• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

In game chat, I said I didn't like that we called the timeout with 57 seconds to play. At the time I couldn't verbalize why, but John Keim's article help me understand why. http://www.espn.com/blog/washington...te-game-strategy-helped-chiefs-on-final-drive

It wasn't that we were taking a timeout to figure things out, but that we didn't run the clock down to help eliminate a chance at KC going down to tie/win. Yes, it might have reduced our options for getting a TD, but at that point knowing how our defense was playing I'd want to limit as much as possible any room for KC to be able to mount a drive after we scored....FG or TD.

Does Smith look offsides to you ?

No.jpg

I don't know Fear. The angle isn't the best, but what really strikes me is Smith isn't set. Look at how close together his feet are. Not a typical stance. Also, his left foot and leg are less focused as his right, indicating the foot was moving. Was he pulling his foot back in that frame, and one frame later the ball is snapped ? Tough to call, but it doesn't matter one way or another. Even if the league acknowledge it was a bad call, the outcome doesn't change so it doesn't make me feel any better. We hung in with what many call the best team in the league, and were never out of the game into the final minute. We can point to so many things that cost us the game, but we didn't look like the blithering idiots in prime time we normally do, so I'm about as pleased as I can be with a loss. This team looks to have started to turn the corner. I didn't expect the O to be even close to this productive due to Cousins normal slow starting. The progress is showing on the field, and if we can get healthy, I can see us in the fight for the division. I don't expect a real run at the playoffs, but if we continue to progress at the rate we have in one off season, and from week to week thus far, we could make some real noise.

When is the last time we didn't have a Sunday afternoon game three weeks in a row?

I don't know Fear. The angle isn't the best, but what really strikes me is Smith isn't set. Look at how close together his feet are. Not a typical stance. Also, his left foot and leg are less focused as his right, indicating the foot was moving. Was he pulling his foot back in that frame, and one frame later the ball is snapped ? Tough to call, but it doesn't matter one way or another. Even if the league acknowledge it was a bad call, the outcome doesn't change so it doesn't make me feel any better. We hung in with what many call the best team in the league, and were never out of the game into the final minute. We can point to so many things that cost us the game, but we didn't look like the blithering idiots in prime time we normally do, so I'm about as pleased as I can be with a loss. This team looks to have started to turn the corner. I didn't expect the O to be even close to this productive due to Cousins normal slow starting. The progress is showing on the field, and if we can get healthy, I can see us in the fight for the division. I don't expect a real run at the playoffs, but if we continue to progress at the rate we have in one off season, and from week to week thus far, we could make some real noise.

Miles, I think you are seeing one leg and one arm in that photo, not too legs. I think the blurry one is Smith's left arm in a white sleeve.

Okay, so I took a closer look at the pic, cleaned it up, and think Neo is correct, and it's his arm moving. I put the photo in question onto a grid, and squared up the end zone line to the grid. The grid line at Smith's toe shows only Hoods finger tips across my line, and Ioannidis is right on it. God only knows what they saw on this play.
line up.jpg
line up 2.jpg

The New York Football Giants are now 0-5.

For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home....and in honor of Henry......

Suck it Mara!

Former Skins OL coach Chris Foerster apparently has some issues...

I always felt like doing drugs watching our D - never occurred to me that the coaches might too.

Surprise, surprise - he's no longer a Dolphins coach. Man, that is just sad...

Why would you videotape yourself doing that ?
And then go on to make it available on social media ? What was he thinking ?
Was he high on drugs or somethin, when he made those decisions ?

Last edited:
I think he sent the video to a "model" in Las Vegas. She is the one that put the video out there for everyone to see. According to reports it was to show support for Kapernick.

I agree Flatline.

I don't see how an 8-7-1 football team ends up on primetime Sunday night (Raiders), Monday night primetime (Chiefs), and Monday night primetime (Eagles) ALL before the halfway point of the season.

One thing's for sure.

We aren't getting the breaks on the field the Eagles are.

61 yard walk off field goal by an undrafted rookie against the Giants?

Close shave win against the 0-4 Chargers.

The phantom fumble/touchdown against Cousins and the Redskins.

Well, things tend to even out over 16 games.

The Cowboys, Redskins and Giants have all suffered from early injuries. The Eagles have been healthy and will likely lose some guys along the way.

They are not an especially deep team.

We will see how they end up in December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.