• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Well, I would like to congratulate the guys who created this place we call home, as I write this on the 1000th page of this thread...that's 20 thousand posts in a single thread! You created a great atmosphere for people to enjoy talking Redskins' football.

With that said, if we are seriously talking about a 3 way trade with the 49ers and the Cowturds that would bring Tony Romo here, I will flip the **** out! I am done...won't ever watch another NFL game.

Report: Redskins, 49ers may talk Cousins trade with Romo in the deal | CSN Mid-Atlantic

Remember the last time we traded for a division rival's QB? I'd be right there with you, El. Would be difficult to support this team on Sundays and enough to push me away.

Lord I hope this isn't true!!!

It feels like a terrible trade. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, turds are gonna cut Romo anyways. That would be pi infininty worse than Haynesworth debacle. Start watching cricket or some shit.

Appreciate the cap breakdown Kel, Rig and BB. Always thought it fluctuates year to year based on viewership. Good stuff to know...and knowing's half the battle!

I'm reading a lot of BS about could Romo being the starting QB next year for Washington.. . WTH kinda Vinny Cerrato move would that be? I swear, I deeply love the colors of B&G and have loved this football organization for pretty much my whole almost 48 years on this planet IF this Cowpuke is wearing our B&G, then sadly, I'm done and my new favorite B&G colors will be black and gold and I will try rooting for Pittsburgh.

The Washington Redskins are surrounded by the most adversarial group of beat writers that I've ever seen cover a pro sports team.

They sling hockey against the wall at an absurdly high rate.

Rappaport should be forced to either produce evidence conversations have occurred or admit he made it up out of thin air. There are literally zero ethics in journalism today.

The fact that it's taken almost 2 seasons to resolve the Cousins contract situation leaves the Redskins open to every kind of kook story that can be fabricated and put out there.

John Elway or Bill Belichick would never let their organizations swing in the wind for this long over the drama of the Cousins situation.

To be fair the Skins FO has remained pretty quiet. Everything we're reading is rampant speculation by the press. From the Scotty situation to the Cousins situation they've been pretty on message and not wavered from it. Support for Scotty and the 'we see our future with Kirk'.

Maybe there's something to be said for them saying something to at least refute some of the rumours, but should they really need to?

The Kirk thing has dragged on, but it's also easy to see why. We got burnt on RGIII and last year took a sensible approach that was always a bit of a gamble in respect that if Kirk played well he'd have all the leverage. To be honest I'm still pretty happy that's how the Skins approached this. I bet Houston wishes they'd been more circumspect last year...

Skins just need to accept what's happened, bite the bullet and do the deal.

Kirk and Julie Cousins are expecting. Just announced a short time ago. Now, will the baby be born in NOVA, Cleveland, San Fran, Chicago, or NY?

The fact that it's taken almost 2 seasons to resolve the Cousins contract situation leaves the Redskins open to every kind of kook story that can be fabricated and put out there.

John Elway or Bill Belichick would never let their organizations swing in the wind for this long over the drama of the Cousins situation.

You keep giving Elway way too much credit. He did have his organization swinging in the wind last year. They also sucked this year. Peyton got them to the Super Bowl a couple times, but without him around they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire. The Brock Osweiler situation looks good on them in retrospect, but it was not exactly a quiet offseason for them last year.

They donkeys are not on the pats level. Maybe it's because I'm near it that I hear the news that you haven't. But Elway does not belong in the same breath as what Belichick has done.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

John Keim‏@john_keim
The Redskins signed coach Jay Gruden to a two-year extension, according to a source.

Honestly, if he's in the middle of a bad situation then he deserves to go somewhere better. With that said, I'd take him as a GM 10x out of 10 over Bruce.

Dan Snyder has owned the Redskins for 18 years. Overseen eight different head coaches. Jay Gruden is the first to get a contract extension.

Snyder's HC's:
Turner - Fired
Schottenheimer - Fired
Spurrier - Fired
Gibbs - Retired
Zorn - Fired
Shanahn - Fired
Gruden - Extended

Well deserved imho.

It will have appositive effect on the offseason, for sure. And that's a good thing.

But unless the extension salary is guaranteed, like the original, he's still a 6 win season in 2017 away from being fired.

Jay Gruden extended?

I smell cigar smoke...yep, McD5 just lit one up..........

PFT wants everyone to believe that our franchise is in major disarray and chaos, and the extension of Gruden was simply completed for optics heading into free agency.

If anything, being a relatively competent franchise for a two year period doesn't do much to erase an otherwise 25 year run of futility.

Skepticism will be something we as a fan base have to live with for as long as Dan Snyder owns this franchise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.