• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

If you were in chat, you know how I feel. This team is nearly impossible to root for. We are not, and may never be (as long as Dan Snyder is leading the org), ready for prime time.

That being said - the NFL is a week to week league.

Emotionally - I'm about done with being a Redskins fan. But rationally, today's loss doesn't necessarily mean a thing in terms of how we'll fare in coming weeks. We're tied for 1st in the NFC East after this week. Anything can happen.

Will we even be a .500 team this year? I don't see any reason to believe we can even win half our games. But with this team, who knows.

If you were in chat, you know how I feel. This team is nearly impossible to root for. We are not, and may never be (as long as Dan Snyder is leading the org), ready for prime time.

That being said - the NFL is a week to week league.

Emotionally - I'm about done with being a Redskins fan. But rationally, today's loss doesn't necessarily mean a thing in terms of how we'll fare in coming weeks. We're tied for 1st in the NFC East after this week. Anything can happen.

Will we even be a .500 team this year? I don't see any reason to believe we can even win half our games. But with this team, who knows.

It doesn't help when after the game, you have players saying that the Colts played harder than us.

We hear this same stuff every year,after every loss. That's a direct reflection on the Head Coach and his ability to motivate these guys.

If you can't be motivated to show up at home in the home opener then you're just here to cash a check and go home.

The Redskins win one game and all of a sudden it's like they think they've arrived. Crank up the DJ at practice and let start wearing costumes at practice.

Belichick wouldn't let that fly with his team. Jay's seemingly fine with it. Someone in chat said someone needs to be cut to make a point.

Jay has no sack,so don't expect it.

Yep. Sigh. This franchise has sapped my energy too. Don't even get upset when they lose, like when I was growing up.

Now, I just kind of expect it. Hope the team can do something and be competitive, but not holding my breath.

If we can't beat the Colts at home, there's no chance in hell we'll get close to the Pack at Lambeau. Just sayin'!

As we stay at home, with our home record, we won't even get a sniff of victory against the Pack.

I was in Game Centre until just before the half, we trailled 14-3 and weren't even looking at getting close, so I went to bed. Mind you it was just before 5am!

I no longer care if the 'Skins are on TV or not! I'm certainly not going to watch the early game (3am kick-off) and the second game could be a stretch (6am), so unless the 'Skins play SNF (lunchtime Monday here) I'm not going to bother. I'll just get up, read the scores, find out we lost (again) and carry on with my day as if nothing is different.

Last edited:
It doesn't help when after the game, you have players saying that the Colts played harder than us.

Crank up the DJ at practice and let start wearing costumes at practice.

Did this happen this week? I must have missed it with all the Florence stuff.

I didn't see any of the game, and I live half a world away, but it was obvious at the time the Colts were harder than the 'Skins. You don't have to be a brainiac to know that!

If your opposition is harder at it than you, do something about it!

I didn't see any of the game, and I live half a world away, but it was obvious at the time the Colts were harder than the 'Skins. You don't have to be a brainiac to know that!

If your opposition is harder at it than you, do something about it!

It fell 100% on coaching. After the game last week, I heard Norval Gruden... finally walking like a peacock after being 1-5 on game 1's now... say "How's my record in week 2?"

Should have expected there would be zero effort in this game because it comes from the coach. The stands showed it, too.

Nick

We hear this same stuff every year,after every loss. That's a direct reflection on the Head Coach and his ability to motivate these guys.

If you can't be motivated to show up at home in the home opener then you're just here to cash a check and go home.

The Redskins win one game and all of a sudden it's like they think they've arrived. Crank up the DJ at practice and let start wearing costumes at practice.

Belichick wouldn't let that fly with his team. Jay's seemingly fine with it. Someone in chat said someone needs to be cut to make a point.

Jay has no sack,so don't expect it.

Wether the pats players admit or not the Jacksonville played harder than the pats

Did this happen this week? I must have missed it with all the Florence stuff.

Trent Williams and the linemen wore shirt and ties under their practice jerseys....to let everyone know they were all business for the Colts.
It worked, Cause they blocked like they belonged behind a desk.

The attendence at FedEx was the lowest in the stadium's history. Only 57013 fans showed up. The lowest was back in 2015 at 76512. This franchise needs to look at itself or we are going to get even lower stadium numbers to the point they are playing to a empty stadium.

It looked less than even half that on TV.

Snyder got some issues.

It looked less than even half that on TV.

Snyder got some issues.

57k would surprise me.

We had both the Packers home game on and the Skins home game on at the same time (dual screening it! :D) and the difference between the two was stark.

Lambeau was packed. If FedEx was half full I'd be surprised.

I have to agree with Boone, it's week to week in this league. Players saying there was a lack of energy is on Gruden no doubt. You'll never convince me Gruden is the answer after showings like this, being it's been extremely common during his tenure. If not for the Pukes getting the win over the Giants, we'd be in first place. Nobody looks impressive through two weeks in our division excepting us last week, and there is a lot of ball to play. Anything can happen to any of our opponents, so I don't look to far in advance, and worry about games till there a week away . Teams could be completely different by the time we play them. I think the hurricane had something to do with the attendance to be honest, and I don't understand how Snyder is brought into the conversation. He's let Gruden pretty much have his way with dam near everything for most of his time here. Blame Gruden for the less then wonderful product on the field hurting attendance.

Yes, I'm a moron and edited my schedule comment boo boo....

Last edited:
Ryan Kerrigan.

Through two games, he hasn't even recorded a solo tackle.

Somebody get his face on a milk carton so we can find out where he is.

I try not to go overboard in criticizing Gruden early in the season.

But Jeebus Frickin Chicken Wings!

Plan A was a monumental dud. So, after last week I'm hoping, "maybe this will be the game when he comes up with an effective Plan B".
Might as well try to hold a Unicorn round up. Gruden, and Callahan, had no friggin clue how to handle the Colts line stunts. Our guys looked prepared for a company picnic. Not for football. Gruden and his staff got bitch slapped by a rookie coaching staff.

The defense eventually came around. And, 21 points shouldn't be that hard to handle at home.

One note: Dear Manusky, when the opponent is facing a 3rd & 12 from inside their own 5yd line, playing prevent defense, 10+yds off the ball, is a losing effort.

If I were to preempt BB's game grades, I'd give every player position a C. They made the best of a Mickey Mouse effort by the coaching staff.

And that coaching staff gets an F-, squared, times 4,672.

The Bingo caller was no worse.

Of course, we'll probably look like world beaters next week. Unless the Pack uses the Colts defensive strategy. Very little faith Gruden/Callahan can learn what a dline stunt is by then.

I will say this first: In any given season you almost always lose a game you shouldn't lose and win a game you shouldn't win. It is possible that this is the 'lose a game you shouldn't lose' game for us.

That said, I doubt it. The NFL is not a week to week league. The Redskins are a week to week team. That's what 8-8 teams are. This was a quintessential Norv Turner game. After a dominating win, swagger into what looks like a gimme of a game and struggle for no apparent reason. I call this a 'we should be crushing these guys' game, because in the Olden Days when I still really cared I would scream that at the TV. Now my wife simply has to look at my face during the game and say 'you should be crushing those guys?' and I just smile and nod.

Ok, this is my breakdown: Our defense played fine. Andrew Luck is going to get 21 points against most teams, and he was on the field a lot. Sure we could have played better on defense, but it wasn't horrible and wasn't why we lost. Our offense was terrible, specifically, our offensive line. They got manhandled all day by a bunch of guys I've never heard of. Either they were out-coached or they didn't bother to show up. Either way, if that's how they are going to play for the rest of the season we'll win about four games. We HAVE to be able to protect Smith and HAVE to be able to run the ball because we have no WRs on this team. They are terrible. They didn't get out-coached or out-hustled. They are terrible. Doctson is a big fat bust. My God, he's awful. Richardson did not magically turn into a top-notch starter here (surprise surprise). He's a 50 catch, 700 yard guy who will get you a big play now and then. Crowder is Crowder. You can survive with a pedestrian group like that but your OL HAS to play well and you HAVE to be able to run the ball. Have I said that? :)

Going forward, the defense needs to keep doing it's thing, and the offense has to control the line of scrimmage, put together long drives with short passes and big runs that end in touchdowns. We'll see.

Regarding the attendance ... my son has been a huge Redskin fan for the past 6 years or so, a far bigger fan than I. He turns 13 in a couple weeks. I offered to take him to a Redskin game for his birthday, and he declined. We're going to a Wizards game instead.

Last edited:
This was the first time in ages I really didn't watch the 2nd half, the game was on but I was busy doing other things that were far more productive than watching this pile of garbage. This was pathetic, this was the type of game that questions paying for Sunday Ticket and even questions whether or not I can continue to care. Our defense while not stellar did show up, our offense, our coaches, wtf were you hungover from last weeks win over what appears to be a dreadful Cardinals team. Football is week to week, who knows maybe we won't completely s*** the bed against the Pack but my ability to get remotely excited that we'll be competitive died Sunday, but hell fandom is like Lazarus sometimes, maybe the team will play well and restore that.

I genuinely feel bad for those who invest as much as I once did or more into this team, especially guys like Boone who leave it out there every year. John, i cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am year in and year out by your perpetual optimism with this team. I think it might be time to divest a little of that energy you have in the team, and make more honey. :) In all seriousness, it's guys like you who I feel terrible knowing how much you've invested. I could see it in the chat room yesterday, you were pissed.

I am at a different place, I am done throwing chairs through the wall, or breaking my hand because I punched something, or being so animated during a game my family does not want to be in the room with me. Yesterday was the first time in years I can remember being in the same room with my entire family while I watched the game. I simply don't care enough anymore.

I was looking forward to this season, it was the enthusiasm of you guys here that sold me. I wanted to be excited for the Skins and was giving the NFL another chance at my viewership. Mostly, over the past 2 weeks it's been bad weather so going out and doing something with the kids "could" be over looked for the game.

Next week? I am going to eat crabs with the Governor of Maryland. Maybe after the bye, I'll invest a little more time...maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.