• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Agree with most of that - except the lack of pressure part. Just being in that stadium is 'pressure' - incredibly intense environment. You get a small sense of it hearing the crowd noise on TV. But without having been there it's hard to really appreciate how intense it is. We had to pull off an upset win against the Seahawks to have any chance of being relevant in the NFC. Had to. I think that's plenty of pressure.

Anyone else noticed that Kirk is talking these days as if he envisions being a Redskin long-term? Just something I've noticed (in stark contrast to his non-commital off-season statements). Specifically he was talking about Doctson and some of the younger players and how he expected great things to come down the road. Makes me think he will accept a reasonable deal, something I wasn't confident in at all going into the season.

The throw to quick was perfect. Identified the db coming up on the inside so put it over outside shoulder. The throw to Doctson could have been better. This isn't the first time Cousins had led a last scoring drive. He's had other ones that should have been game winners had the defense gotten a last min. Stop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I believe what Cousins actually said about Doctson after the game was that he “hoped” it was a sign of things to come.

That stadium is definitely a most difficult place to play. But...that defense isn't exactly the ‘Legion of Boom' from previous years. Still very good but not nightmare inducing.

Some good insight from Keim about the next 2 opponents. While they are going to be TOUGH games to win, and they each deserve the records they have, both of those teams have had the luxury of playing some bottom-feeder squads:
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington...ins-can-set-themselves-up-for-a-strong-finish

Another neat nugget from the article:
"Another stat that displays the difference in halves: The Redskins have played six games against quarterbacks ranked in the top 12 in total QBR and in the top 11 of passer rating. That's more than any team has faced, according to ESPN Stats & Information. In the second half of the season, they play only two."

Anyone else noticed that Kirk is talking these days as if he envisions being a Redskin long-term? Just something I've noticed (in stark contrast to his non-commital off-season statements). Specifically he was talking about Doctson and some of the younger players and how he expected great things to come down the road. Makes me think he will accept a reasonable deal, something I wasn't confident in at all going into the season.

We'll see what his agent has to say about that... :smile:

We'll see what his agent has to say about that... :smile:

705A1C12-D21E-448F-BC0B-89F38CACA1A5.jpeg
xx

Agree with most of that - except the lack of pressure part. Just being in that stadium is 'pressure' - incredibly intense environment. You get a small sense of it hearing the crowd noise on TV. But without having been there it's hard to really appreciate how intense it is. We had to pull off an upset win against the Seahawks to have any chance of being relevant in the NFC. Had to. I think that's plenty of pressure.
You're right, of course.

I should have been more specific. I was strictly talking about the pressure of being favored/expected to win. Like the Panthers and giants games last season.

While there is always pressure to win, as that is the ultimate goal in sports, the added pressure of expectations makes it worse. Given a snowball's chance in hell, we were kinda playing with house money. As long as we didn't lay an egg, there would be little criticism. But damn few of us believed we would win.

Redskins added 2 guys to Practice Squad today:

DL Tavaris Barnes
WR Keenan Reynolds

Dropped from their Practice Squad:

OL Givens Price
WR Shakeir Ryan

I believe what Cousins actually said about Doctson after the game was that he “hoped” it was a sign of things to come.

That stadium is definitely a most difficult place to play. But...that defense isn't exactly the ‘Legion of Boom' from previous years. Still very good but not nightmare inducing.

This version of LOB also played sans Earl Thomas on Sunday. His $2M backup, Bradley McDougald, should be able to pick up a lot of slack for that much money but he didn't and the Skins took advantage by being able to avoid Chancellor most of the day.

I wouldn't say I'm confident we will put on a good showing this week but looking at the Vikings record vs who they've played I think puts a better perspective on things.

Saints wk 1 - Win - Saints are a good team now, abysmal first 2 games
Steelers - Loss, they're a good team
Bucs - Win - yeah they're not very good
Lions - Loss - not a bad team in Detroit, middle of the road imo
Bears - Win - bad team
Packers - Win - No Rodgers - bad team
Ravens - Win - not a good team
Browns - Win - awful

Based on pure conjecture based on their schedule, we should have a very good chance to get the W this week, especially if our defense plays like it did last week.

Something I don't quite understand.
When the Skins and Boys were both hit with the huge and ridiculous cap penalty, Jerry Jones didn't want to mess with any appeal, I'm assuming because it could backfire on them, or us, if we chose to.
But with the Elliot case, which seemingly is a much smaller hit to the team, and probably no more unfair than the cap hit, Jones is going ballistic and threatening suing Goodell.

Maybe because the cap hits were instituted by a consortium of owners (competition committee iirc) and not the commissioner who works for the owners?

Something I don't quite understand.
When the Skins and Boys were both hit with the huge and ridiculous cap penalty, Jerry Jones didn't want to mess with any appeal, I'm assuming because it could backfire on them, or us, if we chose to.
But with the Elliot case, which seemingly is a much smaller hit to the team, and probably no more unfair than the cap hit, Jones is going ballistic and threatening suing Goodell.

Not just that, but did Jerruh threaten to sue when Tom Brady was suspended?
Did he threaten to sue after Bountygate?
It's his player and he suddenly has issue with Goodell's power.

Nick

Nice to see that Keenan is on the PS. There is potential for him as a WR and KR. And it is nice to have a Midshipman on the roster.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ents-made-kirk-cousins-may-hint-his-future-dc

Good video.
A few immediate things I noticed in it.

1. The coaches talking about which defensive backs you can throw it up on and let the WRs make a play.
2. Cousins saying the situation dictated it was time to take a chance and throw it out to someone.
3. Sherman joking with Cousins that Kirk bombed out his rook.

Kendall Fuller's brother, Corey, was waived by the Saints a few days ago.
We probably wouldn't even need to sign him, in order to get intel on the Saints game - maybe just a phone call from Kendall, will do.
And looking ahead to the Giants game, one has to wonder what kind of dumpster fire it will be like, by that time.
If they lose to the 9ers Sunday - Whooeee

Last edited:
Yeah - those are the exact comments that lead me to conclude the smart money is on Cousins staying in DC (short of an implosion on the field the rest of the way which I don't believe will happen). Thanks for the video link too - if you haven't watched the NFL Films clip you need to people :) Also loved Colt McCoy pumping Cousins up - what a class act that guy is.

The Eagles extended Timmy Jernigan, who they acquired in the off-season, for four years. We should extend Zack Brown. Bruce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.