• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Jay Gruden extended?

I smell cigar smoke...yep, McD5 just lit one up..........

Could have just as easily been coming from Vernon Davis' cigar

Jay Gruden is probably one of my favorite coaches, all-time. ...He's just everything you could possibly want in a coach. I love him, I love him,

Word is that Skins are close to re-signing Chris Baker, deal could come as soon as Tuesday. 6 other teams supposedly talking to Baker however, so not done until it's done.

Number of days, until the Redskins make their #1 Draft Pick of 2017...

GC1_Bostic_TB_615.JPG

One really good thing. Skins radio silence. There is a huge appetite to know wtf is going on in the Redskins front office and with McCloughan. And yet no one knows jack shit. This may be frustrating for fans. But it's a huge improvement from previous front offices and staff.

From CSN Washington

Redskins outside linebacker Trent Murphy will appeal a four-game suspension for PED use to start the 2017 season, per a report in The Washington Post.

The news broke Sunday afternoon and comes on the heels of Murphy's best-ever season in the NFL.

Selected in the second round of the 2014 draft, Murphy stumbled out of the gates in his first two seasons with the Redskins before finding a new level of consistency and performance in 2016.

In his first two seasons with Washington, Murphy registered a combined six sacks. In 2016, Murphy logged 9 sacks, and possibly might have gotten to double digits before injuries mounted up late in the year.

The Redskins were not immediately available for comment.

Murphy's possible suspension in 2017 comes after a four-game suspension for left tackle Trent Williams in 2016.

The 'Skins were working to move Murphy from outside linebacker to defensive end during the 2016 offseason, but an Achilles injury to Junior Galette forced Washington to keep Murphy on the outside. Galette is slated to return to the burgundy and Gold this fall, and if he's healthy, could offset the loss of Murphy should the suspension hold.

Guess that explains his elevated play last season :(

Mike Jones tweeting that McCloughan will be fired after the draft. I don't know if he's just speculating or knows something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Jones tweeting that McCloughan will be fired after the draft. I don't know if he's just speculating or knows something.

If this is true, why wait until after the draft? What's the point in that? Also, if the news is out there, wouldn't that affect his drafting? I guess it's possible someone else will make the call and he will just provide the info. But what's his incentive if he knows he's being fired? This isn't a player playing for his next contract.

If true, I guess keep him through draft so he can't let others know what our draft board looks like.

On the flipside, if not true, what will the local scum say next to try and force a response?

Snyder drugged and raped Mrs McCloo?
Scot made sex tape with Mrs Gruden?
Allen's a crystal meth dealer?

I'm guessing the next made up story will be Mike Jones has been getting oral "interviews" from Mrs McCloughan as retribution for the "interviews" Scott had with the female reporter a year or two ago.

When I think of the local DC beat writers stirring crap....

If it didn't take so much energy, (only because there are so many examples), I'd love to archive all these predictions away then throw it back in their face when it doesn't occur.

Doug Williams a possibility per the rumor mill...

What will make me believe the front office is functioning effectively:

1. Sign Cousins to a deal that averages $22M a year, boosted perhaps by more money guaranteed up front.

2. Move on from aging but still productive veterans like DeSean Jackson and Chris Baker and replacing them with younger free agents and cheaper draft picks. I don't see paying Jackson $12-14M and Baker $9-10M at ages 30 and 29. If we are going to pay a DT that much I want a guy who is 25-26 and entering his prime not just coming out the other side. Jackson makes plays but as he only suits up 10-12 times a year, his per game rate is out of sight.

3. Showing a STRATEGY in free agency and the draft so we don't end up with one side of the ball receiving all the love while the other has to fill in STARTING slots with street free agents and waiver wire acquisitions.

4. Take action to address the durability issues with several players that need to go because we can't count on them to be in the lineup on a consistent basis. That would include DeAngelo Hall, Niles Paul, Derek Carrier, and Shawn Lauvao. I would have included Galette here but he is on the right kind of deal for the risk we are taking. But Lauvao at $5M? That's a joke.

5. Resolve McCloughan's status as soon as possible so it's clear to everyone he is in or out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.