• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Looking thru the tie breaking procedure -
1st - Head -to-head; 2nd Conference Record; 3rd Best win/loss percentage against common opponents. Washington would finish @ 7-5 Conference record if they win out.

If Washington wins out to end with 10 wins and ties anyone at 10-6 the only ones they would beat are; Rams, Seattle on head-to-head & Carolina on conference record as they would end with a 6-6 conference record. Everyone else would win the 10-6 tie-breaker.

Philly, Vikes & Saints all win on head to head.

Green Bay & Atlanta would win on conference record. Packers are 5-6, would have to win out & they'd finish 8-4 in the conference. Falcons would finish 3-2 but would go 9-3 in the NFC.

Detroit on conference record or if the Skins tied them @ 7-5 the Lions get it on win/loss percentage with common opponents. Detroit finishes at 4-1 to get to 10-6. If that 1 loss was against an AFC team they finish the conference @ 8-4. If the loss is against an NFC opponent they win the 3rd tie breaker with a 3-2 record and Washington finishes at 2-2 against common opponents.

Yeah, enough possible scenarios to drive ya to drink.

Everything should be clearer, and simpler, in 3 weeks.

We cannot afford another loss. 10-6 could still have us on the outside looking in.

I like him... I admit my opinion of KC1 went up after reading that. He got baited more than once in that article (on various topics) and saw his way through it every time.

Nick

It will be interesting to see at LB.

Trent Murphy, Galette and Preston Smith are free agents so the club may very well need Ryan Anderson or another player on the outside for 2018.

In reference to his playing well/poorly, Chris Cooley's review was that Anderson is given limited reps because he hasn't shown himself to be instinctual on the field when he's out there. He gets out of position and isn't that strong on the edge as a run defender.

Smith is not a FA next year. This is just his 3rd year in the league. Now, having said that he and Anderson are like the only two LBs who aren't.

Brown, Foster, Compton, Gallete, and Murphy are all FAs in the spring.

The continuing BS about what the team should have done 2 years ago is based solely on 20/20 hindsight.

Now, we have an overpaid QB, greedy enough to believe he's worth even more.

No, he's not the only reason the team can't win the biggest games.

But he obviously hasn't been the reason they've won those games either. Even though he's being paid like one who has/did.

We will have to wait and see what his true agent advises. Oh, Lord.

Hey, Grant...where can I pre-order a Baker Mayfield jersey? Is that a done deal? Lol

His true agent is money.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Except when you try and claim that it isn't.

The continuing BS about what the team should have done 2 years ago is based solely on 20/20 hindsight.

My issue with that argument is those folks are even more shortsighted that the ones they mock. Imagine how much he'd be asking at the end of that contract.

Nick

I wasn't posting the link to talk about what should have been done in the past, but rather what are the best options going forward and their impact. That's assuming they want to try and keep Kirk.

I wasn't posting the link to talk about what should have been done in the past, but rather what are the best options going forward and their impact. That's assuming they want to try and keep Kirk.

IMO, Bruce Allen is just like his old man. Neither were a good judge of Qbs.

If an agreement is reached, it will be because Snyder steps in and overrules Bruce.

IMO, Bruce Allen is just like his old man. Neither were a good judge of Qbs.

If an agreement is reached, it will be because Snyder steps in and overrules Bruce.

I get the sense during this whole situation, Allen has been using an actuarial table to determine risk, possible payouts, etc.

The Redskins made a mistake two plus years ago in not wiping the RG3 mist out of their eyes in time to sign a better quarterback in Cousins to a decent deal.

But where we are now is where we are.

You don't simply give Cousins $31M a year and say ‘I'm sorry'.........

Because while Kirk is a good player we can see this year that without major weapons and a better than average supporting cast the Redskins won't be good enough.

The Packers without Rodgers are a crappy team. Less depth and talent than Washington.

But with Rodgers on the field they make it to the NFC title game with a converted wide receiver at running back and a former third round pick as the primary receiver.

We won't get that out of Cousins so we shouldn't pay him that kind of money.

It's really more about not committing cap suicide by just saying NO, even though there will be withdrawal pains.

So we let Kirk walk....vascillate between 4-12/6-10 for X amount of years until we find a QB that comes close to the level Kirk's on...and then when it comes time to pay the new guy, botch it all over again?

I'll say this: If Kirk walks and Dan Snyder doesn't fire Bruce Allen? That'd probably polish off what's left of the fanhood I have left.

I just saw Rappaport's piece on Kirk and the argument against Transtioning him, and he makes a valid point...he does not think Cousins is looking to break the bank, he understands that would tie up too much money for a team to be built around him.

We'll see.

As this season wears on, and from what I read about Cousins and his performance on the field, I have the feeling he gets signed to a 6 or 7 year deal with heavy guarantees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.