• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Good riddance to the 2017 NFL Season.

A bad, bad year for the team. Losing season. Sucked in the division. Had to watch the Eagles win the Super Bowl. Not to mention a year filled with all the short bus players kneeling during the National anthem, for ignorant BS reasons. And, WTF is a catch?

On to 2018. Which has started on a good note. (Depending on who you ask)

We've eliminated our 2nd biggest problem, the QB position.
We've started to re-sign some of our necessary FA's. Hopefully more to come.
We'll get back a ton of players from the IR.

Need to keep the forward momentum going.

Here's a thought for you...

The Eagles BACKUP Quarterback just won the Superbowl MVP trophy.

Wonder who they roll out as Starter next year. Wentz was their man this year, but to have a team BENCH a Superbowl MVP the year after he won it.

Meanwhile... Welcome to the Skins Alex Smith :D

If the NFL doesn't fix this catch nonsense...

Does ruling the receiver a runner then change the stats? That catch alone, was it a two-yard rushing TD (the point where the fumble was recovered) instead of a receiving TD? The NFL gets so pseudo-intellectual with this crap and muddies the waters for the sake of muddying them.

Like a fumble that goes out of the end zone becomes a touchback. Just plain stupid.

Especially curious how a backup QB winning a Super Bowl after the GOAT had a costly brain-fart or two affects the QB market.

Watching the game last night...if that doesn't highlight how much line play matters, I don't know what will.

Please Redskins, fix LG and get one more stout D lineman to go along with Allen and Ioannidis.

Let's get back to pushing people around instead of us getting pushed around.

Watching the game last night...if that doesn't highlight how much line play matters, I don't know what will.

Please Redskins, fix LG and get one more stout D lineman to go along with Allen and Ioannidis.

Let's get back to pushing people around instead of us getting pushed around.

Amen brother. Amen.

what a horrible problem to have.

I was thinking about it as the game wound down. What if Foles wins MVP?

ntotoro is right, does this effect the QB market?

Will the Eagles keep both or try to shop Foles now his value is sky high? "Roll up, roll up, what will you give us for the current SBLII MVP?"

And if that were to hypothetically happen would we have preferred Foles to Smith?
Would a team in the market for a QB now prefer Cousins or Foles?
He's young and he looked pretty sharp last night (albeit to my sleep deprived eyes) so he'll get offers I'm sure. I think it's the last season of his contract next year so it might behoove the Eagles to trade him now and go with Wentz for the future.

You're right. Nice problem to have.

Will the Eagles keep both or try to shop Foles now his value is sky high? "Roll up, roll up, what will you give us for the current SBLII MVP?"

And if that were to hypothetically happen would we have preferred Foles to Smith?
He's young and he looked pretty sharp last night (albeit to my sleep deprived eyes) so he'll get offers I'm sure. I think it's the last season of his contract next year so it might behoove the Eagles to trade him now and go with Wentz for the future.

You're right. Nice problem to have.

SOMEONE will have interest in Foles, and it would require a trade to make it happen... If it goes down, that's 1 less team to sign Kirk. This well is going to continue to dry up after the draft too. Kirk better be careful, because starting QB positions are going to start getting filled... at a lot less $$ thank Kirk wants.

No guarantee Wentz will be ready to start the season. They have to keep Foles until Wentz is ready, or the morons in Philthy will burn their own city to the ground. Then, before the trade deadline, see if there's somebody who lost their QB for the year willing to give up even more.

10,000 times, no.
To answer your question, with a question...Of the 2, which one showed up and played lights out in 3 straight "Biggest Game of Their Life" situations? And which one shit his pants every time he was in a lesser "big" game situation?

No guarantee Wentz will be ready to start the season. They have to keep Foles until Wentz is ready, or the morons in Philthy will burn their own city to the ground. Then, before the trade deadline, see if there's somebody who lost their QB for the year willing to give up even more.

I would have a hard time believing they would turn down a possible top draft pick knowing how well that team is set up. It wouldnt surprise me if the Jets or Browns didnt go after him... hard. Cleveland has a good number of draft picks this year, could get interesting.

I would have a hard time believing they would turn down a possible top draft pick knowing how well that team is set up. It wouldnt surprise me if the Jets or Browns didnt go after him... hard. Cleveland has a good number of draft picks this year, could get interesting.
Trust me, the vindictive SOB part of me would rather see Foles get a bigger better contract than the Greedy Lying Bastard.

But you're right, it could get real interesting.

Foles seems like a system QB outside of that system he isn't that good. Good in the right system but let another team take its chance

Well, having a coach that's willing to change his system/approach during the bye week before the divisional playoff is a plus too.

We're stuck with a rigid system guy who has to rely on being lucky.

Take it for what it's worth, it was NFLN ticker news, but reports are surfacing that the Skins are considering tagging Cousins for a trade.

WTF?!??!?!

If Doug Pederson's performance over his first couple of seasons in Philly, not to mention his incredible performance in the playoffs doesn't convince us, i dont know what will...

We need a front office overhaul, they walked the fine line between quality FA signings, and good draft picks. Bruce Allen and Doug Williams are NOT the answer.

We need an all around, quality HC...one who knows how to manage a clock, knows how to make in game adjustments, and knows how to demand discipline from their players.

I am so tired of watching teams on a life line turn things around while we remain in the doldrums.

Take it for what it's worth, it was NFLN ticker news, but reports are surfacing that the Skins are considering tagging Cousins for a trade.

WTF?!??!?!

Welcome to the party pal!

This unsubstantiated storyline has been going on since Friday. Nothing but rumor at this point. Nobody knows if it's true, or what possibilities actually exist. Everyone who hates the FO has already tried and convicted the FO of raping their children, and sentenced them to death by stoning.

The rest of us are waiting until something actually happens before wiggin out. lol

Welcome to the party pal!

This unsubstantiated storyline has been going on since Friday. Nothing but rumor at this point. Nobody knows if it's true, or what possibilities actually exist. Everyone who hates the FO has already tried and convicted the FO of raping their children, and sentenced them to death by stoning.

The rest of us are waiting until something actually happens before wiggin out. lol

yeah, the prayer is that the deal is worked out during the tag period... and nothing becomes official until Kirk is officially a member of another football team, with the report of our compensation being a part of it.

Ax isn't an ass.

How is it the young kids say it?

He's just not "woke" when it comes to Bruce and the Front Office.

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.