• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I see no way that this could work out positively for the team. It seems childish of them.
If they can somehow control the situation, and get something for the Greedy Lying Bastard, how in the world could that not be a positive for the team. Both sides in this thing have made it abundantly clear that they don't give a rats ass about the other side. We don't owe his sniveling ass nothing. I'd love to send him to Cleveland. I'd take a 7th rd pick if that's all I could get. Now, it's risky for us. Have to have a deal in place before making the move. Not sure what happens if he wouldn't sign the tag. I think he'd have to sit out the year. Which, he can afford to do after stealing $43mil from us. **** him. If we can get something, without risking anything, that can't be anything but a positive.

Well, unless you're just looking for any excuse imaginable to criticize the FO. Without knowing any of the details involved.
(See below)

Do we even have a GM? Because right now this Front Office acts like two kids trying to figure out Franchise Mode on Madden.

Scot McCloughan is now a personnel consultant for the Browns.

Definitely my pick for "most improved" team next year. Even before this news.

They have an insane amount of high draft picks.

If they can somehow control the situation, and get something for the Greedy Lying Bastard, how in the world could that not be a positive for the team. Both sides in this thing have made it abundantly clear that they don't give a rats ass about the other side. We don't owe his sniveling ass nothing. I'd love to send him to Cleveland. I'd take a 7th rd pick if that's all I could get. Now, it's risky for us. Have to have a deal in place before making the move. Not sure what happens if he wouldn't sign the tag. I think he'd have to sit out the year. Which, he can afford to do after stealing $43mil from us. **** him. If we can get something, without risking anything, that can't be anything but a positive.

Well, unless you're just looking for any excuse imaginable to criticize the FO. Without knowing any of the details involved.
(See below)

I'll let Keim break it down and save myself a lot of keystrokes-

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington...kins-trade-kirk-cousins-dont-hold-your-breath

Definitely my pick for "most improved" team next year. Even before this news.

They have an insane amount of high draft picks.

They've had high picks for the last several years and are still 1-31 over the last two. Even winning three games is a huge improvement.

Choice 1: Let Cousins walk and get a third round compensatory pick next year.

Choice 2: Grovel like a scorned spouse, risk not even being able to take part in free agency this season, and show every current player and future potential FA that this organization is complete garbage and they should never sign here.

Your move Bruce.

Choice 1: Let Cousins walk and get a third round compensatory pick next year.

Choice 2: Grovel like a scorned spouse, risk not even being able to take part in free agency this season, and show every current player and future potential FA that this organization is complete garbage and they should never sign here.

Your move Bruce.

Plus if they use the transition tag and another team makes an offer that we won't match we lose the expected compensatory pick.

Plus if they use the transition tag and another team makes an offer that we won't match we lose the expected compensatory pick.

They've definitely painted themselves into a corner.

They've had high picks for the last several years and are still 1-31 over the last two. Even winning three games is a huge improvement.

I've felt the same as you about the Browns for the last 20 years. Always a huge joke, regardless if they had 32 first round picks.

But I really do believe it's different this time:

1. A crazy amount of high draft picks to utilize.

2. Someone on staff (McLovin) who can use them.

3. Keeping McLovin in a job with less responsibility, instead of making him the GM to see if he can beat the bottle. Very smart.

4. Removing that joke Sashi from the GM spot. Just removing anyone named "Sashi" from a football team has to be good for 3 wins, right?

If McLovin can stay sober and if/when they make a push for Gruden, I'll become a fan.

McLovin, in hindsight, has whiffed on a whole lot here, though. That's why I don't think things will be too, too different.

And McLovin isn't exactly high on Cousins, so...
Well, they can pass on Barkley, now. Matt Jones finds a home. Maybe we can trade Cravens too.

I'll let Keim break it down and save myself a lot of keystrokes-
Yeah, already saw that. Doesn't mean we can't explore the possibilities.

For all we know this is just being thrown out there to elicit a proposal from someone. nothing to get worked up over at this point.

For all we know this is just being thrown out there to elicit a proposal from someone. nothing to get worked up over at this point.

They're a year too late.

The idea that they don't seem to know the risk involved and are floating this idea after trading for Smith, smacks of incompetence.

You've made your decision,made your move, now live with it and move on.

Smart Front Offices seem to always be a step ahead of things. That doesn't happen around Redskins Park much these days.

They're a year too late.

The idea that they don't seem to know the risk involved and are floating this idea after trading for Smith, smacks of incompetence.

You've made your decision,made your move, now live with it and move on.

Smart Front Offices seem to always be a step ahead of things. That doesn't happen around Redskins Park much these days.

If they're just floating it out there through a reporter for a day or two then it probably won't cause much damage inside the locker room.

Now if Bruce confirms that he's actually thinking about it a month from now, you know we're in trouble.

The sane move is to let Cousins go, get rid of the controversy and recoup the #3 pick we just sent to Kansas City in re the compensatory pick.

But there is this strain running through the organization since Snyder bought it that has this nasty edge to it in regards to being spiteful towards certain players and coaches that don't embrace being here and want out.

This is what happened with Shanahan. Snyder supposedly hired him to turn the organization around and be the face of a new future and instead immediately proceeded to jump the shark by coming up with the deals for first McNabb and then the disastrous trade up for Griffin that sold our future away for a quarterback that played in a 'jolly simple' offense in college and didn't have the first clue about how to become a qb at the next level.

Those moves helped to undermine Shanahan, who rolled with the punches, but was obviously not the one who came up with these trades.

And then when it all blew up in the end it was the coach that was vilified on his way out of town while Snyder moved on to his next victim, Gruden.

Explore the possibilities? :laugh:

The time to do that was before the 2017 draft when we could have dealt Cousins for decent compensation and MOVE ON.

But the Redskins don't do things that way, they don't accept what IS and then make the proactive move.

They wait till the absolute last act of the play to then admit they are holding a pair of deuces.

Then we go out and finally acquire another quarterback in Smith.

Last edited:
The sane move is to let Cousins go, get rid of the controversy and recoup the #3 pick we just sent to Kansas City in re the compensatory pick.

A six-year-old can see this.

Let's just pray that Bruce can too.

Hard to determine who would have the leverage in this scenario (where Cousins get's franchise tagged)? Reason I have a hard time seeing it is that it would only make sense if Cousins were truly looking for the biggest paycheck and didn't care what team it came from. Then you might be able to create a situation where 1 team is willing to pay through the nose to come out on top and get him.

But I'm sensing that Kirk really wants to go to Denver and that Denver really wants him. In that scenario, the only leverage the Skins have is that they could force Kirk to remain on the team for another year. That IS leverage - but we aren't going to be crippled in FA just to be spiteful.

I think this is a bunch of noise. The team almost certainly has *discussed* the possibilities (as they should) but that's not the same thing as a plan to carry it out.

A six-year-old can see this.

Let's just pray that Bruce can too.

Only caveat is that there may be an angle that the media/experts haven't thought of...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.