• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Thry have “leaders” who bitch and moan that they have no fan support. There are no leaders on this team.

Thry have “leaders” who bitch and moan that they have no fan support. There are no leaders on this team.

That's hyperbole. We have plenty of leaders on this team. Trent Williams coming back early and playing with a cast on is certainly one. Swearinger is another.

Unfortunately, we also have fans that literally know nothing, who take it upon themselves to tweet ignorant comments to our players after losses.

The most recent victim of our "fans" was Mason Foster.

Is he going to the HOF? No. Is he the third leading tackler in the entire league? Yes.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=nfl+l...da72c7fb53c8382cf&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=DCTS

And we had literally dozens of "fans" questioning his work ethic and desire.

Embarrassing as hell.

I'm just talking about them complaining about fans showing up at games. Really couldn't care less about online piss contests.

Doug Williams opening comments at today's presser:

"First of all, I just wanted to say this is not for any questions whatsoever. First of all, I want to apologize to the organization [Washington Redskins], my wife, my mom, my sisters and the six daughters that I have. The last night or so has been really tough on me from an emotional stand point because never in my life have I said anything so insensitive as I've said. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses, because there is no excuse. There's not a lot to say to more than the fact that if you know me, you would understand. Growing up, I understand the climate and what's going on and for me to make comments like I did, I just want to apologize to anybody out there within ear shot, especially the ladies of this area, across the country. Like I said, I've got six daughters and there's no way I would tolerate anything like that. So, for me to just say something like that, I just wanted to apologize."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redskins just don't step in "it"...they fall down in "it" and roll around in "it".

I'll tell you what's discouraging for me. I don't even really want to watch the game Monday night. I mean, it's a nationally televised game in which we could move to 7-5 and be in the thick of the hunt for a division title, and I am not looking forward to watching it. I have something approaching a feeling of impending dread.

That bothers me. Because it takes a lot to get someone like myself to that point.

Domestic violence discussion is now in the PA Forum. On a side note - some of our members really don't want to read about those kinds of topics which is why we created that forum. I'm sure they would appreciate it if some of us would stop acting like we aren't aware of where those topics should be discussed as if we haven't discussed that 1000 times here :)

I'll tell you what's discouraging for me. I don't even really want to watch the game Monday night. I mean, it's a nationally televised game in which we could move to 7-5 and be in the thick of the hunt for a division title, and I am not looking forward to watching it. I have something approaching a feeling of impending dread.

That bothers me. Because it takes a lot to get someone like myself to that point.

I'm like that most every game. I know the signs. It gets to be a trade-off between getting throiugh a day without being frustrated or keeping to a habit that began decades ago.

Don't you do that to me!!! For much of the middle of the season I was talking about how we needed a change on offense, and we got it. I think the offense comes together for a dynamite performance w/out AP running for 150.

You finally wore me down brother. I've got nothing left but I do hope you are right.

It's really not Brother @Elephant - it's this damn team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike McCarthy fired.

Hell, I'd take him cold even going into tomorrow night rather than see Norval Jr with his deer-in-the-headlights look. Already know where that's gonna' wind up.

Mike McCarthy fired.

Hell, I'd take him cold even going into tomorrow night rather than see Norval Jr with his deer-in-the-headlights look. Already know where that's gonna' wind up.

He's just an older version of Jay. No thanks.

Part of the hopelessness is knowing that Gruden and the Redskins are going to come out Monday night and do the predictable things we are known for.

Run on first down with Peterson. Throw on second or third when Bibbs comes into the game.

Consistently run 7 yard patterns on 3rd and 9.

Punt the ball and play cover 2 as a bend but don't break defense.

Don't take any chances. Don't blitz Zach Brown or one of the safeties.

Sit back and let Wentz beat us 6 yards at a time.

And then when it's time cover Alshon Jeffery down the field with Strohman or Johnson while Josh Norman covers the Eagles #3 receiver for the easy score.

Mike McCarthy?

Are you out of your freakin' mind???

Well, that's a "no" from me.

If the Skins win tomorrow night, the chances of winning the division improve substantially. If not, I hope they go 6-10 and get a top seven or eight pick.

Yeah, that's where I am at this time.

Bah.

But you know the way this team goes.

We will probably lose tomorrow and Dallas will win the division but the Redskins will ‘rally' and show how tough we are in beating the Jags and Titans to slide 5-7 picks down in the first round 😤

Could be. But I'm not sure Snyder's in the same place we are as fans. It irritates my fellow fans to hear it as we don't want to have to acknowledge anything that might remotely smack of 'excuses', but this is the 2nd straight season in which devastating injuries to key players has hamstrung Gruden.

That's not meant to imply that Gruden himself isn't hamstringing the team - maybe in some ways, he is the problem, or at least a significant part of it.

But the bottom line, and I think Snyder likely views it this way, is that we've played most of our games this season with large numbers of starters on IR or inactive due to injury. At the most critical point in the season, we lost our starting QB. Expecting a head coach to win the division, or even manage a wildcard playoff spot, given the circumstances the past 2 years may not be reasonable. Generally speaking, the Redskins have been on an upward trajectory since Gruden became head coach. I'm not sure Snyder is so exasperated that he will want to blow it up, again, and start all over again. And Allen? I think the man is bulletproof and nothing short of a string of 2 or 3 win seasons would put his job at risk.

I don't know if Snyder will keep Jay with anything below a 9-7 record. Plus if the cincy job opens up I wouldn't be surprised if Jsy resigns to take that job. I don't think Snyder will blow up the front office like he has in the past but keep the FO and change the HC if he does anything. On a side note we stink generally on Monday nights so expect a blow out loss lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.