• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The Eagles extended Timmy Jernigan, who they acquired in the off-season, for four years. We should extend Zack Brown. Bruce?
They should but...

Hello? McFly!? Hello, Bueller? Buheller?

The Redskins will have their starting offensive line for the first time since Week 7 at Philadelphia. The Redskins have averaged 4.07 yards per carry with their starting line.

~ John Keim

Plus Ty is active so maybe he and Trent tag team.
Also, Griffen for the Vikes is out. Remmers also out but they've got pretty good depth there.

May seem like a silly stat, but I keep bringing it up after each game, because it continues to be insanely flawless.
Skins are 4-0 against West Coast teams.
and 0-5 against any non-West Coast team.

Good news is, we still get to play the Chargers, so we're guaranteed to be at least 5-11.

Last edited:
Redskins should have traded Terrelle Pryor back to the Browns at the deadline for a couple of reasons.

First, he has been and continues to be irrelevant to this offense. I think it is much more important to see what we have in Maurice Harris as he is 25 and could be part of the future here as opposed to Pryor who I don't think anyone believes will be back in 2018 given what we have seen.

As Jimmy Johnson used to preach, demand performance but if veterans don't provide it then it is time to move on by going younger and cheaper. Bellichick has taken this to the next step over the past 10 years in New England by uncannily trading guys or releasing them just as they are starting to decline or are failing to live up to their contracts.

Harris can catch the football, he can return kicks as well which lessens the wear and tear on Crowder. Since we still don't have a true #1 receiver identified, the guys we have in the slots next to and behind Doctson as he develops need to be able to contribute in other areas as well as in the passing game.

Pryor doesn't contribute anything if he is not catching passes.

The second reason I would have traded Pryor is reinforcing the truth about life in the NFL. There are only 16 games each season. If you want to make nice coin you have to produce when you are put in position to do so. Pryor has failed to produce at anything remotely approaching a starting wideout in the NFL.

Some of you may disagree but I honestly think the team is better off for the balance of the season with Brian Quick and Maurice Harris active on game days and forgetting all about Pryor.

So, what would the Redskins have gotten for Pryor? Perhaps a #6 pick.

But the team has found contributors over the years in the sixth round and again it reinforces to the rest of the team that there are consequences for not performing and affirming that we are going to put guys out there because they are competing not just because they have a contract.

In re today's game against the Vikings, it is a passing league.

When you finish the game with only 1 touchdown pass and a qb rating of 78.7 and combine that with a defensive effort that produced ZERO sacks in 60 minutes, it's usually a recipe for a loss.

What's really strange about this team is we never seem to rally and play our best at home.

Where there is an 'upset' game where the team overachieves it is in Seattle or in Dallas with Colt McCoy.

Meanwhile we lose in double digits at home to Philly and Dallas and are 0-3 in the division overall.

Just not the recipe for success.

Last edited:
What really happened with Pryor ?
He put up insane numbers on the worst team in the league, with 6 different, and inferior QB's throwin to him.
He even looked like he was going to pick up where he left off last year, by making unbelievable one-handed catches in this year's camp.
How do you possibly explain his disappearance. Is this offense confusing him somehow ?
I don't recall much else about last year's Brown's offense. Did they have another elite receiver, that was taking all the coverage off of Pryor, leaving him practically on an island ?

I would tend to agree but think it might be a tie with Allen. Those two together were doing a hell of a job, especially with the push in the middle giving opposing qb's no place to step up into.

I think it is telling that Allen and Ioannidis are clearly our best DL from Game 1 and yet we acquired two free agents in the offseason in McClain and McGhee that are on 4 year, $20M contracts and they look like replacement level or even below from a 'metrics' standpoint.

Obviously it's not safe now to put Harris back on the P.S.
So I'm curious to see if we keep 6 WR's on the 53 for the remainder of the season.
No other WR is eligible for PS, and cutting any of them would be hard to fathom, even if it's Pryor. Not sure they give up that quick on Pryor. Maybe we take a hit at another position, to keep 6 WR's.

I think what's the most annoying about last nights game is that we finally started to see the offense start humming. Yes there were some missed opportunities, but they did put up their biggest points total of the season so far.

Wasted on a night where the Defense gave up their biggest points total of the series so far. Bah!

The thing that sticks in my mind the most from yesterday was the giving up of HUGE pass plays to Keenum of all people. Josh Norman was right in his assessment of how they played. The Defenses worst game of the season by a long stretch. Let's hope that was a one off. Swearinger seemed to be the only one who came to play.

The positives are that the offense, with the O-line back, finally started looking pretty good. Doctson and Harris are the future now, unless Pryor uncorks something spectacular over the last 7 games he's done here.

Just a reminder guys, we are trying to move all specific game-related convo to that week's game thread, including post-game assessments/discussions. Not a big deal obviously, but the 'Random Redskins Thoughts' thread has sort of turned into a general discussion forum which was never the intent. If you want to talk about the game, do it in the game thread please.

I'm heading over there to make a few comments :)

Terrell Pryor looks to me to be suffering a crisis of confidence. He needs to be sat until injuries force his use. We are playing 10 on 11.

Dan Snyder's biggest accomplishment is losing a whole generation of potential Redskins fans.

As a kid growing up through the Glory Years of Gibbs 1.0, I thought that would be impossible.

Dan basically said "Hold my beer..."

Dan Snyder's biggest accomplishment is losing a whole generation of potential Redskins fans.

As a kid growing up through the Glory Years of Gibbs 1.0, I thought that would be impossible.

Dan basically said "Hold my beer..."

This is accurate. I haven't watched much football this season at all, and much of what I have watched has been accidental, not appointment. There are a number of reasons for this but of the biggest is that it has become harder and harder to justify time away from my family (kids specifically) to watch something I am the only one interested in. My kids couldn't care less about the Redskins as hard as I have tried to make that not the case.

I was in Elementary School through HS with Gibbs - pure formative sports-loving years. My kids were all in the Spurrier-Gruden years. They got excited at Gibbs II, RG3, etc, but haven't had anything able to sustain their excitement.

Yes. Although DP's nihilism is hard for me to embrace entirely, I can't argue with the core premise. And this makes me sad.

Nevertheless - SB XXXXLVIIILLVI - here we come!!!!!!

*** EDIT: Oh - and Love me a Goaldeje football post! Just sayin' :) ***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.