• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Jackson is not too small for the 4-3. At 252 he is well suited to strong side and came into the NFL as a 265 DE as a rookie.

Kerrigan to me would be just as effective if not more so as a rush DE.

Inside Fletcher played the majority of his career in a 4-3.

I would like to see what Jarvis Jenkins could do as a DT with his athleticism at 315 next to Cofield.

I think he is less effective operating in space on the outside.

Practically speaking, I don't see any must have players here that would be compromised by the switch, and a number that might be more effective.

I agree that the switch, when it happened, was beyond stupid. I agree that we're probably still best suited to run a 4-3.

I disagree, vehemently, with switching during this season. Besides, if the D continues at the rate of our last two games, we'll be top 10, if not top 5, by seasons end.

I would be careful about the sample size - two games.

One game was against an Oakland team that may have the worst OL in recent NFL history.

We got 7 sacks and the Chiefs got 10 the next week.

Matt Flynn was so incompetent he was cut.

So, I don't know if winning that game and limiting that offense means anything for the defense.

Against Dallas, the special teams were so inept and our offense failed to score in the red zone so that Dallas never trailed in the game and could be more conservative on offense.

I didn't see Romo or Callahan take too many chances because the didn't have to.

To me this D is still vulnerable to a veteran qb that needs to score points and now comes the meat of the schedule.

I would be careful about the sample size - two games.

I agree. However ...

Against Dallas, the special teams were so inept and our offense failed to score in the red zone so that Dallas never trailed in the game and could be more conservative on offense.

I didn't see Romo or Callahan take too many chances because the didn't have to.

The score was close for most of the game. The Cowboys passed the ball 30 times and ran it 18. They weren't playing conservative on offense.

They had one really nice solid drive all night long, and that was the opening drive. Other than that our defense basically shut them down.

It was a good game for our D. Totally wasted, but a good game for them.

I'm not in favor of switching in the middle of the season. Maybe add some wrinkles that include 4-3 alignments, but a complete overhaul? Too late for that.

If we want to talk about firing Haslett and installing a new defense in the offseason that's something else.

Yup, Nixon was signed off the PS when the Colts had a lineman go down with an injury a few weeks ago.

With a little luck, and if I'm correct, we're about to have a new VIP member.

If we lose our team's name because Obummer makes some unecessary comments, some dumbass broadcaster climbs high on a low soapbox, and some cartoonists wants to compare our football team's name to a friggin' swastika I might just lose interest in the NFL like I did with MLB when they had a strike in what 93? Yeah its that bad I'm disgusted. Having spoken to more and more N.A.s since I've been out west, I am fully convinced that its not even a blip on their radar. To see a nation full of sheep stand up and get behind something JUST TO get behind something makes me very, very sad. I'm not even pissed off anymore, just sad about the whole deal.

The entire clan of people pushing this agenda should be offended because their faces SHOULD be red from embarrassment. Instead people pretend that these folks didn't paint themselves red... that African Americans and the N-word are comparable.... I didn't see any slaves out their with charcoal and shoe polish it just isn't the same argument, not even close. I didn't see any cameras in Oakland or Dallas on the people who had obvious N.A. bloodlines, you know the ones who openly root for the REDSKINS? Why? No controversy in that. Nobody spoke to them, they just want to speak to blacks, latinos, and now what...targeting jews with nazi references? Disgraceful.

This may seem random, but I its prolly why you won't see much of me around... I'm fed up with losing, having money stolen from our team, having the media just take shots at will for years, and of course the media generated faux hysteria over an imaginary hate crime.

No need to state you opinions on the matter here, we all know who the bleeding hearts are that feel guilty about the name, I do not, and will not apologize for a media generated controversy.

I think we lose by 10. 31-21, with 14 points coming in the 4th quarter. Kyle abandons the run early. Ugh. Wish I didn't feel that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.