• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I got nuthin'....

This is what happens when you don't trade RG3, and don't trade Garcon or Jackson. They just seem incapable of looking ahead.

What's happened to Phil Taylor? He was out of the NFL for a few years due to injury, and it may be time to turn his back on playing again!

Unfortunate but as Ax implied, every NFL team loses players - it's part of the game.

Unfortunate but as Ax implied, every NFL team loses players - it's part of the game.

I remember when Murphy went down you accurately said that it was a position we could most afford to lose a player.
But now this injury hits us at arguably the position we could least afford to lose a player/starter.
All these factors : our weakest position, and also a crucial position on defense, and one that we also have the hardest time filling, combined also with the fact that the dropoff in talent, going to our backup, is pretty significant.

I think the only other injury that would be as close to being as hurtful to the team, would be if Swearinger went down.
Wouldn't be surprised if we try to pull off a trade soon, for at least a backup NT.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get one in exchange for Jones.
Hoping Ionnaidis can turn into a decent NT.

Last edited:
I hear you. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt. Losing any starter for the year hurts. Most teams lose a starter at some point. It's always a shame to lose someone before the regular season starts.

We won't get anything for Matt Jones. We've already telegraphed he is more than likely dead man walking and teams know he's very likely to be released.

Bottom line - good teams find ways to overcome the loss of players.

Besides, let's not put Taylor in the HOF here. We have no idea if the guy was going to be much better than what we've had. Can't go by the preseason. Cause if you do that, it's hard to argue that the Oline isn't the biggest weakness on the team. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string have all looked bad.

Never know what can happen. Let's buckle up and enjoy the ride.

I don't understand why Brian Quick is so lowly regarded and with such low expectations.
In the NFL's absolute worst offense in 2016, he had 41 catches, a 13.8 Avg, 3 TD's, including a 65 yarder.
If he can do that in the NFL's 32nd rated offense, is it hard to imagine him posting much better, in our #3 offense ?

Yeah, this is why I have Quick making the roster and Davis going to the PS.

Davis had a lot of targets in the first couple of games - didn't do much with the opportunity. Plenty of time for him improve on the PS.

The trouble with that train of thought Bass is that teams around the NFL are receiver-hungry with the passing game being the focus in today's game.

If you are a receiver with size, speed and a decent work ethic (which no one doubts Davis has) you are going to get claimed.

If the Redskins cut Davis ironically enough you may see the Rams or 49ers pick him up.

He's going to be a #4 or #5 on some other club.

If the Redskins are naive enough to think that Matt Hazel is the 'answer' because he looked good in a couple of preseason games despite limited athletic ability overall, then some other clubs will take advantage of that to take guys that have the 'ups' at age 23 to be more in the NFL.

I like Maurice Harris better than either Brian Quick or Davis.

But if I were the GM I would keep Harris and Davis and let Quick and Hazel go.

The Redskins are not a 12-13 win team poised to go to the Super Bowl in 2017.

I think we still have time to be patient and develop guys our scouts and front office have found in the draft and as college free agents.

When Bobby Beathard drafted Charles Mann in Round #3 he was a 6'6 and 240 defensive end. That first year he really was being 'carried' on the roster as he built himself up into the 275 range he ultimately played at as a starter in the NFL.

But if we went solely on the basis of what he did in camp and the preseason, Mann would have been cut that year.

You have to project your talent out and be patient in your decision-making.

Well, I didn't say 'cut', I said PS. It's pretty doubtful that another team would take him from the PS early on considering they'd have to have him on the active roster for 6 games and then if they wanted to send him to their PS he'd have to clear waivers. As an alternative the Skins can always sign him to a contract and still put him on the PS which would lessen the chance of another team taking him from Washington's PS.

True he might turn out like Mann. He might also turn out like Hankerson. Give him some time to develop, he doesn't need to be rushed in. He can always be brought up from the PS if the situation arises.

Is BGO behind the twitter handle called "Sons of Washington" that posts Redskin news and opinions ?

No - our Twitter handle is the site name. Sons of Washington is another Skins fan site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.