• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Let's see...

A young back with unlimited potential vs a star back that's been run hard,put up wet and is looking to be paid WR money.....

That's a big NO for me.

Because an unproven rookie who has already experienced his first major injury is a more valuable asset than the most prolific RB in the past 5 years.

No would have sufficed, but to suggest Leveon Bell is washed up is a little over the top.

Fecals lose in overtime :)

Because an unproven rookie who has already experienced his first major injury is a more valuable asset than the most prolific RB in the past 5 years.

No would have sufficed, but to suggest Leveon Bell is washed up is a little over the top.

No it's really not considering his high usage and the fact he's one positive test away from being suspended for the year.

Plus, what players are you letting go off to fit him under the cap at the contract he wants? And are you willing to invest in a guy that you may lose for a year because he can't stay off the weed?

Last edited:
Yes. Even the Redskins haven't figured out how to lose during the Bye week.

Giants lost too!

Cowgirls got a win - that I'm sure their fans and media are over-the-top about. Nevermind that Detroit sux and that Dak finally breaking 200 yards passing is some mega-achievement.

That was a great weekend for us. Very, very nice.

One thing I don't get. The Redskins had John Sullivan here after he was released by the Vikings.

He did a good job filling in when Spencer Long got hurt, but then we let him go in free agency.

Now he is balling out for the Rams.

Why not resign him, allow Roullier to play LG and jettison Shawn Lauvao once and for all?

Yeah, Sullivan was 30 but so is Lauvao and we now have Smith (34), Peterson (33), and Davis (34) as major contributors on offense.

I'm pretty sure Lauvao has picture of Jay Gruden with a goat or something.

Le'Veon Bell has made himself look really bad in front of his teammates and the NFL with his ongoing money grab issues that go back 2-3 years.

All this guy has been about is the money. Who wants that?

And he is already 27 at a position where 30 is considered shot.

What Adrian Peterson is doing at 33 goes all the way back to Marcus Allen and John Riggins in the 1980's when they rushed for 1,000 yards at age 32/33.

But those guys are Hall of Famers.

Bell's not there yet and is likely to end up on a bad team next year that can swallow his cap number (assuming he finally signs).

After watching parts of the game last night, I have to say the more I see form the New England Patriots, the more respect I have for that organization as a whole...except cry baby Brady, he's still a sissy baby no matter how talented he is.

What struck me last night was Josh Gordon. For years the kid had ****ed up, made bad decision after bad decision. I am convinced that part of his problem was that he was in an organization so dysfunctional, he could never survive.

I know he's only been with the Patriots for 2 games, but when he scored his first TD catch last night, almost the entire team went out to congratulate him. Coming from a recovering alcoholic, it was that sort of support that helped me get past some demons. It looks like Josh Gordon is in a good place to succeed, and I am left filled with respect for a team I've loathed for years.

Whether he will or not is on him, but he is set up now to be very successful.

I put that in this forum because it reminded me of the core of the Redskins while Joe Gibbs was here. There was a familial feel to those teams I have not seen since his return, and not again since.

Jay Gruden has been enamored during his term as coach with guys like Ryan Grant and Mack Brown.

We kept marginal NFL players around and seemed content to have them on the roster as backups in case the starters got hurt.

Shawn Lauvao is another example of a 'protected' player the organization can't seem to do without, even though 31 other teams passed on him in free agency.

Until these kinds of players are 'competitively' pushed off the roster, the Redskins are going to be a middling club.

I see some moves in the right direction overall since Williams and Kyle Smith took over for Scot McCloughan whose 2 year reign produced some real gaffes. But we are not there yet.

We need a LG and offensive line depth. We need a wide receiver corps - no joke I think we need not only a #1 but also a strong #2 .

I don't think we have either on the roster right now.

On the other side of the ball, we have some good young draft picks that are playing well.

But is Josh Norman worth $15M?

We are paying him as if he is a 'shutdown' corner but in reality he is no more than a 'solid' NFL corner.

Couldn't we have found this type of player cheaper in free agency or the draft?

This is Norman's last year here Bulldog. Just grin and bare it until Feb.

I agree. Norman will be gone because the team needs the money to resign Scherff.

But the original signing of Norman showed the team is willing at times to overspend for a player.

What I am suggesting here is with a chance to compete in 2018 we need to look for a move at WR to help Smith, Peterson and Reed produce drives and points.

We have been largely silent outside of the move for Floyd and it's been 3 years since he was a major threat.

I think we need to look around at teams that have started slowly and monitor where they are in 1-2 weeks.

There might be a late career vet we can trade for that can help as a bridge to 2019.

Back to this season, will the players get lazy, like they were against the Colts, or will they play balls out, like they did against Green Bay, for the rest of the year?

Only time will tell!

Quote from a fan on the Post website:

'Death, taxes, and Doctson unable to play. Three things we can't avoid.' :hanged:

Well..that sure was a s*** show last night. It's the first time I've turned off a game in many many years. I'm really tired of the stupid mistakes and the miscommunications that seem to keep happening. I did leave last night thinking once again Gruden can't prepare out of a bye week, so was surprised to see his actual record out of bye weeks is 2-3.

2014 27-7 loss to Tampa who finished 2-14
2015 27-10 loss to New England who finished 12-4
2016 26-20 win over Minnesota who finished 8-8
2017 26-24 win over San Francisco who finished 6-10

Well, the team has been without a legit WR for 2 years. So, games like last night where the Redskins fall behind a high octane attack like New Orleans there is no chance to stay competitive.

Smith may not be going downfield but I am not seeing a lot of clear wins by our WRs on the outside either.

We need to trade for a veteran WR.

Then we need to think about splitting Reed outside in the slot more regularly using Davis as the primary tight end.

It doesn't solve all problems but then we get productive size in the veteran and Reed as targets for Smith on key third downs and passing situations.

On defense the Redskins probably have the youngest secondary in the NFL if you take Norman out of the equation.

The fact he has never approached being the player here that he was in Carolina means we really don't have an on field leader to stabilize the young group.

It was predictable that Brees was going to get his points.

But 43?

Which brings us to the other failure. We are not an effective 3-4 team as neither Kerrigan or Smith are edge rushers.

They are best fits at DE in a 4-3.

We could then put Allen and Payne at DT and rotate Ioannidis in and have a very effective rush.

Lining Zach Brown up as a guy who could rush on third downs as a WLB opens up more possibilities with his speed.

Everything else Shanahan brought here we have jettisoned.

It's time for the 3-4 to go.

There are a few teams that have the talent and FIT to run the 3-4.

We don't have an LT or Terrell Suggs or guys the Steelers had like Greg Lloyd or James Harrison.

We also don't have Jim Burt, Haloti Ngata or Casey Hampton.

It's just time to admit that and move on.

If the offensive line is gonna get manhandled like they have been against the Colts and Saints, it simply doesn't matter who the skill position players are.
The next time one of them even thinks the name, "Hogs 2.0" someone oughta hit them in the face with an aluminum bat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.