• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The ref that claimed Hall threatened to kill him is Head Linesman this sunday

This is a no-brainer. The NFL needs to step in and remove any possibility of any remote sppearance of impropriety and remove this guy. I honestly can not fathom how they would want the **** storm that would happen if the Seahags, after their first gifted game from the officials, got a playoff gift, or anything that remotely resembled a gift.

The NFL is really, REALLY stupid if they don't replace this guy.

Sooo... no chance he gets replaced, right?

No chance. This is the same league office that was squabbling about small things to the point that they let the replacement refs blow the Seattle-Green Bay game. They don't care enough to do anything and will only care after the fact if something egregious happens. The pattern with the league and refs is reactive rather than proactive.

This is a mix of passion and true fans......which I love......plus a little of the "victimized" syndrome.

Good God, have the last 20 years of mostly fail really made us that paranoid?

This guy's main job is to count the number of offensive players, make sure enough guys are up on the line, and to make sure there are no illegal formations or movement prior to the snap. He's primarily staring at the offense. He's not staring at D Hall, who likely won't even be on his side of the field for half of the game.

He's also watching the chain crew to make sure they are displaying the correct down and spot. He's got a lot on his plate.

And further incentive?

Referees in the NFL are paid by the season based on the number of games as well as the number of seasons they have been on duty. The average compensation for a non-tenured referee is $45,000, while tenured refs and those working playoff games earn about $100,000 annually.

So, is he really going to say "Screw the chance to make more money for myself and for my family in the future....I hate D Hall more than I like money? I really want to bend that guy over, and I hate the Redskins?"

I guess anything is possible. It's also possible that he genuinely likes the game, enjoys the players, and either feels badly about what happened in the heat of battle, or doesn't want to face possible death threats over a blown call.

Last edited:
McD, two points. First, no, I don't think he would do anything purposefully to jeopardize his position. But subconciously? That I have NO problem believing for a minute. The human mind is far more powerful than you're giving it credit. If he feels wronged by Hall, that very well could manifest itself during the game, even subconciously.

The scary thing about that, btw, is that the human brain is also more than capable of creating a sort of alternate reality in which he would be CONVINCED he did nothing wrong, and would be able to pass a lie detector test to that effect. Not saying this is going to happen, but it absolutely could happen.

My second point is simply that for that reason (it COULD happen), he should be removed. Assign him to a different game. Why expose yourself to that kind of risk. As China said, it will never happen, but it should. As it is now, he will probably be on edge before and during the game, trying desperately not to make a mistake, instead of relying on his instincts and knowledge which have gotten him to this level. That's also when mistakes happen.

Goodell is a fool. This is bad for the sport, for the Redskins, for the Redskins' fans and for the ref.

McD5,

They say you could call holding on every NFL down. If this guy wanted to and held a grudge think he couldn't find a way to penalize the team? It wouldn't be that hard at all, would it? This year alone we have seen many flags thrown which film revealed to be completely phantom. I've seen us get spots that were 2 yards behind where a player was first touched down. Even outside of 'skins games we have seen Refs decide victory or loss... the Seahawks are a good example.

Will this guy wrong us and risk his NFL livlihood? The NFL should not take the chance. The dignity of the game should go first.

Now there is this:

@MikeJonesWaPo said:
Source says Dana McKenzie - the official that DHall got in an altercation with - is not working #Redskins playoff game versus the Seahawks.

It's still the same crew that the guy was from though right? Is there a worry over his pals still holding a grudge?

(I would think probably not due to the stuff McD5 was speaking of, but these days who the heck knows whats gonna hit this team from the league.

McD5 - in general, I would agree with you.

But this is a problem that hasn't been resolved yet.

Given how many refs there are, and the importance of the game, this ref shouldn't be on the field with Hall until the issue between the two has been resolved.

They NFL wont even show another game at the same time - that's how important these playoff games are to them. You'd think subbing out a ref would be a no brainer.

Even when Hall is playing OK his douchyness affects the team. Hard to imagine that all eyes won't be on him and with Wilson's mobility its not something I look forward to seeing play out.

It's still the same crew that the guy was from though right? Is there a worry over his pals still holding a grudge?

(I would think probably not due to the stuff McD5 was speaking of, but these days who the heck knows whats gonna hit this team from the league.

Ss, the head official in this game has not done a Redskins' game all year according to the link attached. Not sure about the rest of the crew. I guess I was under the impression a crew that had been together for the season would for playoff games too. I guess not.

Ss, the head official in this game has not done a Redskins' game all year according to the link attached. Not sure about the rest of the crew. I guess I was under the impression a crew that had been together for the season would for playoff games too. I guess not.

Oh thats good to know! I had just assumed the same crews stayed together throughout as well.

Actually, this is incorrect. Pete Morelli is the head official. He worked the Steelers game. It says that in the link posted by the OP.

Actually, this is incorrect. Pete Morelli is the head official. He worked the Steelers game. It says that in the link posted by the OP.
Story from the very 1st OP was different than the one currently there. The 1st story was about MacKenzie being on the crew, now there is a retraction stating differently. The original story said the Head Official of the crew that was doing the playoff game hadn't officiated a Redskins' game this year. I don't know if that 1t story was inaccurate and I was misled or what.

Story from the very 1st OP was different than the one currently there. The 1st story was about MacKenzie being on the crew, now there is a retraction stating differently. The original story said the Head Official of the crew that was doing the playoff game hadn't officiated a Redskins' game this year. I don't know if that 1t story was inaccurate and I was misled or what.

actually, reading the comments, one of the commenters posted that it was a mistake. then it looks like they fixed it.

just a timing issue - you read the post too early ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.