• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Not the point though H. I'm not arguing he didn't deserve riding the bench, but you invest a 3rd round pick on a guy who shows some NFL caliber ability (he had 800 offensive yds his rookie year and 550 in 7 starts last year - also improved his yds/carry from 3.4 to 4.6), that's not a player you just toss away imho. Even if you decide his issues can't be fixed, making that assessment clear for all the world to see destroys all value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian rappaport hasn't been known lately for hitting on rumors like his Kirk rumours twice

Not the point though H. I'm not arguing he didn't deserve riding the bench, but you invest a 3rd round pick on a guy who shows some NFL caliber ability (he had 800 offensive yds his rookie year and 550 in 7 starts last year - also improved his yds/carry from 3.4 to 4.6), that's not a player you just toss away imho. Even if you decide his issues can't be fixed, making that assessment clear for all the world to see destroys all value.

Well, at this point Gruden has a pretty well-established history of doing that with players he doesn't like. I never did see much in Jones so I'm not sure what value could have been salvaged anyway. Had we gone into the season with an NFL-caliber RB corps, maybe Jones could have been a third-down back or change-up guy (which is what he'll probably end up doing for some other team) and then maybe we could have gotten some value for him. But going into the season expecting him to start with nobody behind him was a recipe for disaster. All we did was show the world he can't be a starter. And we knew that. Or we should have.

Okay next up should be either a beast olb or a centerfielder to hold FS down forever. Kinda like the idea of this kid Budda Baker, S, Washington for us.

Looks like we might have a decent defense next year.

Redskins defense getting a long-needed infusion of athleticism and toughness on defense.

Anderson was a much needed Round 2 pick because we simply can't count on Galette to get on the field and Trent Murphy let the team down by getting suspended for the first 4 games of the season.

With Anderson and Zach Brown the Redskins finally have some guys that can tilt the field in the other direction.

Not to mention what we all thought Allen alone could bring last night when he was chosen in Round 1.

To me the selection of Fabian Moreau is a signal that the Redskins are not that enamored with Kendall Fuller and his ability to take over a starting job down the line if Norman gets hurt our Breeland leaves in free agency.

McCloughan took a risk with Fuller. Anytime a cornerback goes down with a serious knee injury in college it is cause for caution when evaluating him for the NFL. Fuller seems to have lost speed since the injury and doesn't look anything like the potential blue chipper he was supposed to be.

Moreau was injured as well, but his injury is upper body and doesn't affect his speed or quickness.

I think that's way premature on Fuller. We stole him in the 3rd round last year due to the knee injury. His knee looked to be fine last year but we all know, unless you're Adrian Peterson, it takes more than an off-season to fully recover and get that confidence in a knee. He also was very limited on ST because the team was obviously protecting him. I think he struggled with the mental game his rookie year - that's the #1 reason he didn't get more playing time. With another year to heal and feel more comfortable in the scheme (and possibly better coaching - the entire secondary looked confused a lot last year), I expect him to at least become a reliable backup.

Agreed on Fuller Boone.

I'm pleasantly optimistic on this years draft so far, and pretty excited about this years team.

We haven't done anything stupid with our high draft picks and I feel like across the board we have a good mix of competent veteran and promising youth.

Watching the Bears giftwrap those picks to the 49's makes me wanna puke, especially after the RG3 incident of 2012.

I'm digging what the team has done by staying put and drafting for need while hitting all 3 tiers on D. Solid players at that

Boone and as others have Stated Fullers injury takes more than a year to fully heal. drafting isn't just about that year but the next 3-4. Imagine if the team like some wanted here wanted to had given up on Moses we might still be chasing a complete line

Can't say I totally agree with a rb in the 4th. TE, G or ILB would of been better choice imho.

We need a RB though. I don't have a problem with taking one in the middle rounds.

Robert Davis is a indication the Redskins are moving on from Ryan Grant.

Tough to see how Grant makes this roster as his upside is limited to being a possession receiver.

And Grant also there for blocking. But he isn't one of their big WRs anymore like he was when he got drafted by them

Team is getting bigger and more athletic.

Talented big man > Talented smaller man.

And Grant also there for blocking. But he isn't one of their big WRs anymore like he was when he got drafted by them

Grant has been an epic disappointment. He doesn't make this squad.

When he was drafted, he and Garceon were the big WR's @ 6'/200 lbs. now he's a smurf with poor hands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.