• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think we're too far away from next years draft to seriously entertain what we may need by then.

We're 2-1 into a 16 game regular season. Time will tell what we do/don't need.

I don't think Gruden has the luxury of putting Doctson out there for 16 games if he is not providing any real production.

I think the signing of Floyd and the return to game action of Maurice Harris over the next few games after the bye could spell out a lineup where Josh is on the bench.

Again, I don't think in Year 5 that Jay and Bruce have enough wiggle room to Not field WRs that can produce something of value.

Wentz is back and you will see Philly hit stride as Peters is back as well.

To keep up in the division we don't need a 1,200 yard season from a WR but we need 3 or 4 guys that can step up and make some plays.

If you assume Crowder and Richardson are two of those guys it could be that Harris and Floyd are the other two.

We know Floyd was brought in at 28 to play WR. He has no history on Teams and doesn't play as a slot.

My biggest concern on offense - the lack of a quality RB behind AP. With Kelley and Byron Marshall on IR, Perine inactive (I am not even sure what's up with Perine at this point), and Chris Thompson a shell of his former self - we have zip behind AP. Good teams have to have at least 1 dangerous/solid backup RB to insert late in the game to provide fresh legs. They tried to spell AP with Bibbs today. Bibbs is great as a quick change of pace back. But he's not a workhorse who can sub for AP when he gets fatigued late in the game.

I know most of you would say WR is a bigger deficit. But we're actually in better shape at that spot (meaning, we have healthy players) than at RB. And if AP goes down, then the WRs are going to become that much more critical, and that's not necessarily a good thing for our Redskins.

We need a quality backup RB - either Perine, Kelley (who could return after 8 games theoretically), or we need to try and trade for one.

That's a good point, but I'd take it a little further. Our big concern on offense is AP is 33. Vernon Davis is 34. Smith is 34. Jordan Reed has never played a full season in his career. Chris Thompson is made of glass.

Those are literally our only skill position players worth a damn. If any one of those guys goes down our offense is seriously crippled. If two go down our offense grinds to a screeching halt.

And it's a long season.

That's a good point, but I'd take it a little further. Our big concern on offense is AP is 33. Vernon Davis is 34. Smith is 34. Jordan Reed has never played a full season in his career. Chris Thompson is made of glass.

Those are literally our only skill position players worth a damn. If any one of those guys goes down our offense is seriously crippled. If two go down our offense grinds to a screeching halt.

And it's a long season.

Not sure I'd include Davis in that list. If Sprinkle actually saw the field for other than blocking duties, we might find out he's pretty talented. But I agree with your overall point.

My counter would be that this is true for almost every team in the NFL (ie... lose their top couple of offensive threats and they will struggle).

Not sure I'd include Davis in that list. If Sprinkle actually saw the field for other than blocking duties, we might find out he's pretty talented. But I agree with your overall point.

I guess what I mean is we could probably afford to lose one of our TEs.

On the other hand, if any of the other guys go down we are in serious trouble. Peterson is the one that scares me the most, like you said. He's 33, has a ton mileage, we have no backup, and he's the centerpiece of our offense at the moment. Let's hope we get a Riggins Year out of him.

My counter would be that this is true for almost every team in the NFL (ie... lose their top couple of offensive threats and they will struggle).

Sure. But given the age/injury history of our top guys, I think our situation is a little more precarious than most teams.

It's The Over the Hill Gang, Part Deux!

I guess what I mean is we could probably afford to lose one of our TEs.

On the other hand, if any of the other guys go down we are in serious trouble. Peterson is the one that scares me the most, like you said. He's 33, has a ton mileage, we have no backup, and he's the centerpiece of our offense at the moment. Let's hope we get a Riggins Year out of him.

Sure. But given the age/injury history of our top guys, I think our situation is a little more precarious than most teams.

It's The Over the Hill Gang, Part Deux!

Agree with every word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After one of our worst performances in a long time, that game yesterday was a thing of beauty.

After one of our worst performances in a long time, that game yesterday was a thing of beauty.

The first half was a beauty.

The second half was a dog.

They get that fixed and they'd do some very good things.

To be fair, our defense did play pretty well in the second half.

Good points BB.

Guess in the back of mind is that each game we have won the opposing team QB had legacy or actual injuries. Furthermore, the Pack is a beat up 1-1-1 team.

Remember: we haven't shown an ability to come from behind. Heck I have a one game sample set to prove it!

Granted: should be happy with this start versus previous seasons.

Recognized: I'm still captive to our past two decades.

Conceded: easier to get through Monday when the outcome is favorable.

I think the signing of Floyd and the return to game action of Maurice Harris over the next few games after the bye could spell out a lineup where Josh is on the bench.

Harris must be hearing the Bells of St Mary's for weeks! Usually the concussion protocol lasts one, maybe two weeks.

One of the redskin shows I listened to while driving to work this morning noted that Payne and Allen both were on the field for over 90% of the defensive plays. What's with dat? Aint gonna fly for a whole season.

Chemistry isn't there between Alex and his receivers yet
Wouldn't expect a lot of yardage from Paul and Josh, but they will get some big gains

TE and slot recievers will get the bulk of yardage with an occasional pass to Richardson and josh

Better stats for the recievers against NO on Monday night I do think

One of the redskin shows I listened to while driving to work this morning noted that Payne and Allen both were on the field for over 90% of the defensive plays. What's with dat? Aint gonna fly for a whole season.

Didn't draft them to ride the pine

Got to get better at ball control on offense in order not to burn these guys down and keep them fresh.

To be fair, our defense did play pretty well in the second half.

My point of contention is that they were on the field way too long...most of the second half to be honest.

I don't know if Gruden understands ball control right now.

True, but the roster has been set up (and has been for years) to support a steady rotation. We want these guys around t the end off the year! not burnt out.

This is intriguing because it was much more of a rotation week 1 and 2. Tim Settle saw 0 snaps on Sunday. Maybe because we wanted that additional speed in the event that Rodgers used his legs? Maybe because we knew we were going into a bye week? Maybe because of the lead we had, pass rush became a lot more important than run defense?

My point of contention is that they were on the field way too long...most of the second half to be honest.

I don't know if Gruden understands ball control right now.

Ball control only works if you get first downs DP. We ran plenty in the 2nd half - their D just tightened up. I'm not directing this at you by any means, but I swear it seems like a lot of fans sort of forget that the other team is trying to win as well. The Packers (gimpy Rodgers or not) are a quality opponent with a very good coaching staff. Teams that are playing from behind and got stomped in the first half are almost always going to do some things in the 2nd half to adjust and make the game more competitive.

One of the reasons I was harping on the lack of an effective backup to AP is because I felt he looked gassed at times in the 2nd half. Without a 2nd RB banger who can come in with fresh legs, when your starter gets tired, it limits you. I know that Gruden gets saddled with (and probably deserves to an extent) the 'can't make adjustments' label. But in this case, he did make the adjustments - the Packers scored but never got closer than 11 and we were able to put together a drive to put more distance between us.

Chris Thompson looking a lot more like Chris Thompson would be a big help for Alex Smith. CT looks tentative and a step slower to me this year so far. We really need him to get back to 2017 form soon. Reed is killing it (I don't think I've ever seen him look better) but so far CT isn't the same guy. Those two are our 3rd down money options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.