• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

****ing officials are going to make sure Dallas wins tonight. It's a foregone conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the hell did the Saints offense morph into the Redskins offense?

I know that's a joke but it still sucks.

Still not laughing. Maybe it's your delivery.

Nah brother, no need to be sorry. I get the snark. I don't even have the energy to fight it anymore.

Here's a thought to ponder...even with an amazing upset by the Turds, if we beat the Eagles on Monday night we will be in 1st place in the division by the 3rd tie breaker.

Head to head = even
Division = even at 3-1
Conference = 7-3 (70% win %) to their 6-3 (67% win %).

How does it feel knowing that the 'Skins will be equal second in the division come Tuesday? We'll still be 3 games ahead of the Gnats, but I have a gut feeling that we'll lose from here on out and finish the season with a 6-10 record.

Monday Night will decide Gruden's fate in my estimation, if we lose climbing back into first and a playoff spot seems insurmountable after 3 straight losses and 1-4 in the last 5.

I am not sure we'll win another game the way things are going. Even where we haven't been devastated by injuries, we aren't playing particularly well, and we seem to get zero breaks on calls going our way to even get lucky and win a couple.

I hate Dallas - but I sort of saw last night coming. I think if we were healthy, we're the better team and would be on the way to sewing up the division. But we're not and the injury to Smith (criticism of his play aside) was likely the last straw.

I would love to be wrong, but we don't seem to have a final surge in us and I don't see us making the playoffs.

Anything is possible.

I do know the beer will be cold Monday night. So, there's that.

It can still be a December to remember.

Monday Night will decide Gruden's fate in my estimation, if we lose climbing back into first and a playoff spot seems insurmountable after 3 straight losses and 1-4 in the last 5.

Could be. But I'm not sure Snyder's in the same place we are as fans. It irritates my fellow fans to hear it as we don't want to have to acknowledge anything that might remotely smack of 'excuses', but this is the 2nd straight season in which devastating injuries to key players has hamstrung Gruden.

That's not meant to imply that Gruden himself isn't hamstringing the team - maybe in some ways, he is the problem, or at least a significant part of it.

But the bottom line, and I think Snyder likely views it this way, is that we've played most of our games this season with large numbers of starters on IR or inactive due to injury. At the most critical point in the season, we lost our starting QB. Expecting a head coach to win the division, or even manage a wildcard playoff spot, given the circumstances the past 2 years may not be reasonable. Generally speaking, the Redskins have been on an upward trajectory since Gruden became head coach. I'm not sure Snyder is so exasperated that he will want to blow it up, again, and start all over again. And Allen? I think the man is bulletproof and nothing short of a string of 2 or 3 win seasons would put his job at risk.

Gruden's "Club Med" training camp/preseason/practice approach, combined with wanting to be everybody's bestest buddy are major flaws.

It's likely his job is safe, though. At least for 1 more season. Much to the detriment of the team.

Norv 1.0 got 7 years. Norv 2.0 might get the same.

The only win this team has in the past month came against a no account team in Tampa that even the Giants beat in successive weeks.

Dallas vs Washington this month:

Washington is 1-3, made a trade for a safety at the deadline who hasn't made much of an impact and I continues to regress on defense.

Dallas is 4-0, made a trade at the deadline for a player in Cooper who filled a need and is making a demonstrable difference, and their defense is improving week to week.

Which team would you bet on?

Anyone remember 2014?

In the draft the Redskins agreed to trade down from a high pick in Round 2 and give Dallas the chance to select DeMarcus Lawrence, now one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Meanwhile Bruce took Trent Murphy and then Spencer Long with the picks in Rounds 2 and 3.

Neither player even earned a second contract in Washington and left in free agency.

Once again a trade partner makes out while we end up with bupkis.

Maybe it's just me but I would NEVER make a deal with Dallas or Philly to help them move up in the draft and potentially select a top tier player we then have to play against twice a year for 10 years.

But again, that's just me.

Maybe the Steelers do ‘help' the Ravens out with picks and Denver does the same for Oakland 🙀

If I ever wondered whether the entire organization from top to bottom needed to be scuttled, that pretty much confirmed it. Even a beloved individual like Doug Williams is now seen as a clown, only no one can really call him on it for various reasons.

Norval Jr had shown nothing to indicate he had the ability to get the team prepared in any way, shape or form to get them out of a situation like this.

To be honest, the combination of the pressure of playing on Monday night and losing a 2 or 3 game lead in the division over the past weeks leads me to be concerned this team doesn't mentally come out of the tunnel.

This could be an ugly loss unless some real leaders stand up in the locker room.

Do we have them?

D.J. Swearinger exclaiming on Twitter that he is the best safety in the NFL doesn't count, unfortunately in a team sport 😫

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.