• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Mike MCarthy has his Super Bowl plus most fans would complain about his game management

Anyone reading this could likely coach Aaron Rodgers to 4 wins. Literally.

You could also probably coach Lebron James to the playoffs.

Mike McCarthy? Oh hell no.

You finally wore me down brother. I've got nothing left but I do hope you are right.

Keep that chin up. :D

The way I look at it...

We were right in that Houston game till Smith broke his leg. And even after that we made a game of it.

In Dallas we were competitive despite the very short turnaround which meant that Colt had no time to practise with the starters.

We also had our Bye week VERY early and I feel like our team was both beaten up and wearing down.

This week has practically been like another Bye week. We're rested, we've practised.

I'm expecting big things tonight. :D

I'm hoping with a bit of rest our Run D especially will be on it! I'm hoping that Colt will throw less interceptions this week due to him having a proper practice to shake that rust off.
Peterson is rested and the inclination is that both Thompson and Crowder might be back tonight.

Season gets back on track tonight! :D

#OptimismHQ

I'm with you Knight. If we're gonna finish what we started, now's the time to start.

Gruden's Plan A has to work. Because we know here is no Plan B.
Come on Jay, plan a good A!!!!

Gruden is at the same place McCarthy is.

He has presided over seasons of mediocrity and hasn't done a great job of using his talent to best effect or managing the psyche of the squad from game to game.

This team under Jay has always been Jekyll and Hyde whatever the other circumstances.

Win by 17 one week, lose by 14 the next.

Win 2 or 3 games in a row, lose 2 or 3 games in a row.

It all adds up to no net gain.

The Redskins should have made the playoffs in 2016 but came out flat and lost to a Giants team in the season finale that was resting half their skill players on both sides of the ball.

Despite the injuries last year with better clock management in a couple of earlier games and a win in the finale again against NY the Redskins could again have been competitive for a wildcard instead of finishing 7-9.

The Redskins in 2018 aren't listening to Gruden any more than the Packers were listening to McCarthy.

That early magic dust unexpectedly supplied by Adrian Peterson has evaporated and it's obvious this team has no other visible veteran leaders that can lift these players to do more than is expected of them to win.

Mike McCarthy?

Are you out of your freakin' mind???

Well, that's a "no" from me.

If the Skins win tomorrow night, the chances of winning the division improve substantially. If not, I hope they go 6-10 and get a top seven or eight pick.

Yeah, that's where I am at this time.

Bah.

So happy you said it first! errrrrrr....you unloyal rat bastage!

Hey now! Why all the glum cyber-faces?

After me everyone. A little XMAS sing-along: I'll be home for the play-offs....if only in my dreams

Mike McCarthy?

Are you out of your freakin' mind???

Well, that's a "no" from me.

If the Skins win tomorrow night, the chances of winning the division improve substantially. If not, I hope they go 6-10 and get a top seven or eight pick.

Yeah, that's where I am at this time.

Bah.

You are not alone there, Brother. If there's not chance of advancing in the Post Season, I'd rather advance in the draft rankings. Winning meaningless games means nothing to me.

At times, it feels like bizarro world. Not to make excuses, but let's keep things in perspective.

Teams with the most/least landing on IR this year.í ½íº'

WAS-15
OAK-14
JAX/IND-13
BAL/CIN-12
KC-11

BUF-3
DET-4
HOU/CHI-5
TEN-6

Last year? We were first again, with 22 players on IR.

The 49ers have also lost their starting QB. They have a record of 2-10.

I don't hear a lot of outrage.

So what you guys are saying is no Mike McCarthy. Am I reading that right?

Guess my expectations have been set pretty low.

Ntotoro...... he has 4 wins with Aaron Rodgers with virtually no injuries.

Can we do better than that?

Per Rick Snyder:

Redskins inactives include Quinn, Dunbar and Ioannidis while Thompson is back. Losing those three hurts. Quinn may be the team's best receiver when healthy, though we've only seen a glimpse of that, plus a fearless returner. Dunbar leaves hole in secondary, Ioannidis one vs. run.

Mr. Irrelevant might be our best WR? Wtf is happening here?

We're going to miss Matt I.

On the team's inactive list tonight, they couldn't even spell Perine's name correctly.

It does make you wonder if they're all drunks.

It's honestly amazing how Bruce remains employed anywhere--let alone at a professional sports team.

Like others have said, I have a strange feeling about tonight. For some reason, I'm not excited to watch. I would be much more excited on a Sunday. I guess it's the way the Redskins always come out and look like dogs when the spotlight is on. I hope that I am wrong. I hope that I am really, really wrong. And I will be watching, because I always will watch. But for a game with major playoff implications, I'm just not that excited.

So.....following your stats....you do realize that there is a line of argument to the effect that leading IR (in the proxy sense you are using it) year in and year out as a matter of probability eliminates random chance (i.e., bad luck) as an explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.