared him in that time. I get that backups don't get a lot of reps with the 1st team, but again, it's been 5 years. Preparation should not be the excuse. Now he once again is saying I don't know. Way to show leadership and show your team you have a plan. That's what good coaches do. Heck, that's what averages coaches do. Even some bad coaches like Rex Ryan can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.