• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I value leadership.
Because young guys like Preston Smith need it.
I believe it makes a difference, or has the potential to do so.
For players like Preston, leadership be the difference between having a good game just 1 out of 5 games, or having 4 out of 5.
And why do we have to continue to compare ourselves to how the Pats and other teams do things ? They are not the eternal blueprint.
We deal with a league that's constantly evolving, innovating, and changing trends. The next great team will be the one who finds a newer, more creative way to do things than the Pats.

Last edited:
I value leadership.
Because young guys like Preston Smith need it.
I believe it makes a difference, or has the potential to do so.
For players like Preston, leadership be the difference between having a good game just 1 out of 5 games, or having 4 out of 5.
And why do we have to continue to compare ourselves to how the Pats and other teams do things ? They are not the eternal blueprint.
We deal with a league that's constantly evolving, innovating, and changing trends. The next great team will be the one who finds a newer, more creative way to do things than the Pats.

Don't need Hall for that. You got guys like Norman,Kerrigan and Trent Williams for leadership.

As far as comparing ourselves to other successful franchises...why wouldn't one pine for the stability those successful clubs enjoy on a yearly basis?

Are you implying fans don't want that for this team?

As far as the Pats are run, they remind me of how we USED to be: a perennial contender every year. Joe Gibbs was a genius and we always made the right adjustments in game to win...what the Pats are lauded for now.

There may be different ways to go about becoming a winner but they all have one thing in common:stability and the ability to make sound decisions. Pats,Steelers and Chiefs exhibit that regularly.

The Redskins have a hard time doing that.

The Pats have Tom effin Brady. That's why you can't compare to them.

Once he's gone, pride might carry them to further success for a year or 2. Then it's back to reality.

Unless they dumb luck their way upon another 6th round HOF'er.

I don't think seeking to emulate top teams is a crazy idea - sorry :) Of course the Pats have Tom Brady. They also manage their club incredibly well. Their approach and system just flat out works. It works when Brady is out for the year. It works with Brady in for the year. It works.

The top tier teams don't keep players who are clearly on the severe downslope of their career on the roster because they 'work hard' or are 'team leaders'. And that might be because they've shed those players from their roster long before it becomes obvious to everyone else that the player is 'done'.

Well there ya go, seems not keeping Garcon & Djax equal 11 losses for the skins.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/26/when-it-rains-it-pours-sporting-news-echoes-usa-to/

So, they're predicting Washington at 5/11 and Philly at 6/10? More fake news...
NFC East combined for the most wins (39) out of all 8 divisions. IDK that the East is going to drop to the low 30's in wins overnight. Skins got some tuff games but I don't see the season coming out to only 5 wins. Filthy on the other hand I could see dropping that far.

Early round bye (Week 5). Does that help or is later better?
I guess injury wise later is better but if things aren't going well maybe sooner is better to get things on track. But if the train is a rollin' do you want to stop so soon? Week 3 (Oak @ Wa) & at KC in week 4 are going to be interesting.

Yeah I actually see the turds dropping a few more. More tape on Dak & Elliot to digest, plus we got rid of Haz II & replaced him with an attack D. No way in hell Manusky has that unit getting slashed up like the Ripper is back in town.

The gnats did get Marshall but not to forget it's still Eli throwing it at another year older. Meh

Wentz ain't scaring anyone, especially with J-NO on Alshon

At absolute worst were 8-8 again

Well, you can say the Patriots wouldn't have won anything without Brady playing until 40, but then again the better organizations seem to get replacements that carry on the tradition.

In San Francisco, Joe Montana left to go to Kansas City and the 49ers had Steve Young for the next 10 years.

In Green Bay, the team rode Brett Fave for 17 years, but they were able to move Aaron Rodgers in as the starter and move forward without missing a beat.

It is possible to replace a HOF player with a talent that can continue the tradition of winning.

Given his age at 65, I don't see Belichick starting over again after Brady necessarily.

But if Belichick was 55 instead of 65 I could see him swinging a trade or draft day steal of a QB to continue the tradition in NE.

What we have to understand here is that Kirk Cousins is not at the level of these players and the idea of moving on from him at some point in the future and finding another capable quarterback to lead the franchise is not only possible but using good judgment on draft day, probable.

But if Belichick was 55 instead of 65 I could see him swinging a trade or draft day steal of a QB to continue the tradition in NE.

Whispers in NE are that this Garrapolo kid is really something special, and they fully expect him to take the reigns from Brady, when it's time, which is why Bellichik really didn't want to trade him.

Redskins receiver Terrelle Pryor said of coach Jay Gruden, "I was with Andrew Hawkins in Cleveland and all he did was rave about coach Jay Gruden. I have a Redskins buddy who said, 'Jay was one of the best coaches I played for.' I love talking to the guy. I can't wait to get to meetings to here him talk. He's so funny."

--John Keim

Hold this ship together Gruden. Serious pressure on that guy this season.

Every stinking time I turn on NFLN they're at the turds training camp. This is at various times of the day too. I get it it they won the division, but the network is borderline ESPN obsessive with this fecal matter.

Every stinking time I turn on NFLN they're at the turds training camp. This is at various times of the day too. I get it it they won the division, but the network is borderline ESPN obsessive with this fecal matter.

Same as it ever was with ESPN and Mexico's team.

Big thanks to Burgundy Burner helping keep everyone updated on Training Camp news... I have had issues with my TWC email for over a week while I was on vacation. As a result was unable to receive/share many of the Training Camp team updates. I've posted a number of those now, but thanks BB for keeping everyone up to speed when I couldn't :cheers:

Just an aside, and if this doesn't belong in this thread, please delete... NFL Channel is doing "A Football Life" on Gibbs this season :)
Back to you regularly scheduled programming.....

Just an aside, and if this doesn't belong in this thread, please delete... NFL Channel is doing "A Football Life" on Gibbs this season :)
Back to you regularly scheduled programming.....

About time! It's always been amazing to me the lack of respect Joe Gibbs and his 80's/early 90's Redskins receive(nationally).

Has there been anymore hubbub on how Roullier filled in while Long was hurt, or gone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.