• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I wonder if the Bama boys will stick around after we've squeezed their contracts for every season we can out of them. I can only imagine they come here and see how poorly this organization is run, in comparison to the success they saw at Alabama and think, "I can't wait to get out of here."

McCoy is one Redskin who feels the opposite :)

“If I'm going to play in the NFL, there's nowhere I want to play right now other than the Redskins,” McCoy, a former starter for the Texas Longhorns and Heisman Trophy runner-up, said in late July. “I know how this team feels about me.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/qb-colt-mc...ets-chance-prove-hes-something-020926513.html

McCoy is one Redskin who feels the opposite :)

“If I'm going to play in the NFL, there's nowhere I want to play right now other than the Redskins,” McCoy, a former starter for the Texas Longhorns and Heisman Trophy runner-up, said in late July. “I know how this team feels about me.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/qb-colt-mc...ets-chance-prove-hes-something-020926513.html

Yeah, I'd probably say something similar if I were in the same position he's in.

I wonder if the Bama boys will stick around after we've squeezed their contracts for every season we can out of them. I can only imagine they come here and see how poorly this organization is run, in comparison to the success they saw at Alabama and think, "I can't wait to get out of here."

You have no idea what they think. The incessant negativity gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no idea what they think. The incessant negativity gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, they have repeatedly discussed the discipline down there, how tight that ship was run, compared to what they see here. Allen even went so far as to say in one tweet he enjoyed more preparation and development at Alabama, so yeah...I do know what they think...they're sharing it with us.

As for the negativity getting old, it goes both ways. This team has done so little over the past 25 years to deserve so much benefit of the doubt. To hear people suggest this team is better than what the eye sees is just as tiring.

It's a huge game tomorrow. I'm expecting us to win.

John, they have repeatedly discussed the discipline down there, how tight that ship was run, compared to what they see here. Allen even went so far as to say in one tweet he enjoyed more preparation and development at Alabama, so yeah...I do know what they think...they're sharing it with us.

This sounds like a definitive description of how he feels about the organization

Last edited:
F*** Dallas...Happy Thanksgiving to all of us Redskins misfits and ours, BGO I'm thankful for, how else would any of us even know each other, meet each other, know the introspects of our lives and families, so I'd ask until 4 today.....let's stay positive family, plus were going to f***ing win then listen to El tell us he was right....

F*** Dallas...Happy Thanksgiving to all of us Redskins misfits and ours, BGO I'm thankful for, how else would any of us even know each other, meet each other, know the introspects of our lives and families, so I'd ask until 4 today.....let's stay positive family, plus were going to f***ing win then listen to El tell us he was right....

I usually am! :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving all. WE need to win this one1 HTTR and hugs and love

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Sandy!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at BGO!

Pro Tip: The word for today is MODERATION. Don't be the guy/gal saying "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Trent Williams is playing. Both Crowder and Chris Thompson are out.

Quinn and Bibbs can shine.

The word for today is MODERATION. Don't be the guy/gal saying "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" ;)

That's BOONE'S job. ;)

Come to think of it, that would be a fun video for one of us to make.
Show a family at Thanksgiving dinner, and someone mistakenly brings up the President, and the 2 get into a politically rivalled argument, then out of nowhere @Boone shows up, and says "YOU TWO. You know the rules. No politics at family Thanksgiving. So you two take that discussion to a private room, or I'll kick you out of here...NOW YOU, you've had way too much mashed potatoes and stuffing. You are BANNED from any more food".

Quinn and Bibbs can shine.

I got no quibs with quinn and bibbs.

4 years ago we were going into an off-season after a terribly disappointing 4-12 campaign. Al Galdi and Chris Cooley were on the radio posing the question to fans..."If you were Dan Snyder what would you do?"

I called in and said, "I'd fire up Redskins One and fly to the Northwest to hire Scott MacGloughan!" They kinda laughed it off, I'm not sure they even knew who he was. Cooley's response was, "How cool would it be to have your own plane."

A week later when I saw we'd actually have a real GM to evaluate, and acquire talent, someone with a track record of building quality teams, I was ecstatic...until a couple weeks after we'd hired him I saw him drinking a beer in an interview. That concerned me, but I thought it could work. The first sign that it wouldn't work was when we hired Joe Barry, a Gruden and Bruce Allen guy when Wade Phillips had interviewed for the position of DC. Not gonna say I knew it at the time, I say that in retrospect.

We all saw how that played out, Scott Mac can claim drinking wasn't the problem, but we could all see it in his physical appearance he was not on top of his game, his drinking was getting the better of him, and his relationship with Allen and Snyder had failed.

Fast forward to today. We are in year 5 of the Jay Gruden experiment and it's failing. Yeah, I hear the pundits discuss injuries, as if the real problems with Jay Gruden are not on full display in a loss like last night's. In 5 years, we've seen enough to know that we will never be good enough to win it all with Gruden, and we've probably seen enough.

So, unless this team goes out and surprises us with 4-1 record down the road or more likely 3-2, 8-8 should get Gruden fired considering the competition level of the rest of the schedule. I think this team can win 4 more games, but if we don't...Gruden has had plenty of time.

So where does that leave us in the grand scheme if Gruden is fired? Well...I'd hope that Snyder is willing to walk away from Bruce Allen, too. It's time...and the answer is not Doug Williams. We need to hire someone from a winning organization, someone who has seen tremendous success under a great leader, evaluator of talent.

So, posed with that same question Galdi and Cooley posed 4 years ago, at the end of this season, barring any surprises like actually winning the division we so handily controlled just 2 weeks ago, "If I were Dan Snyder, what would I do?"

Well, I'd hire Nick Caserio as the GM, fire Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden and every other coach, training staff, water carrier on the team and let him start from complete scratch in the FO. If he felt there was anyone worth rehiring, I'd leave that to him. I'd let him hire the head coach he thinks could win (not force him to go with an offensive minded coach only), and let him have complete autonomy. Sign both he and the coach to a 5 year contract and let them see what they can do. They have 5 years.

5 years is plenty of time for anyone who can be successful, to be successful. Gruden is what he is...Allen has had 10 years and is pretty much on par to do what Vinny Cerrato was able to do here in Washington...about the same winning percentages. We need to move on...and I'm afraid if we win the division, we'll see another 2 years of the same mediocrity with Gruden and Allen.

Dan Steinberg
‏Verified account @dcsportsbog

The Skins are 3-3 in their last 6 games, 4-4 in their last 8, 5-5 in their last 10 and 6-6 in their last 12. They're 8-8 in their last 16, 9-9 in their last 18, 10-10 in their last 20. They're 13-13 in their last 26. They're 19-19-1 in their last 39, and 21-21-1 in their last 43.

This is pretty interesting. I didn't take the time to see how accurate it is, but it sounds about right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.