• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Has there been anymore hubbub on how Roullier filled in while Long was hurt, or gone?

Gruden On C Chase Roullier:
“He got some extra work. Spencer [Long] was sick yesterday, he had a little stomach virus and Chase got a lot of work. He’s done a great job, he really has. For a rookie to come in here and handle all the things he has to handle, it’s been very impressive. Chase has got a ways to go obviously but he’s on the right track. He’s a true center. He might have to play a little bit of guard from time to time. If he’s going to dress on game day, he’s going to have to back up guard and center. So, well get him going, but the starting point is to really find a good center."

Thanks Chris, missed that from earlier but still great to hear. I'm excited to see this years draft class in live action! Especially the linemen Rolley & Allen.

It would seem even with a coach like Bill Callahan that some of these guys aren't more than a backup at best tho (Arie). Dude has had quality coaching and opportunity to unseat Lava. Let's hope Rolley can unseat him or move Spencer back to LG.

Last edited:
Yes. Although there will be a 2 day delay.

Won't be able to see it until Thursday. ;)

Yes. Although there will be a 2 day delay.

Won't be able to see it until Thursday. ;)

It's all good, NFLN isn't airing it until Saturday for me.

Edit: You don't worry about my days of the week jumbling!

Win, I sense from a lot of your recent posts, that you seem real concerned with the interior of our line.
Are you having visions of the Redskins having to resort to bringing back LeRibeus ? :p

Ha, good gosh I hope not. I actually see them as being a LG away from a top tier o-line. With Spencer's emergence at C last season that groups only weakpoint is Lava.

Not HOGS quality but pretty damn close imo.

John Keim said:
Undrafted free agent guard Kyle Kalis continues to work ahead of Arie Kouandjio with the second offensive line. Kalis has been more consistent, both in one-on-one and full-team work. Kalis hasn't been perfect, but he has shown good technique and vision – he did a nice job seeing and picking up a blitzing corner in full-team work Monday. Kalis has a long way to go to earn a roster spot, but he's at least opened eyes early in camp.

Listened to Junior Gallette on the radio today, I sure hope that guy succeeds. He sound like one who has it together and could be a great asset to the team. The way he talked about TW, you'd think Trent was the best LT in the game.

Redskins have had options on the line for a few years in a row which for the longest time was a weakness. If Rollier develops it can push Long back to Guard. I do think Since Ari had both knees operated on it has affected him but he is coming on if I remember rightly he started 2 games last year. The first game got blown up the second game was better.
Both a free agents next year? I don't see either eating up a lot of cap room. Which will be a blessing in disguise

It's not the signing of a big contract for the colts that have prevented them from building a team it is horrible drafting that looks like redskins drafts that has done that. Some of The Ravens problems have been from the QB signing but a lot of it falls on bad drafting. Good solid drafts will always help

McLovin is sharing a lot of opinions on twitter right now about our team and his favorite draft picks for anyone interested.

Spoiler: He still loves Matt Jones.

Last edited:
Hopefully another team shares his opinion on Fumblina. And are willing to offer something for him in a trade.

I have stated previously (and still believe) we gave up way too early on Matt Jones. Most RBs will hit a stretch early on where they struggle in some area or another, whether it's holding onto the ball, pass-catching, blocking, finding the hole, whatever... I think that talent-wise Jones has been treated as if he were lower-tier talent when, in fact, he's quite talented.

I have to believe that his biggest limitation must be his attitude.

When Gruden benched him, I believe he expected to see Jones re-double his efforts, commit to improving and solving his fumbling issues, demonstrate resolve to work harder and get better. All I can assume is that Gruden didn't see those things. Although I haven't seen a lot of openly negative commentary attributed to Jones, something clearly is wrong and he's somehow convinced Gruden that he's a bad apple. And it's possible he is a bad apple.

It's hard to reconcile McCloughan's assessment with what we've seen so far from Jones though (aside from a few impressive showings a few years back). It's almost as if McCloughan is unwilling or unable to admit that Jones is fatally flawed and that he was a blown pick. It's easy to throw out 'he's the best back they have' when you know there's little to no chance that proposition is going to be proven or disproven when Jones has zero chance of seeing the field.

Well hopefully the stat line tomorrow will show Jones getting the most carries tonight.

Fat Rob gets 2-3 carries. We know what he can do.
Samaje(sp) gets 5-7 carries.
Mack Brown gets 5-7 carries.
Fumblina gets 10+ carries. All against some 2's, the 3's, and the 4's. If he's all that, he should look like a man amongst boys. If he doesn't, then he definitely doesn't have his mind right. He'd be my mop up guy all pre-season. Hoping to get interest from another club. If not, cut his ass, move on.

Reading box score shows we have some bugs to work out. It's all good, and early

Both Murphy and Cravens to have MRI's on knee. More concerned with Cravens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.