• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

In all fairness, McLovin was willing to settle for a six-pack of PBR, but the ‘Skins were playing hardball.

According to NFL live the only trade I would consider at this point is a 4th round pick for Janoris Jenkins...and even that comes with trepidation.

Other than that, the Eagles just paid too much for Golden Tate when they could have had Demariyus Thomas for a 4th.

I think we'll make it out of the trade deadline without giving up picks. Although willing if the right trade was there, I am glad we did not reach, and kept the picks.

Rappaport reporting Skins have traded for Packers Clinton Dix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed!
For a 4th round pick.

I like this trade. Wife is gonna be pissed!! Lol
His name is ever present when watching a Packer game. Paired up with Swearinger could be impressive.

He's in a contract year so this is a rental I guess, unless a deal can be done. But it shows I think that the Skins are all in for a playoff push this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelson.jpg

Clinton-Dix!

LOL...Bolstering the secondary at just the right time with the Falcons coming to town.

Nice move.

Some interesting bits from ESPN (emphasis mine):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25128601/packers-trade-safety-ha-ha-clinton-dix-redskins

But the real issue has been depth. Washington placed rookie Troy Apke on injured reserve Monday with a hamstring injury. The Redskins have Deshazor Everett as their main backup. He's considered a special teams standout. Until this trade, their fourth safety was undrafted free agent Kenny Ladler, another special teams performer.

Even after this trade, Washington should have 10 draft picks next offseason; the Redskins hope to land four compensatory picks based on last offseason. They've placed a greater emphasis on acquiring compensatory picks. If Clinton-Dix leaves in free agency and signs a big contract elsewhere, the Redskins could be in line for another compensatory pick in the 2020 draft.

Takes a bit of the sting out of it, I guess.

Not a Vinny move? :instigate:

No. We gave up a 4th but didn't we already have 11 picks for next year any way?
Plus, if he walks, we get another comp pick. Plus, he's 25 and not a used up RB looking for a big payday. ;)

We have/had ten picks in the draft next year. We gave up a sixth to draft Adonis Alexander in the supp draft this summer. But nine picks is still a good haul.

I love it! I was excoriated, told I was in the tank for a return of Vinny Cerrato, because I was in favor of the right trade for a position of need.

We make that move...

..."we have the greatest defense in the history of the NFL!"

Putting salt on wounds seems to help. I've never tried it, but the rednecks down here swear by it. They swear a lot.

Ha Ha.

Stumbled across this while drinking my coffee this morning. Made me smile.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-jon-gruden-carson-wentz-are-biggest-winners/

The 2015 First-Round Draft Class
This was supposed to be a good draft class, topped by a pair of franchise quarterbacks and it has turned into an absolute mess. Let's run through some of the picks:

1 Jameis Winston -- Benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick multiple times, may or may not get a new deal

2. Marcus Mariota -- Struggling to be consistent in Tennessee

3. Dante Fowler -- Traded

4. Amari Cooper -- Traded

5. Brandon Scherff -- GREAT PICK

6. Leonard Williams -- GREAT PICK

7. Kevin White -- Huge bust, almost had a Hail Mary once

8. Vic Beasley -- Led the league in sacks once but might not get a second contract from Atlanta

9. Ereck Flowers -- Enormous bust

10. Todd Gurley -- GREAT PICK

That record is why the Giants madeabig mistakeby not taking a qb.

Barkley is a great talent but running backs don't win Super Bowls in today's NFL by themselves.

The Giants could have taken a running back like Johnson or Michel after taking a qb at #2 and had the makings of a young productive offense with skill players in position and the chance to build up the OL in the 2019 draft and free agency.

So here's your FundayFriday Question for the masses!

Considering that Alex Smith is only a stop gap solution at QB.... and considering that we're going to need a young QB to take over in the next couple of years...

Did anyone see the 49ers/Raiders game last night?

That Mullens kid lit the Raiders up!!

which begs the question... if they play him the rest of the season and this is a good example of his game... then I imagine the 49ers may end up dangling either him or Garropolo as trade bait in the off season.

I know it's VERY early to be talking about Mullens, this may have been an outlier, but would we have any interest in Garropolo?

Discuss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.