• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

FoxSports: Jones Says Changes Coming in Dallas

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/01/02/13/Jones-Changes-are-coming-for-Cowboys/msn_landing.html?blockID=843553&feedID=4680

I hinted at the idea earlier in the year after we saw so much success with Griffin here, Jerry Jones is going to make a big splash in the off-season. I am saying it here, I strongly believe that if Ron Rivera loses his job in Carolina and they go in complete rebuild mode, they might be willing to trade Cam Newton to Dallas. And after the season Griffin's had here, Jones wants his new shiny toy too and there isn't anyone coming out of college who is that shiny.

There are variables involved, first of which would be Rivera losing his job. Lombardi intimated that Rivera was one of those who almost certainly would lose his job last week, yet here we are 4 days after the season and he's still got a job.

Second would depend on what direction the Panthers new regime would want to go. If they bring in a guy like Schiano, it wouldn't be too hard to see them dumping Cam. Cam is proving to be trouble. Sure he has his good game, sometimes great game, but at which point in the season do we see the cry baby Cam throw 4 int's and blame the coaches and anyone else in an interview.

3rd would be the price tag. I really don't think this is a problem though. I think at this point Jerruh is ready to do anything! Look at what he did last year to get Morris Claibourne. The kid was worthy of a late top 10 pick, but not a trade up that cost a 2nd and a top 10 pick. I swear he couldn't handle the attention the Redskins were getting so he had to pull the trigger. Jenkins is as good as Morris, they needed OL especially since they just landed the top CB in FA.

Anyway, it's all conjecture on my part, but I would not be surprised to see Cam Newton in Dallas next season!

Bold prediction there. If it happens, you should get a prize from the BGO vault. :D

Seriously - if this were to happen, it could set the pokes back many, many years. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think its more likely that Jerrah sells the farm again to move up and draft Geno Smith, thinking he's getting the next Griffin/Wilson/Kaepernick/Newton.

I would be surprised if Geno Smith gets drafted in the top 10 Lanky. He fell off badly after his explosion the first few games. If Dallas sat tight they could end up with him at 18. The reason I think this is a possibility is because Jerruh is itching to pull the trigger on something big and this is the type of move that would have people talking about the Cowboys and a Super Bowl next year.

Pretty sure most of the media is contractually obligated to talk about the Cowboys winning the SB every year anyway.

I would be surprised if Geno Smith gets drafted in the top 10 Lanky. He fell off badly after his explosion the first few games. If Dallas sat tight they could end up with him at 18. The reason I think this is a possibility is because Jerruh is itching to pull the trigger on something big and this is the type of move that would have people talking about the Cowboys and a Super Bowl next year.

You're right, but a lot depends on his Combine performance. If he blows away the combine, he could be right back in the mix. Also remember that Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert etc. etc. etc. were all supposed to be 2nd rounders also, and they got drafted way early.

I hear ya. I just think Jerry wants something/someone big...

oh man, i thought dallas keeping romo would be awesome. trading for newton?

it's almost not even funny. almost...

I keep hearing Romo for Rivers. Watching Rivers play this year, I'd be fine with that scenario as well.

Jones is just spouting off to appease some very angry fans. Romo is not going anywhere. Jones would be admitting he's been wrong all along. Not going to happen.

I think Jones will stick with Romo for another year or two, then sell the farm to draft Johnny Football.

Romo was handpicked by Sean Payton, who followed his career closely because he was breaking his own records at Eastern Illinois.

But wasn't Romo handpicked and initially annointed by Bill Parcells, and not Jones ?

Doesn't mean Romo isn't 'Jones Boy' - because I think the only explanation for them signing Romo to a contract extension is that Jones has a man-crush on him. The problem with Romo has always been that he's talented enough for the ownership and coaches to believe he's just been 'unlucky' and will turn the corner any season now and be elite. He isn't elite upstairs, and that can't be coached into a player. You're born with it. The best thing the Cowboys could do for Romo (save sending him packing which is what a wise owner would do) is get him a team of top psychiatrists. His mental collapses are reaching legendary proportions at this point.

Not that I don't love it. Because I do :)

After 10 years of this Boone, I just don't think a team of mental health professionals can cure what ails him. He just ain't got "it".

Geno is a legit NFL talent. There's no doubt in my mind about that. And I say that as someone who loathes the very existence of the Mountaineers.

May the Cowboys keep Romo until we're all long gone. Amen. :)

Dagummit!

Rob Ryan has been fired. Who becomes the next goofy looking coach in the NFC East that we can joke and laugh at each week? Offenses in the NFCE are in mourning over this decision. Rob Ryan's defenses were easy points.

Im lighting a candle.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Dagummit!

Rob Ryan has been fired. Who becomes the next goofy looking coach in the NFC East that we can joke and laugh at each week? Offenses in the NFCE are in mourning over this decision. Rob Ryan's defenses were easy points.

To be fair to Rob, his defense was the most injury decimated unit I know of in the NFL this season. By the time of the final game in Washington, he was starting guys at ILB who had been walking the street as Free Agents at mid-season. Depth was a huge issue and Rob wasn't in charge of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.