• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

with due respect to the injuries, the Giants offense managed to dominate this game with waiver wire acquisitions on the offensive line, practice squad players at wide receiver and freakin' Orleans Darkwa doing his best Christian Okoye impersonation :laugh:

an upper echelon quarterback on this team today would have carried the Redskins to a victory.

Cousins threw 3 awful picks against the #31 rated defense in the NFL in 2017.

We've lost backups too.

We've played offense with backs who were signed on Monday along with OL positions too.

It would be one thing if it was a starter or two and then one or two backups were lost. That's not the case here.

There's just not enough talent in the cupboard to overcome what this team has been through injury wise.

The ‘Skins just lost to a 2-13 team with two rookie Tackles. I don't care if we have Mother Teresa playing DT, we shit the bed. End of story. Gnats had nothing to play for. The team was badly prepared, had no spark and a QB with a rating of 30 who wants to be the highest player in the league.

When did any of those “4,000 Yard” guys pitch a 30?

Things I've learned since the advent of the internet and messageboards:

Finding a Franchise Qb is very easy.

Doesn't matter how much talent you lose, street free agents should be expected to perform at the same level as their lost counterparts.

No excuse for not making the playoffs every year, regardless of your talent level.

The ‘Skins just lost to a 2-13 team with two rookie Tackles. I don't care if we have Mother Teresa playing DT, we shit the bed. End of story. Gnats had nothing to play for. The team was badly prepared, had no spark and a QB worh a rating of 30 who wants to be the highest player in the league.

AJ Francis is an awesome DT then?

Talent level does not matter. Right?

I guess that's why nobody worried when Jonathan Allen went down? Or Zach Brown? Or heck, even Phil Taylor going down before the season, right?

Doesn't matter that before Jonathan Allen was even drafted, most on this board said the Dline was trash, Ioannidis was to many, a bust and that the signnings of McGee and McLain were questionable.

As much as you guys hate hearing it, talent matters. We have very little of it.

with due respect to the injuries, the Giants offense managed to dominate this game with waiver wire acquisitions on the offensive line, practice squad players at wide receiver and freakin' Orleans Darkwa doing his best Christian Okoye impersonation :laugh:

an upper echelon quarterback on this team today would have carried the Redskins to a victory.

Cousins threw 3 awful picks against the #31 rated defense in the NFL in 2017.

That was easily Kirk's worst performance in 2 seasons. In a game that could prove to be your last, to bring that kind of effort to the table - it's pathetic. I am willing to give a lot of consideration to the overall season results due to the injuries and tough schedule. But neither Gruden nor Cousins (or for that matter, anyone else who was on the field today) deserve any excuses.

And lost to a 2-13 team. Talent matters, but everyone at this level has a degree of talent. Giants had two rookie Tackles making their first ever starts and we got torched for a 75 yard run TD.

The team was badly prepared, period. KC1 shit the bed. Again. A 30 QB rating against a team with injuries in its secondary and the 31st-ranked Defense is inexcusable.

The ‘Skins just lost to a 2-13 team with two rookie Tackles. I don't care if we have Mother Teresa playing DT, we shit the bed. End of story. Gnats had nothing to play for. The team was badly prepared, had no spark and a QB with a rating of 30 who wants to be the highest player in the league.

I think we're talking different things. There are plenty of valid reasons why the 2017 season wasn't a better one - things well beyond the team's control. But giving up the New Orleans lead, and the two bad losses against the Cowboys and Chargers - and then today - those performances were just inexcusable.

If for no other reason, the Redskins owed it to their fans today to show up and play hard and beat a woeful Giants team, instead of making us watch a bunch of Giants fans celebrating on New Year's Eve from a near empty stadium.

Pathetic.

And a less talented, just as injured team, with a washed up QB, and an interim head coach, just gave Gruden and Stat Boy the Ned Beatty treatment.

But their injuries and lack of talent doesn't count.

But ours does, I guess.

Yes, this loss is on Kirk, his receivers and Gruden.

No excuse for the failure in the offense's one strength, the passing game, that's carried that side of the ball 3 yrs straight.

Kirk missing guys, guys dropping passes and running wrong routes. That's the main culprits today.

Giants players were playing for their jobs. They just saw their new GM drop the hammer(novel concept) on two starters who said they were mailing it in and it put the team on notice.

Meanwhile, we have Bruce Allen.

I think we're talking different things. There are plenty of valid reasons why the 2017 season wasn't a better one - things well beyond the team's control. But giving up the New Orleans lead, and the two bad losses against the Cowboys and Chargers - and then today - those performances were just inexcusable.

If for no other reason, the Redskins owed it to their fans today to show up and play hard and beat a woeful Giants team, instead of making us watch a bunch of Giants fans celebrating on New Year's Eve from a near empty stadium.

Pathetic.

Those four games are a quarter of the season and symptomatic of more than just injuries.

Right, talent matters. So, while the Redskins are without Allen, Brown and others the point being made is that the Giants on offense were SIMILARLY challenged.

No Beckham, Sterling Shepherd, Brandon Marshall. 3 of their season opening OL were not on the field.

So, to me this in large measure was an even match up, if not a slight edge to Washington given they had won their last two while the Giants lost a number in a row.

I don't accept the excuses.

Cousins threw 3 ugly picks.

These were not throes where his arm was hit as he threw or where guys batted the ball up for deflections.

One ball was so under thrown it looked as if the Giants corner was the intended receiver.

On the last pick the Giants defender read Cousins eyes and stepped in front for an easy interception.

Again, as we evaluate Cousins and his contract you ask if given the circumstances he should have played better and perhaps lead this team to a win.

In my mind the top 4-5 qbs in the league would have helped the Redskins win this game outright.

You may disagree, but all Manning had to do after the first half was not turn the ball over, the Redskins offense was not a real threat today.

I can't remember the last time a qb threw for 132 yards as Manning did and see their team win the game.

And a less talented, just as injured team, with a washed up QB, and an interim head coach, just gave Gruden and Stat Boy the Ned Beatty treatment.

But their injuries and lack of talent doesn't count.

But ours does, I guess.

We have the same dolts in the front office/scouting dept that have picked players here for the last 17 years.

One would think that might be a problem?

Yeah yeah yeah. Bruce is a boob and Dan is the debil.

So records matter with players but not GM and owners?

Scott Campbell and all his scouts need to go.

Doug Williams says that Doug Williams would struggle assembling Lincoln Logs, much less a team.

But you keep the faith that the same scouting dept and GM/President that brings you .408 ball, will have an epiphany and get it right!

Keep the faith Ax! Especially when we go 2-14 with Colt McCoy under center next year.

"It was like olden times again!"- Forrest Gump

BTW, Dave Gettleman has already started to put a stamp on his new team by already taking out the trash. Wonder when Bruce is gonna start?

Oh there's plenty of time to be upset.

It'll be fun watching the Giants pass us in the standings as their new GM rebuilds them while Bruce looks to enhance Harvest Fest.

Yeah yeah yeah. Bruce is a boob and Dan is the debil.

But... wait... Bruce is a boob. It was well known he wasn't a personnel guy, as evident while with Tampa. Lose Bruce, and the dynamic of this team changes instantly. Doesn't matter who you bring in as the "GM" as long as Bruce is on the payroll. This team will be stuck in the middle of the pack as long as he's involved. My only issue with Snyder at this point is he won't cut Bruce lose...

Lets keep it friendly guys - only thing I'm sure of is that the Redskins lack of success isn't anyone here's fault :)

Today sucked. This season sucked. Not sure I'd use the Giants game as some all-encompassing barometer of where the franchise is - anymore than the Seattle road win should've given us playoff hopes. Any given Sunday - and this Sunday sucked.

But... wait... Bruce is a boob. It was well known he wasn't a personnel guy, as evident while with Tampa. Lose Bruce, and the dynamic of this team changes instantly. Doesn't matter who you bring in as the "GM" as long as Bruce is on the payroll. This team will be stuck in the middle of the pack as long as he's involved. My only issue with Snyder at this point is he won't cut Bruce lose...

Could've had Gettleman or Dorsey, two proven personnel guys.

Could've had Gettleman or Dorsey, two proven personnel guys.

We don't know that Gettleman is going to do shit in NY ... Eli Manning is almost done, and then they are in full rebuild mode. Today's result aside, I think the G-Men live in the NFC East cellar for the forseeable future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.