• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Last night I was about ready to hit the panic button. This morning I just have my hand near the button.

I was disappointed in our overall effort. The Ravens came to play and we seemed to be going through the motions. The Ravens were the more physical team and they won the trenches. Even our starting OL looked bad.

The Ravens seemed to take on Harbaugh's personality as they were intense and ready to play. The Redskins were 'medium' and more like Gruden's laid back ways. As you can see I am grasping for straws to find a reason for our performance last night.

Some say we held their starters scoreless until they played against our 2nd string. Problem is Flacco didn't play, but rather it was Mallet going the entire first half.

If we don't show some serious improvement next week I will be concerned. How you play and problems in preseason tend to carry over into the regular season.

I think I've seen worse preseason efforts. But I can't remember one right now.

Offense looked like an unprepared team of a rookie head coach. Offensive lines looked like 2nd string JV players going against varsity seniors.

Not panicking. But they should all be totally embarrassed on offense. Including the coaches.

Hogs 2.0 my ass.

More like dogs.

Mutts.

Defense did not embarrass themselves. so, there is that.

Actually, while the 'how you play in preseason carries over into the regular season' sound 100% logical. The problem is, it's rarely the case. How teams play in the preseason is almost never an indicator of what will happen in the regular season.

Would I rather us look fantastic going into the regular season? Of course I would - if for no other reason than I'm watching the games and would like to be entertained. But I think there are pretty conclusive stats showing preseason record is not an indicator of regular season success or failure.

We've all seen this before, particularly from Harbaugh and the Ravens. And as I said in chat last night, Gruden is definitely one of those coaches who uses the preseason to put pressure on players, put them in uncomfortable situations, see what he's got in his subs, and determine who the best 53 will be. Winning isn't really on the agenda.

I have no idea what to expect this year. Between what looks like a pretty tough schedule, Kirk's lame duck status, having some big changes at WR, new defensive staff, I think anyone who claims to have a good handle on what will happen is blowing smoke. Only thing I do know? How our 2017 season goes will have very little to do with how preseason went.

I'm not worried about winning in the preseason. Like everybody else, I don't want anyone hurt. Guess we'll find out later about Crystal Cravens, and Doper.

Hell, I'm not even concerned about looking fantastic. But we didn't even look competent on offense last night. Nobody.

And I realize it's nothing to get overly excited about. But 4 years into this, I expect minimal success/proficiency from the offense.

Dismal.

Value to the team.

No argument from me there Ax.

I am not concerned with wins and losses in preseason, since you have so many backups playing. What concerns me was lack of effort or intensity, the way the OL played (starters), and our overall mental errors. We just didn't look sharp. I would have expected a little more production from starting offense. It took way too long for our offense to even get a first down. Last year we were one of the best at extending drives, but last night we were constantly having 3 and outs.

I generally gauge preseason by how we do with the starters and #2's in the lineup. Last night was not a good showing.

We have two more games to get our act together.

There were a few bright spots. Phil Taylor played like he wants to be a starter here. Nico Marley, Ryan Anderson, and Jonathan Allen showed hustle and promise.

It is pitiful when your MVP of the night was the punter. Tress Way had his name mentioned way too mucy.

Biggest concern I had was our OL. They didn't give any of the QBs adequate time.

Biggest concern I had was our OL. They didn't give any of the QBs adequate time.

Same here.

Honestly, I've had about enough of players that talk a good game but don't seem to show it on the field.

So Trent Williams, you need to stop with the Hogs 2.0 nonsense and try getting your unit focused on playing at a competent level.

I've seen the real Hogs, watched them dominate and Trent and Co., you're no Hogs.

There's bad news and there's good news. First the bad

Heard Murphy tore both his acl and mcl.

Guess we'll see if Gallette,Anderson,Carter and Trail can step up....

Could be - haven't seen the official team word. Bottom line - he's done for the year.

With Trent's injury the door is open for someone else to step up. I look for Anderson and Carter to step in behind Gallette.

With Trent's injury the door is open for someone else to step up. I look for Anderson and Carter to step in behind Gallette.

Yes - we're surprisingly deep at that spot. That will help. Have I mentioned I hate the friggin' preseason?

I need preseason to get myself in shape. Got to practice swearing, drinking, and throwing things while not destroying the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.