• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Thomas plays like a cheetah, Doctson like an antelope.

Doctson plays like a timid lamb.

He and Su'a Cravens May be great athletes but supposedly McCloughan was also looking for natural football players.

Neither of these guys seems to have that fire/passion for the game.

They are quiet, thoughtful but seemingly way too sensitive to the pressure of playing at this level.

Receptions:

Tds

After his first four years, Bulldog must've thought Art Monk was a bust and played like a lamb too......

Art Monk was a rookie of the year candidate. He started from Day 1 with no issues and his 58 catches as a rookie set a record for the franchise and were the most since Charley Taylor was an active player.

So, no there is no comparison.

In the 1970's and early 1980's, before the passing rules were changed twice, a receiver who had 50 plus catches was often a #1 receiver and a guy in the 60's or 70's was an all-pro.

You didn't have guys with 110 catches and 1,500 yards receiving in 1980.

Let's look at Docston. He has a problem staying on the field. That is an issue.

Then there are the hands. He dropped what would have been the winning TD pass in the end zone against the Chiefs and those questionable hands continued to plague the offense all the way through the last game of the season.

You never really knew if Docston was going to catch the ball regardless of how well thrown the pass was.

He more or less became an Alvin Harper, a guy you send deep to draw off coverage and throw a jump ball to.

Meanwhile, the team had to count on Chris Thompson, Vernon Davis and Jamison Crowder to convert first downs and make the key grab at critical times.

In addition to his questionable hands, Cooley confirmed what my eyes were seeing - Docston didn't run consistent routes.

As a staple of the WCO, we couldn't throw the slants and crosses to Doctson because he so far has failed to learn how to leverage the defensive back so that the DB doesn't get the inside position on him to have a chance to break up the pass or make the interception.

So, and this is not my opinion alone, this guys is very raw and quite a ways from being a wideout a quarterback can count on to help be the 'engine' of the offense.

And the team IMO will confirm that by bringing in a veteran wide receiver in the offseason whether Cousins stays or not.

The international series games are announced live on fb today at 1545hrs (Uk time) and there are little rumblings that the Redskins could be involved again. Has there been any speculation on your side of the pond. Another thing, does it even register over there when the fixtures are announced?? Or do you guys pretty much ignore it??
Knightingale - I've read on NFLUK forum that we might be one of the teams, more likely the eagles though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The international series games are announced live on fb today at 1545hrs (Uk time) and there are little rumblings that the Redskins could be involved again. Has there been any speculation on your side of the pond. Another thing, does it even register over there when the fixtures are announced?? Or do you guys pretty much ignore it??
@Knightingale - I've read on NFLUK forum that we might be one of the teams, more likely the eagles though.

I saw on Twitter this morning that it was possible we could be having a game there. But I couldn't tell if that was some insider knowledge or just that it was possible for any team that hadn't been announced could be going.

People definitely follow it here.

Was keeping tabs on an announcement. Alas no return visit :(
So still gonna save my pennies for a DC visit in a couple of years. :)

What are you talking about Knight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ass/u/ming the ‘Skins playing another game across the pond.

Ahhh ... gotcha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I hadn't assumed, I was just interested to see who the teams were and there was a little hope in there too. LOL

My wife was really hoping for the Packers to come over this year, but I figured that was unlikely too.

I've always had a long term plan to save my pennies and get out to DC for my 50th birthday (a couple of years away!) and see the Skins play at home. I'm glad I got to catch them playing at Wembley, but actually seeing them play a home game is the dream. It's kind of odd that I've only actually seen the team in person once, despite being a fan for some thirty-four years. My hope is that by the time I get out there to see them (and take a look around Washington, I'd make a little holiday of it!) then the team MIGHT just be good.

This my friends it the basis for my eternal optimism. LOL

You make it to DC, and some BGO guys I know are going to take care of you :)

That was me ass/u/ming your intent... hence the slashes being uber necessary... :joker:

Kevin Carberry, Assistant OL coach - departing for the Stanford head coaching job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.