• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

So, whatever happened to Cravens ?
He was supposed to have 5 days to report to the team, and if he didn't, he was gone for the season.
That was almost 2 weeks ago and there was never an announcement.
So I'm assuming he's gone for the season.

Last edited:
My understanding was that putting him on the exempt list gave him and the team 30 days to come to a decision and THEN he was out for the season.

But as several of us have said before, there is an old adage in the NFL that once you start thinking about retirement, you are retired :)

I am almost of a mind that it would be better for the TEAM not to have him back.

He has not yet established himself in the NFL and at age 22 he could return and then leave again during or after the season if he is not 100% committed.

And how do we get into someone's head and determine he is 100% committed if he returns, or if he returns with some lingering doubts.

So reports are that Cravens will return to the team this week. Should they welcome him back? Is his potential worth the drama?

So reports are that Cravens will return to the team this week. Should they welcome him back? Is his potential worth the drama?

Given his potential to be a key factor in the rise of a better, more aggressive and physical defense, I think they must and will welcome him back. The real questions are, will this be an ongoing thing, does he really want to play pro football, or is this only a financial decision? I'm not sure we really know what is actually going on. The situation has been characterized as him 'not wanting to play football', but the team keeps referring to him 'managing a personal issue'. That sounds to me like something is going on, beyond him just having second thoughts about whether pro football is for him. But I have no inkling what that 'something' might be.

I'd wager he probably realizes he has no other marketable skills, called growing up, why I've been in finance for so long, not my calling in life I thought but pays well.

He was on the sidelines last night at the USC game....with Doug Williams.

All that success in the run and what does Gruden do? Call two fades to the end zone... í ¾í´”

F*** it we won, I've got criticism but after this week, got to watch the game with my parents us all safe, I'll just say HTTR!!

Well, we have a running game and an improved D. Both the offense and defense came up big when it counted. We had to win this one and we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was fun. We actually functioned like a professional football team today. Night and day from last week, and one of the most impressive parts was the depth actually did their job well. Running the way we did today, if Gruden stays with it, it will give Cousins time to get the timing down with the new receivers while staying productive. Kind of game you look to build on, lets see if we do.

HTTR !

Kirk Cousins being 'protected' by a more conservative, ball-control gameplan may be the key to successful outcomes in early games this season, but when you are considering paying a guy franchise level money for the next 5-6 years, you have to ask yourself the question, do we need to pay $25M plus for a guy to operate off play action and play the percentages?

Chris Thompson is the best player on this offense right now and he needs to see the field more as a three down player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.