• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Mcluvin (at the time) resembled what a real gm was supposed to look like. Or at least to us after years of pig ****ery drafting & trading players like Pokémon cards. I was happy anyways with his hiring over the previous "system".

However, hindsight is showing he wasn't nearly as good of a personnel man we thought. This Su'a news is out of left field surprising to me. Could be cause I don't get the local news and team tidbits, but damn.

Seems he's possibly a head case & or his personal life may be a hot mess.

Last edited:
Things are muddled though if you look back.

Consider last year's team.

Of the best players on a productive offense, only Brandon Scherff and Jamison Crowder were McCloughan picks.

Trent Williams, Kirk Cousins, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, Morgan Moses, DeSean Jackson, etc. were all drafted or signed by Mike Shanahan or Bruce Allen from 2010-2014, before McCloughan took over.

Some of McCloughan's high picks other than Scherff such as Preston Smith, Josh Doctson, Sua Cravens, Matt Jones have been less than impressive so far.

The free agents moves have for the most part been disappointments.

Now, we haven't spent megabucks outside of the Josh Norman signing, so perhaps there is no expectation of adding to the core via that route.

But many of the supposed 'stop gap' players such as David Bruton, Dashon Goldson, Terrance Knighton, Chris Culliver, et al have been less than 'satisfactory' and were out of town as quickly as they arrived.

The Redskins have signed running back Chris Thompson to a contract extension. Thompson is coming off a career year in Washington with more than 700 yards of total offense and five touchdowns.

Redskins Depth Chart going into the first regular season of 2017.

depthchart.jpg

I think Gruden loves Jeremy Sprinkle as much as I do :)

A lot of folks were perplexed that we didn't keep 6 WRs (especially since Doctson's health may still be a question mark). I believe they did so in order to keep Sprinkle on the active roster. He's big, athletic, and tough. Pretty rare for a team to carry more than 3 TE's but I think in this case it may prove to be very smart.

The Redskins have signed running back Chris Thompson to a contract extension. Thompson is coming off a career year in Washington with more than 700 yards of total offense and five touchdowns.

That is awesome and well deserved. Having watched him at FSU I was excited about what he would bring. Chris has had a tougher time than most with injuries, including a broken back, yet he has persevered and turn himself into a dangerous weapon. I'm so happy for him!

I think Gruden loves Jeremy Sprinkle as much as I do :)

A lot of folks were perplexed that we didn't keep 6 WRs (especially since Doctson's health may still be a question mark). I believe they did so in order to keep Sprinkle on the active roster. He's big, athletic, and tough. Pretty rare for a team to carry more than 3 TE's but I think in this case it may prove to be very smart.

When NFL Radio stopped at Skins camp, Pat Kirwan asked Cousins what Jay's favorite formation was and Kirk replied 13 personnel.

So maybe we see alot of that this year? Reed,Paul and Sprinkle on the field at the same time?

If cravens does have family problems then those should be taken care of so he can give it his all on the field.
Lots of times and you see it with other teams sometimes those problems can become a distraction
As far as his missing days in college the Redskins may not have known about that till after the draft or sometime later. Unless something makes the news teams generally don't discuss it which if a pro team is looking at a player it should be brought up

Maybe he waited till the end of preseason hoping that he could work it out. At least he didn't wait till after Week 1.

He (and Gruden) can 'justify' it any way they want, but the bottom line is it's an extremely selfish action to take that hurts this team. I don't care what's going on, it likely isn't something that just arose and there's no excuse in my mind for waiting until the week before the regular season to do something about it.

The Redskins waived the following players from their Reserve/Injured list with injury settlements:

TE E.J. Bibbs
LB Ron Thompson Jr.
LB Lynden Trail

Supposedly tomorrow's game is on fox up here. Not holding my breath with this shit cable company tho. Wouldn't be shocked if ping pong championship was televised in the time slot, seriously.

The birds are a 1 point favored at our house, shows how much confidence bookies have after the preseason bedshittings. At this point I just want to see a competent game plan with no blown assignments.

Defense needs to get pressure without sacrificing blitzes
Run game needs going early and often
Kurt needs to rhythm out with the catchers early
Defense gets the **** off the field on 3rd downs
O-line plays as a unit buying Kurt time and opening lanes for the rbs

Is this too much to ask from our beloved team?

Matt Jones was waived by Indy one week after getting him from the Redskins.

Another top end athlete who foundered on the shoals of learning how to be a professional football player in the NFL.

Again, I go back to the draft bio I saw - 'lacks the natural instincts to be a consistent rusher'.

How we decided his 40 time and size would make up for his 'feel' for the game is beyond me.

If it was strictly about measurables Michael Westbrook would have been the greatest wide receiver in Redskins history rather than a footnote.

Another top end athlete who foundered on the shoals of learning how to be a professional football player in the NFL.

Again, I go back to the draft bio I saw - 'lacks the natural instincts to be a consistent rusher'.

How we decided his 40 time and size would make up for his 'feel' for the game is beyond me.

If it was strictly about measurables Michael Westbrook would have been the greatest wide receiver in Redskins history rather than a footnote.

This is where we need some "Gibbs" wisdom...

Matt Jones was waived by Indy one week after getting him from the Redskins.

This seems to culminate and confirm the reality that Gruden is actually a better talent evaluator than McClou.
And that McClou is in fact over-rated.
And that Allen did the right thing by letting him go.
And that that wasn't about some drama about Allen's ego or his feelings being hurt.
It was about McClou not being up to standard.
I hope they give Gruden more leverage on draft decisions and other player acquisitions.

TODAY'S PRE-GAME LUNCH MENU

Eagle Wings
Corona Light

IN-GAME MENU

Corona Light
Roasted Almonds

POST-GAME DESERT

Home/Division/Conference Win
Stagg Jr
Cowboy or Giant loss

Working today - go Skins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.