• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't disagree, but you can get even the dumbest animal to turn tricks with the right motivation. Maybe I give pro players, even back ups, too much credit. I know I've seen it over time, where the bigger, faster, and stronger team fell to a team thought to be inferior because of their personnel, but the "inferior" team came out, and made a physical statement from the start that they weren't going to be bullied.

I don't know, maybe it's burgundy colored glasses, but I just can't be down on this game no matter how banged up the team is. Hey, our secondary got 50% better with Normal returning, and Kelly should be ready for a full work load this week. If Gruden doesn't panic, and runs throughout the game, we can beat Dallas. The biggest obstacle is containment on Dak. A less then intense rush will actually keep him behind the line..... Stack the box, make him throw the ball, and let the D backs do the rest.

Heard Mike Lombardi on 106.7 after being asked if the skins were dead. Had some good things to say; Eagles suffered significant injuries during Redskins victory. Wentz is probably the most sacked, hit quarterback in the league currently - it adds up. Season is determined late November/December and lots of Skins dings should be back.

Keep the faith!

Also been in business for going on 40 years - many times things don't necessarily go the way the employee wanted/thought/was promised. Management takes the hit - it's part of the job. Foster had a meeting with Bruce and said all is good - I think that is positive considering the circumstances. Foster was pissed that he figured he could attempt to meet incentives and Skins wanted him on IR/Surgery to fix - who is at fault here? No one - Bruce trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

I appreciate the positivity Pete and blandford. I'm usually filling that role myself. We could use some of that positivity in the chatrooms if you're around tomorrow :)

It's an important game. Team needs to show up and give it's best no matter who rolls out. Gotta have this one. Will make for a great week down here. :)

I'm not worried about the injuries. We still have the horses. As it were.

I worry more about the coach's ability to make do with what's available. There, my faith is thin.

This could be a slugfest in the mud that ends 10-7. Not hard at all to see us being the one's with 10.
If I EVER truly thought we didn't have a chance to win a game, I wouldn't watch.

'We still have the horses' feels like a driveby Ax. We are hurting bigtime on the OL - we're signing guys off the street for God's sake. Our defensive backfield has been devastated by injury. That's not having 'the horses'....

Faith, attitude, guts - it can only take you so far...

I believe the combination of improved 2nd string players, being coached by one of the best in the business in Callahan, are capable of handling the Cowboys. I mean Jesus, you talk like we're getting ready to face the Doomsday Defense of the 70's. It's not a drive by. It's refusing accept injury as an excuse for failure.

Again, I feel our coach's lack of a Plan B to be a bigger detriment than the injuries. We've had many times with a fully healthy line when the game plan flat out sucked. Maybe the injuries will force us to stop trying to be cute, and punch a MF'er in the mouth. Saying you believe in the "Any Given Sunday", and actually believing it, are two different things.

I believe it because I've seen it so many times. You never know when it will happen.

I love Callahan, but he isn't suiting up. I'm not discounting the possibility of a win. If you read some of the 20,000 words I've posted on the site today, you'll recognize that :) 'Refusing to accept' is fan-talk though. This isn't 'Unbroken' - it's a football game and talent on the field matters.

That being said - I'm 100% onboard with 'Any Given Sunday' - I preach it every weekend (often to jeers btw)...

So, you're saying the most talented team always wins?

Of course you're not. Because they don't.

It's whoever has the most points when the final whistle blows. ;)

Agreed. That doesn't make the talent on the field for any given game irrelevant though :)

Supposed to be a sloppy, wet day. Sets up great for our strong running game.

We have one thing going for us, seems to me. Every single objective assessment points to a clear Dallas advantage. Which leaves the distinct possibility that nobody has any real ****ing clue once again and we win anyway.

I watched these 3 videos from our home page. I feel better now.

The Skins defense, injuries and all, is still as good or better than the Dallas D. This game will come down to offensive execution.

There's always a chance we win.

But in order to win Sunday, this team will have to start playing smart.

Seen a stat the other day where Kirk Cousins is the best play action Qb in the league currently.

Jay needs to game plan accordingly and take advantage of that strength.

Focus on running the football and PA pass out of running formations.

Defense has to stop the run first,communicate and when it gets it's opportunities, get Prescott on the ground.

It will be very interesting to see this new street Oline on the field tomorrow.

I don't expect to win...my Redskins faith well is dry....but stranger things have happened.

You hear me Nick Novak?

It's really pretty simple. If we predictably run on first down we lose.

Show me something Jay. I believe.

I've watched the videos... I remember those gamess sthat I was at when at RFK... and I can't wait. Do I believe we'll win without doubt? No. Unfortunately. But it's Dallas... and playing at home... hopefully our fans show up and are loud. So anything can happen and that includes a Redskins win!

Right now I'm sick with bronchitis and a cough that could kill but I'm gonna be in chat for this one no matter what. I hate I missed the Philly game chat. Hope to see a good crowd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.