• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

OT: Cowboys projected to be 31 million over next year's cap per Schefter.

@AdamSchefter Dallas now projected to be NFL-high $31 million over salary cap next year. One NFL exec called Dallas' cap situation in 2014 "a train wreck"

Against our defense, Peyton is going to put up 84 points on us. Maybe 87 with a field goal mixed in.

You can't stop Peyton, you can only contain him. We must match scoring possessions, and have the ball last to have any chance.

Against our defense, Peyton is going to put up 84 points on us. Maybe 87 with a field goal mixed in.

Nah. Our D certainly didn't play 48 minutes, but they played a good first half. They need to play well enough to keep it close and give our O a chance at the end.

Did I hear somewhere near the end of the game that Doughty had a concussion ?
I don't know if I'm imagining that, because I didn't see him come out of the game, but I vaguely thought I heard it somewhere.

Well one thing is for sure.... Doughty didn't hear it. :O

Brandon Meriweather is scum and needs to be cut. I'm aware we don't have any safeties on this team but I despise rooting for a dirty player.

I don't often wish ill on people but Meriweather has tried multiple times over the season to end other players careers with his head hunting, helmet to helmet dirty play. I hope he ends his own before he ends someone else's. It's not fair for a player to have their career put in jeopardy because the league and its coaches aren't smart enough to get rid of the players that play like this.

Brandon Meriweather is scum and needs to be cut. I'm aware we don't have any safeties on this team but I despise rooting for a dirty player.

I don't often wish ill on people but Meriweather has tried multiple times over the season to end other players careers with his head hunting, helmet to helmet dirty play. I hope he ends his own before he ends someone else's. It's not fair for a player to have their career put in jeopardy because the league and its coaches aren't smart enough to get rid of the players that play like this.

I wouldn't be surprised or "offended" if he got suspended this week. He'll no doubt incur a major ding to the paycheck hell maybe even 6 figures? :whoknows:

Yea, between the NFL trying to save face with their campaign against head injuries, and the fact that Mara and Goodell seem to have it out for us, there's no way they overlook this. I'm sure they nail him hard with a fine and suspension.

Fine's don't undo blows to the head and as far as I can tell they aren't stopping them either. Players like him need to be removed from the game.

The Brandon Meriweathers of the world are going to force the league to turn the game into two hand touch due to the amount of brain damage caused.

Yeah. Meanwhile he's trying to end as many careers of other players as possible.

With that off my chest, I'm going to bed while watching Manning destroy the colts.

My throat hurts.

Sam Bradford is done.
Wouldn't it be ironic if we could get that other 1st round pick right back from the Rams from the RG3 trade, by swapping Cousins ?

Highly unlikely. The Rams weren't on track to make the playoffs. Unless they are ready to give up on Bradford as their starter next season.

Highly unlikely. The Rams weren't on track to make the playoffs. Unless they are ready to give up on Bradford as their starter next season.

I don't think it's likely they trade for Cousins, but I think it's time they stop screwing around with Bradford. He shows signs every once in a while, just enough "progress" to tease the staff and fans into thinking everything has clicked, and then reverts the following game.

My God. That horrifying sentence just described life as a Redskins fan for the past 20 years, before Griff. I'd like, here and now to publically rededicate my fandom to Robert Griffin III and pledge my support as long as he wears a Skins jersey.

I feel so crappy complaining, especially because it falls into one of those categories where people use hindsight to criticise an 'in-the-moment' decision made by a person they could never be in a position they could never handle, but...

I like griffin running. I liked it last year. I thought the criticism was... misplaced or unwarranted. I thought it was what made griffin special, I thought it was made this team dangerous to play against.

But there's a fine line between griffin taking off and making the defense not leave open space hanging out in the middle of the field, and griffin exposing himself to unnecessary hits. when he goes towards to sideline, and then cuts it back, he's exposing himself unnecessarily; just step out of bounds. when he takes off in the open field and doesn't slide but instead waits until the last minute to dive forward to squeeze between two hits he's exposing himself unnecessarily.

when he says he's 'baiting' players to hit him late out of bounds to get a 15 yard penalty, it's ABSOLUTELY taking unnecessary hits and that comment floored me. Those hits are awkward and someone lost their QB for the season yesterday with one of those hits.

i realize that the term unnecessarily is quite subjective; that the game was on the line yesterday, and that that game was going to make or break the season. i also realize it's a fine line a superb athlete is making split second decisions trying to walk. but...

stop taking unnecessary hits robert. you're going to give me a heart attack before i'm 35 if we're both lucky. if it winds up costing you your career i may get diagnosed with severe clinical depression :\

Looking more at the bright side of things...

Games like yesterday are GREAT!!!

1. Your team WINS!!!
2. You get to use your entire arsenal of descriptive slang/curse word combinations!!! OVER and OVER!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.