• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'm glad it's going to be the night game.....no distractions like food, family and all that nonsense. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you feel about the Thursday Color Rush unis ?
Ugh! Forgot about those. Hopefully, we don't have to wear them on Thanksgiving. Since they'll make everyone throw up their dinner.

If we are required to wear them, I say forfeit. I'd rather take the loss.

Just read where the color puke uniforms were not part of Thanksgiving last year. Hopefully, that will continue this season.

If not, there's always radio.

True.. as is Dallas... as always. Shoot if Dallas hosts Philadelphia may as well call Thanksgiving this year "NFC East" day (although the Lions wouldn't like it that much <grin>.

Not going to happen. Pokes get the NFL wink and nod agreement and host the Chargers on Thanksgiving. Hope the Bolts pull off an upset.

Playing the midgets on Thanksgiving night is not an advantage. Redskins and primetime night games are like pairing a Kardashian with a Rockefeller. It could get ugly.

Green Bay last year?

Pittsburgh last year?
Dallas the year before?

A very wounded bunch of ducks that night. It hardly broke that curse.

Pittsburgh I don't count as much because we always start slow out of the gate. That's what I attribute that loss to, not to primetime.
Pack should count, because wounded or not, they were a NFC Championship team, and they still had Aaron Rodgers, who can single-handedly beat anyone, so they were still very dangerous.
And we didn't just win - we whooped em. Shut down Rodgers, and his attempt at a game-winning drive. And they were not wounded on offense, so that final defensive stand is huge.
Heck, even if it was a bad team, it should count, because a curse is a curse, of course, and curses are supposed to cause you to lose against bad teams, so why can't wins count ?
Dallas the year before ? Speaking of Dallas, that's when the curse was broken - by Colt Freakin McCoy !

Last edited:
Ok, so are we not going to count any games the Redskins may lose in primetime this season?

But one game does not break the bad luck. Winning games over several seasons breaks the bad luck.

Here is some information from Scot McCloughan that became known in the last day or so. This comes straight from our former GM.

Scot will be moving to Colorado in the coming weeks and will resume his scouting service. Does have a few offers out there. Sounds like he will not take any of them.

The team used his blueprint for free agency including each player that has been signed and those who have been released. The draft will also use his blueprint.

Bruce Allen did say that no one in the building liked Scot and that was obviously false. Bruce was/is very jealous of him and the rapport that he had with the players. BA was/is also extremely jealous of how popular Scot was with the fans.

Scot said that Dan Snyder is no longer a meddlesome owner and it has been that way since early 2015. He is rarely at football meetings and does not attend pre-draft hosting of prospects or attend team pro days. Said that DS is now very hands off.

Thinks that the team will be very competitive over the next several years and will be a good success story.

Thinks the team should hire a true personnel guy. Said that Doug Williams is a nice person, but is definitely not a personnel executive.

Loves interacting with the players, especially on game day (before and after a game). Had a strong relationship with all of them. This was his favorite part of the job.

Scot believes that Kirk Cousins will be gone after the 2017 season. Redskins simply can’t keep doing one year deals. Is almost 100% certain that this will be the last season that KC is in a Redskins uniform.

Thinks the Redskins have done too many one year deals and could regret it when the 2018 offseason comes around.

Thinks highly of Dan Snyder and Eric Schaffer.

Here is some information from Scot McCloughan that became known in the last day or so. This comes straight from our former GM.

Scot will be moving to Colorado in the coming weeks and will resume his scouting service. Does have a few offers out there. Sounds like he will not take any of them.

The team used his blueprint for free agency including each player that has been signed and those who have been released. The draft will also use his blueprint.

Bruce Allen did say that no one in the building liked Scot and that was obviously false. Bruce was/is very jealous of him and the rapport that he had with the players. BA was/is also extremely jealous of how popular Scot was with the fans.

Scot said that Dan Snyder is no longer a meddlesome owner and it has been that way since early 2015. He is rarely at football meetings and does not attend pre-draft hosting of prospects or attend team pro days. Said that DS is now very hands off.

Thinks that the team will be very competitive over the next several years and will be a good success story.

Thinks the team should hire a true personnel guy. Said that Doug Williams is a nice person, but is definitely not a personnel executive.

Loves interacting with the players, especially on game day (before and after a game). Had a strong relationship with all of them. This was his favorite part of the job.

Scot believes that Kirk Cousins will be gone after the 2017 season. Redskins simply can’t keep doing one year deals. Is almost 100% certain that this will be the last season that KC is in a Redskins uniform.

Thinks the Redskins have done too many one year deals and could regret it when the 2018 offseason comes around.

Well, that's a bunch of bad news. I hope we draft a QB in round 2, then.
And I'm gonna miss McLou at the end of the tunnel before every game, high-fiving every player.

Source?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.