• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's just 2 games into the season, it's not over yet by a long stretch. :D

We could still conceivably go 15-1 and to the Superbowl. (Yup, there's an alternate dimension where that happens... Dr Strange took a look for me and there's definitely just one!)

My hope is that this is such a young team in a lot of places that we just need a little familiarity to put it all together.

I think the D-Line will only get better as they play together more.
I think Smith will settle in the more games he plays.
Surely Sprinkle will learn from yesterday.
I'm still not giving up on Doctson and Richardson giving us something.
I think Reed will factor in more as he plays more with Smith.
I have faith this was a blip by the O-line

Yeah I know, it's really really really trying to look on the Brightside. :D

I think I said in another thread somewhere that I see this years team as a stepping stone to being something special next year all being well. We have so many changed pieces and young pieces this year I'm not expecting a complete turnaround straightaway. I just want to see an upwards trend. I think we saw that in game one, but not in game two. This team needs to learn consistency.

I lost 3 hours of life yesterday watching the Skins look uninspired and overwhelmed. Saw a little bit of Green Bay and Vikings game. Cousins brought them back and would have won if they had a kicker. Got me wondering was the problem Cousins or Gruden?
Gruden is not a good head coach. The team was unprepared, no intensity, and heaven forbid we make any serious halftime adjustments.
Keep playing like this and will start regaining my golf game.

One game sample... sure... but a game that Norval Gruden can't affoed to have in his fifth season. We have seen this from him far too many times: a team woefully unprepared technically and emotionally. They were beat up on by a QB who played one game in two years, a D-Line of no-names and a LB corps that was for sale in Costco with .97 at the end of their price.

Calling it “inexcusable”' isn't even a start.

He bragged last week about his week 2 record, then shit the bed in massive fashion in front of a stadium that was generously a third full. It is impossible to like this team, much less love it. You know how many teams will sign on to hire Norval as a HC after he's finished here? Zero... and this is a league with more incest than the British Royal Family.

Nick

PS.... the Cardinals got shutout 34-0 yesterday.

Last edited:
I will say this first: In any given season you almost always lose a game you shouldn't lose and win a game you shouldn't win. It is possible that this is the 'lose a game you shouldn't lose' game for us.

That said, I doubt it. The NFL is not a week to week league. The Redskins are a week to week team. That's what 8-8 teams are. This was a quintessential Norv Turner game. After a dominating win, swagger into what looks like a gimme of a game and struggle for no apparent reason. I call this a 'we should be crushing these guys' game, because in the Olden Days when I still really cared I would scream that at the TV. Now my wife simply has to look at my face during the game and say 'you should be crushing those guys?' and I just smile and nod.

Ok, this is my breakdown: Our defense played fine. Andrew Luck is going to get 21 points against most teams, and he was on the field a lot. Sure we could have played better on defense, but it wasn't horrible and wasn't why we lost. Our offense was terrible, specifically, our offensive line. They got manhandled all day by a bunch of guys I've never heard of. Either they were out-coached or they didn't bother to show up. Either way, if that's how they are going to play for the rest of the season we'll win about four games. We HAVE to be able to protect Smith and HAVE to be able to run the ball because we have no WRs on this team. They are terrible. They didn't get out-coached or out-hustled. They are terrible. Doctson is a big fat bust. My God, he's awful. Richardson did not magically turn into a top-notch starter here (surprise surprise). He's a 50 catch, 700 yard guy who will get you a big play now and then. Crowder is Crowder. You can survive with a pedestrian group like that but your OL HAS to play well and you HAVE to be able to run the ball. Have I said that? :)

Going forward, the defense needs to keep doing it's thing, and the offense has to control the line of scrimmage, put together long drives with short passes and big runs that end in touchdowns. We'll see.

Regarding the attendance ... my son has been a huge Redskin fan for the past 6 years or so, a far bigger fan than I. He turns 13 in a couple weeks. I offered to take him to a Redskin game for his birthday, and he declined. We're going to a Wizards game instead.

The defense did not play well - sorry :) They let the Colts gash is on the ground the entire first half. That changed the whole dynamic of the game. We also gave up what should've been an easy safety (which could've turned the tide in the 2nd half) because Josh Norman can't tackle.

The NFL is absolutely a week to week league (even for teams like Philly and the Pats) - it's just even more volatile when you consistently fail to show up like our guys do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The attendance yesterday was awful. Florence could have had an impact, but not by 24-25k people. Yesterday's attendance sounded like RFK numbers.

For what it's worth folks. As shitty as we may seam or be..... I will watch every dam minute I can of Redskins football with enthusiasm. I may be happy, I may be saddened at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter. There my team, and it's football season.

HTTR !

I didn't say the defense played well. I said they played fine and/or 'not horrible.'

Yeah Norman should make that tackle and yeah we should have played the run better in the first half but the defense also came up with two big turnovers, one at mid-field and one inside the Indy 30. Neither of those turned the tide of the game. The safety wouldn't have either. The way our offense was playing that safety would have made the final score 21-11 (21-8, actually, because one of our FGs came off a turnover on that same drive.)

Anyway, defense or not, the team has to get it together. I think that we can agree on.

Last edited:
46 pass attempts to 22 carries, and 4 were credited to the qb. They had such a good game plan against the cards yet go and basically shit on a puppy yesterday.

Jay cannot call an offensive game plan. He needs to delegate that shit Pronto.

Also, our shotty line play has to reflect bad for Callahan at some point.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Redksins are signing WR Breshad Perriman, per source.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041794927242428416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fits right in with our other receivers who can't catch.

I think Doctson fits perfectly into the “Players drafted by McLovin who aren't worth shit” category.

Pretty clear when it comes to WR the Washington Redskins have no plan/no clue

Pretty clear when it comes to WR the Washington Redskins have no plan/no clue

The signings of Floyd and Perriman reek of desperation.

We basically came into the season without a #1 receiver, but kept our fingers crossed that we could turn a pile of you know what into gold.

That's often been the case with this franchise - lack of succession planning and then it blows up in our faces.

It's okay though, the organization will do what they know best, go sign a couple former 1st round draft picks and try to fire up the hype machine to get us to believe that they'll rediscover themselves and find their game in WASHINGTON of all places!

And we're supposed to buy into this for the next 14 weeks? No thanks.

14 long weeks to go, and no SB to think of! What, exactly, are the players playing for? Surely not the success!

We have Green Bay next, then the bye (which we will lose!), so will be 1-3 when we face the Saints on W5 and MNF. Why bother?

Here's me believing that Smith is an upgrade on Cousins. Fool me once, but you won't fool me twice!

We should trade T. Williams, Scherff, Kerrigan and whoever wants success for lazy has-beens. Enough of the big dollar contracts until players have proven themselves.

For what it's worth folks. As shitty as we may seam or be..... I will watch every dam minute I can of Redskins football with enthusiasm. I may be happy, I may be saddened at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter. There my team, and it's football season.

HTTR !
Me too. It's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.