• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Some reports state that DeSean will get in the 10-12 million range a year come Thursday and that Pierre requested a trade midseason. At this point, I'd have both their bags waiting for them in the lobby. If we reach the point where we've decided that Kirk is the answer, then we also need to have confidence that he can do what some of the greats at the position have been able to do - that being making names out of lesser known players and making others around him better. Invest in your QB, and build the foundation of your franchise along both lines.

25 years of futility makes you naturally as a fan want to see the process towards success accelerated, especially after 17 wins combined the last two years. In all honesty though, a step back in 2017 might not necessarily be a bad thing provided there is an obvious and apparent plan in place that allows for sustained success.

The way I see it, garcon and Jackson help you stay competitive, but are far from the answer in terms of making up for all the other holes throughout the roster and allowing you to become elite as a team. And shouldn't elite be where the bar is set?

Last edited:
Both players are too old to make long-term commitments to.

At least where the Redskins are now in terms of rebuilding.

If Garçon and Jackson were in New England with Brady or in Green Bay with 33 year old Aaron Rodgers that would make sense.

We however aren't that close.

We have a solid but not elite quarterback, have a talented offensive line trio in Williams, Moses and Scherff and a playmaking TE.

We don't have a prime running back, young receiver with size who has proven he can take the top off a defense.

We also are questionable at center and left guard.

On defense we need a complete reset.

We need defensive ends, tackles, linebackers, safeties and depth at cornerback.

Our best defensive player Josh Norman is going to be 29 during the season.

Ryan Grant reportedly resigned, 3 years, $45 million. If true I don't know what we are thinking. He's at best a 3 or 4 and that's at best imho. Probably means Garçon and Jackson gone for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Lord. We could fill his spot from the practice squad, and use the $45mil to add to what it would take to keep Garcon and Jackson for 3 years.

Gotta be 4 point 5 mil, right? :paranoid:

Um, that tweet about Ryan Grant was a joke. Zach is a good kid and he is just having fun.

And it starts. For next couple days there will a ton of rumors and "fake news". It will rival the days leading up to the draft. Teams, players, and agents are working each other for best possible deal.

I don't know who "Zach" is, but somebody oughta slap his Daddy.

Lol... just making sure everyone is awake - that did fly across twitter though...

Zach is actually a good contact to have on twitter. We bounce draft and FA prospects around - agree or disagree, we help one another to gain perspectives on particular players.

I do this with many twitter contacts so I can better serve BGO.

Um, I was joking. I'm generally a good kid too and was just having fun.

Ironically I was discussing the wide receivers with a friend yesterday and neither of us thought Grant would make the final roster in 2017.

Meanwhile, under the heading "careful what you wish for ... "

IF it's true, as suggested on Sportstalk 980 yesterday, that the genesis of Pierre's request for a trade early last year came after Kirk's killer endzone INT in week 2 versus Dallas, AND IF it's true that Kirk is as good as gone to San Francisco ...

The 49ers have sights set on wideout Pierre Garçon | ProFootballTalk

Vernon Davis has re-signed!! Whoop!!! [emoji3][emoji3]
This pleases me

I think getting Cousins locked up in a reasonable contract Top 5 qb with incentives (not top 3 qb money) would really allow the top draft picks this season to head over to the defense and maybe find a stud center. I'm ok with letting Garcon and Jackson go. They have use for some teams but Jackson has lost a step and both players are a year older. Who knows what we have in Doctson? That's the wild card in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.