• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cousins: Injured or sick ?

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, as two articles state different reasons for him missing practice.

One says Flue:
Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said that backup quarterback Kirk Cousins didn’t practice because of the flu.

Cousins has flue

One says knee:
And backup quarterback Kirk Cousins missed practice with a knee.

Lichtensteiger hopes to play

Is Shanny playing media games ? Don't know what it would do being it's the # 2 QB we're talkin about... or, just a misprint... If it's a knee problem, that could account for Rex being activated.

Rex was activated for the Dallas game because DeJon Gomes wasn't ready to play so he was inactive. Being it's the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike have all three QB's active whether Cousins has the flu (or a knee) or not.

Tonight's injury report lists him with an 'illness'. Sounds like the flu to me.

Rex was activated for the Dallas game because DeJon Gomes wasn't ready to play so he was inactive. Being it's the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike have all three QB's active whether Cousins has the flu (or a knee) or not.

With the biggest game of the last decade on the line, and a healthy back up, I would think there were spots Shanny would have liked to have the added depth at over QB and activated somebody else. I've learned not to take everything from Shanny as fact, so that's why I had to pose the question.

It's more then likely flu, or as you say, just for safety sake..... but I can't help but wonder.

It's more then likely flu, or as you say, just for safety sake..... but I can't help but wonder.

You can't help but wonder about ANYTHING Shanahan says. :whoknows:

He's as enigmatic as Jim Zorn was transparent. Still, with RG3 having the knee issue and the season on the line, do you really want to leave your 3rd QB totally out of the mix? I'd prefer activating depth elsewhere as well but I also wish the NFL had some type of exemption for the playoffs where the 3rd QB would automatically be allowed to be active and didn't count towards the active roster.

Does anyone really want a freak situation to occur during a playoff game where a RB or WR had to play QB in an emergency?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.